Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roo's itchy butt U/D...All gone, but more advice needed plz

+5
Jay
Lottie
Catsknickers
Velvet.Tears
Yodaphine
9 posters

Go down

Roo's itchy butt U/D...All gone, but more advice needed plz Empty Roo's itchy butt U/D...All gone, but more advice needed plz

Post by Yodaphine Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:04 pm

I wanna start by sayin, dont read any further if you are eating No
Noticed a 'raisin' on my floor yesterday, went to pick it up and noticed a little white worm on it, bout half cm long...Obviously this lead me to closer inspect any further poo's and much to my horror, there were more, nowhere near as big as the first one, but there were definately more! I nearly heaved! I got straight on t'internet, and soon found all the info I needed (mainly from old threads on here Thumbs Up ) So off I went straight down to P@H to arm myself with some panacure rabbit...And I have to say I was dreading dosing her, as soon as I saw the word 'syringe' I thought Uh ohhhh, Roo aint gonna like this one bit, and I was right! I sat on the floor with her and put her on my lap, and as soon as she saw the syringe she started to argue with me about the whole thing, I didnt manage to get it anywhere near her mouth, I knew straight away that I needed a different approach scratch scratch scratch Then it dawned on me, Blueberries!!! So i took a little knife, and scooped out the middle of the biggest blueberry I could find, and squeezed the panacure into it and popped the top back on...Roo snarfed it straight away, dont think she even noticed the panacure! Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Did the same with her dose this morn and she did the same!!! Hoooyaahh!!!! cheers
After dosing her yesterday, I cleaned her cage and trays thoroughly, and left her to it...I have vigilantly picked up every poo since! This morning, I noticed there are loads of dead worms in her poo, none of them are moving at all. Im guessing this is a normal part of the process, her pooing out the dead worms? It really is absolutely repulsive tho, I swear if I wash my hands much more they are gonna fall off!
I dont think Ruby has ever been wormed before, and question whether she was born with them and I never noticed...But other than that,I have absolutely no idea where she got them from as she is an indoor bun! confused
Gonna keep a close eye on her poo, and Im hoping this will clear up now she is on the panacure...If anyone has any further advice on this it would be greatly appreciated...I think I am now doing all the right things, but as I am new to all this I may have missed something...So glad she was hassling me in the bathroom the other day tho, I tapped the scales and managed to get her to sit on em, she weighs 2.8Kg! lil piggy! lol! Had I have not manged to weight her, I wouldnt have had a clue where to start with the dose!!

Last edited by Yodaphine on Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Yodaphine
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2011-01-04

Back to top Go down

Roo's itchy butt U/D...All gone, but more advice needed plz Empty Re: Roo's itchy butt U/D...All gone, but more advice needed plz

Post by Velvet.Tears Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:12 pm

I use Panacur but luckily for me my buns take it easily they just suckle it out of the tube while i squeeze the dose into there mouths.
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5578
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Roo's itchy butt U/D...All gone, but more advice needed plz Empty Re: Roo's itchy butt U/D...All gone, but more advice needed plz

Post by Catsknickers Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:40 pm

OMG?!?! I have never heard of buns getting worms like that! Trust Roo. Gald there were threads on here about it. How the hell is she likely to have got those?!
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Yodaphine Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:52 pm

Not a clue where she got them from scratch Have done a bit of seaching on t'internet, and theres a few ways she coulda got them...apparently some buns can be born with them, as they are passed down from the mother, and another possible way is from hay from fields, due to the fact it can be defacated on by wild buns, thus spreadin the eggs etc...But truthfully I really dont know its not like I even have any other animals apart from Mousey B, and they arent in close contact confused And either way im pretty sure mouse doesnt have worms anyways...Still, least they seem to be goin now, and I have every faith that by the end of her treatment they will have gone completely.

Yodaphine
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Lottie Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:57 pm

I think you might be the only person in the world capable of making a post about deworming your rabbit this funny. Laughing
I giggled through the whole thing.

It is weird that she got worms, and so many, being an indoor bun...
Chewy never got any as far as I know and he's outside all day long!
Lottie
Lottie
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 669
Registration date : 2010-01-05

http://www.flickr.com/photos/milkyfactory/

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:13 pm

Someone who knows more about them will come along and tell us. Christ my buns are eating that hay Roo is eating. Will be checking their poo now. You see with buns, you never stop learning and Lottie is right, you made that post hilarious!!!!!! Laughing x
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:57 am

OMGosh, tthat's bizarre, and like Lottie, I giggled all the way through Laughing Ingenious fruity solution there Thumbs Up

It is quite rare, AFAIK, I looked it up on-line a while back, and being born with them seemed to be the most likely outcome. Hope she's worm free soon Thumbs Up
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:54 am

That Panacur works straight away so within a couple of days they will be gone. I worm mine every 3 months though anyway.
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince the bunny Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:14 pm

Eughhhhhh!!! Lol Roo's itchy butt U/D...All gone, but more advice needed plz 811805

When I was a kid our dog got worms and he had one hell of a huge worm hanging out his bum, and my mum stood on the end of it and it came out as the dog walked off, totally GROSS!!!

I have a horrid image of wormy rabbit poos stuck in my mind, thanks for that!!! Roo's itchy butt U/D...All gone, but more advice needed plz 811805
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2290
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Yodaphine Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:09 pm

Vince the bunny wrote:Eughhhhhh!!! Lol Roo's itchy butt U/D...All gone, but more advice needed plz 811805

I have a horrid image of wormy rabbit poos stuck in my mind, thanks for that!!! Roo's itchy butt U/D...All gone, but more advice needed plz 811805

Laughing Your welcome!
U/D Worms seem to be gone, everything seems to be lookin alot clearer now! Thumbs Up Today is the fifth day of her course of panacur...Am now wondering where to take it form here? Obviously im gonna finish the 9 day course, but because she is only ickle, theres still gonna be enough panacure left for another 9days...Do I carry on and finish the tube so in total she will have had 18days? Or will just the 9day course suffice? The main reason im considering a longer course is cos of how severe they seemed to be, today is the first day her poo seemed to be completely clear...Bless her she seems so much happier in herself, before it was always like she was trying to tell me something but I couldnt work out what it was, she would sometimes seem really 'antsy'! I put it down to hormones, but Im now beginning to wonder if her itchy bum was the culprit, her frustration must have been immense, I mean imagine having an itch you just cant scratch! She seems far more contented, and far less destructive! Happy days Happy Dance

Yodaphine
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:38 pm

I just don't know the answer to this one. I kinda think 9 days will be enough. Lets see what someone more experienced thinks. x
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:13 pm

From my experience with panacur 9 days is enough. She won't need to be wormed again for another 3 months after.
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:14 pm

Glad Roo is all cleared up bless her. I can imagine that she was motified too bless her heart.

Give her a cuddle from me.
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince the bunny Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:30 pm

Hmmm an itchy bum she couldn't scratch.... do you think buns can scoot along on their bottoms like dogs can? Roo's itchy butt U/D...All gone, but more advice needed plz 239718 or would they hop and do it? Rolling Eyes

I would have thought 9 days would be enough, the 9 days already given would be a course to treat 1 or 100 worms. An extra dose might upset her guts?

I'm glad to here she is feeling better Very Happy
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2290
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:00 pm

I am glad she is better, please give her a nose rub from me.

Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Corrina Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:28 pm

There's nowt worse than an itchy bum, poor Roo, am glad she's better too!

Corrina
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2010-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum