Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You think you know somebun ....

5 posters

Go down

You think you know somebun .... Empty You think you know somebun ....

Post by Amelia66 Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:29 pm

So Marshall is settling in really well. He was petrified of me when i got him, but over a few days he got a bit more used to me sat next to him talking like a crazy person Rolling Eyes Hes been a bit more settled, wanting to sleep out on his blankly or in his litter tray rather than inside the house he has. I have scooped him up a few times, and after minimal wriggling he pretty much calms down and tolerates being held, which is nice if i need to pick him up. The only thing he wouldn't do is come out of his cage, i didn't want to pick him up and put him out so i just left the cage open, he would stand at the side and look over, but he wouldn't jump out. I thought he was just going to be a nervous bun so i made him a ramp type thing so he could go out on his own, but still he preferred his cage which was fine until today.

Today in my house is my day off, which also means its clean out the animals day. I have 6 rodents that live in my room and the bunny so its quite a job, and i decided i had to start with marsh. I had to catch him and pop him in a safe area to clean him out, he stayed there till i was done and then made his way back to the cage and hopped back in. Slowly over around a hour he popped in and out until a minute ago when he started racing around like a nutter Laughing forget toys he just wanted to speed around the place, seems he just needed to know the outside wasn't going to eat him now hes not such a shy little thing anymore Laughing

It very enjoyable watching hes small binkys and him racing around the place, hes still not to keen on the scary big hoomin that lives in the same room let alone different hoomins hes never seen before. Overall i think hes settling in well which is great! will have to try to get some pics ..... if he sits still for five seconds!

I do have a question tho. he seems to be missing some fur in strange patches on his back, could moving him inside [he was outside before i had him] have caused a early moult? its not much, but the short hair underneath is darker and making him look like he has bald bits lol.
Amelia66
Amelia66
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2011-02-17

Back to top Go down

You think you know somebun .... Empty Re: You think you know somebun ....

Post by Amelia66 Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:20 pm

he decided he was tired from all that running about, and had a nice settle down in his armchair .....

You think you know somebun .... Vy4f10
Amelia66
Amelia66
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:58 pm

Im so so glad he has settled in okay bless him.

He sounds like he is having a fab time. There will be no getting him back in now.

How bald is the skin. Can you see the skin or is it just shorter new fur?
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahJane Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:08 pm

It looks like he is moulting from that piccy Smile
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6018
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia66 Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:23 pm

yea its just darker short hair underneath, its making some pretty funky patterns on him Laughing

Hes been in and out all day which is good, and so far no 'accidents' on the carpet wooo!
Amelia66
Amelia66
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:24 pm

Sounds like moulting to me.

Im so glad he is feeling happier and being good with his toilets too....

Please give the cheeky boy some nose rubs from us. x x x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:39 pm

Oh, the little love, he just needed a bit of time.

I know what you mean about cleaning cages out, my guinea pigs are cleaned out every other day because they are inside, but I still have 4 baby snails and there is of course Mr Snuffles my bunny. He has a big dog bed with hay in it which is changed twice a day. Do you get the feeling love, that you never have a day off LOL?!!! Still, I know we wouldn't be without them for the world.

Jo xx

Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia66 Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:12 pm

lol jo i know how you feel, i am constantly feeding someone or changing a water bottle or letting one of my smaller fuzzies run about on my bed XD Yet when i have a day out somewhere or i have to stay away overnight and my mum feeds them i'm constantly worrying Laughing
Amelia66
Amelia66
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:24 pm

Hello Amelia (what a lovely name) and thank you for replying to my post. Yes, we feel like the servants here all right and as you say, there is always something to attend too but we wouldn't have it any other way.

I am lucky, I never have to stay anywhere overnight and I would be very stressed if I had to. I have to be with my babies all the time, Mr Snuffles my house bunny sleeps on my bed and just wouldn't want to miss that, so I know exactly how you feel..

Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:30 pm

So glad he's settling in Smile On both of mine the first moult was just awful - so much fur falling out, but since that one, nothing quite so bad. They were both outdoor buns that became indoor buns, so I suspect it had something to do with the temperature change as well as the seasonal one
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down