Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Rescue Service Struggles With Demand

2 posters

Go down

New Rescue Service Struggles With Demand Empty New Rescue Service Struggles With Demand

Post by fairlybeloved Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:38 pm

Hi,

You may have already heard about us through other posts on this forum. Fairly Beloved Rabbit Care, based near Glasgow in Scotland, started in December 2010 as a result of a desire to be doing more about rabbit welfare and the number of poorly treated rabbits in our area who had become abandoned or unwanted. Our initial attempts earlier in 2010 to start a full rescue centre had been denied by our landlord, and so not being ones to be deterred by mere practicalities we set to setting up a similar service utilising a network of foster carers and volunteers.

However, we have very quickly become to realise that there is a larger demand for services than there is capacity to manage, and our intention of starting off slow and small, gradually building doesn't fit with expectation within the area.

You can find out more about our sudden increase in demand on our blog.

So we desperately need your help, and will very much appreciate whatever help you feel you can offer.

Some suggestions:

• Offer help by providing transport for animals requiring collection or delivery in and out of foster care

• Help us raise necessary funds by running a fundraising event or activity on behalf of the service

• Consider donating to our work directly through our website.

• Donating equipment and/or food for us to get a new foster carer up and running

If you have any other suggestions of things we can try to do to keep afloat, please get in touch. I cannot express enough how much your help will be appreciated by us, and of course the many rabbits we will be able to work with and improve their lives.

Thanks
David

fairlybeloved
New Hopper
New Hopper

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2010-12-10

Back to top Go down

New Rescue Service Struggles With Demand Empty Re: New Rescue Service Struggles With Demand

Post by jolovesbunnies Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:51 pm

I do so wish I could but I live in Cornwall. Good luck love, everything is crossed.

Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down