Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ear mites / Ear infection update

+14
Jodie
Thumper2001
cheryl'n'bruce'flo
Josie
JoeyBunsMum
Yorkshire Debs
Becki
jolovesbunnies
Happy Hoppers
NickieM
Jay
KatieB
Tuckerbunnies
Dawnbunny
18 posters

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Ear mites / Ear infection update - Page 6 Empty Re: Ear mites / Ear infection update

Post by Thumper2001 Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:35 pm

How is Pumpkin doing?

I've been thinking about you guys Hugs
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Ear mites / Ear infection update - Page 6 Empty Re: Ear mites / Ear infection update

Post by KatieB Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:50 pm

Any progress from giving the vet the paper?

I know ive said it before but I think John Chitty is happy to consult directly with Vets so perhaps he can shed some more light on things?

Sending love and hugs to you bothx x x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawnbunny Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:59 pm

Hi Katie and Thumper ,

Thanks for thinking of us.

We are considering trying something mentioned in one of the papers .... he is booked in to have his ear syringed next week as the spasms are to bad now , he appears to be in some discomfort/sleep with his ear against the wall to stop it spasming.....

THis time after the syringing we are considering putting in an ear wick.... or beads of antibiotics which are inserted in the ear and dissolve slowly... my vet has never done this before but she will look into it..

One of the problem is that even from the papers , none of the treatments inc surgery resection seem to completely be able to solve the ear disease. Its very hit and miss ...
Sad

We just have to try everything to make him as comfortable as possible.

He is the cutest and now just chooses to take his loxicam whilst sitting up knowing he will get a bit of carrot afterwards.

I am worried about losing him under aneasethetic after what happened last time with his breathing .... on a plus point he has put weight on ...

Will let you know what we decide next Tues...

thanks
Dawn x
Dawnbunny
Dawnbunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 519
Registration date : 2011-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:06 pm

How is pumpkin? Did you try any of the things mentioned above?
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawnbunny Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:36 pm

Thumper2001 wrote:How is pumpkin? Did you try any of the things mentioned above?

HI Thumper,

Pumpkins chest is to bad again to consider surgery/placement of wick so we have changed antibiotics in the hope this will help.... we are back again next Tues ...

thank you for thinking of us.

Dawn
Dawnbunny
Dawnbunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:40 pm

Fingers crossed the abx help. You and pumpkin deserve some relief.

You must be exhausted with all this worry for so long Sad
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawnbunny Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:55 pm

It is really rough going... Pumpkin has been in bed all day and just jumped out for a cuddle Very Happy That has to be a good sign....

Binky is coming out in sympathy and is semi gastric, teeth issues I think , so he is back at the vets tomorrow !

Poor old middle aged bunnies ...

thank you so much for your kind words ...

Dx

Dawnbunny
Dawnbunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:31 pm

Oh goodness - they are putting you through it arnt they bless them.

I really hope this works for him and that Binky's teeth are easily fixed.

katie x x x x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawnbunny Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:37 pm

Katieb wrote:Oh goodness - they are putting you through it arnt they bless them.

I really hope this works for him and that Binky's teeth are easily fixed.

katie x x x x

thank you Katie , how is Mr Daisy ?

I think of you often..... x
Dawnbunny
Dawnbunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:42 pm

Bless him coming out for a cuddle Love

I really hope both vet trips are a success!
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:36 pm

I have been following this thread with interest as Pud had a severe ear infection as well as a nasal infection and his chest was bad as well and I hope the abx really really works for him and I will have my fingers tightly crossed that it does.
Mike and I know too well how draining it is, with different treatment's comes new hope and when there is no improvement it's just so upsetting.

Sending Pumpkin mega 'get well' vibes xxxxxxxx Hugs

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawnbunny Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:39 pm

Thumper2001 wrote:Bless him coming out for a cuddle Love

I really hope both vet trips are a success!

thank you , will keep you posted x
Dawnbunny
Dawnbunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawnbunny Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:42 pm

Tuckerbunnies wrote:I have been following this thread with interest as Pud had a severe ear infection as well as a nasal infection and his chest was bad as well and I hope the abx really really works for him and I will have my fingers tightly crossed that it does.
Mike and I know too well how draining it is, with different treatment's comes new hope and when there is no improvement it's just so upsetting.

if we can just get his chest to clear then the wick seems to be the way to go now , just so worried he wont come back from having such a bad chest.... but praying and hoping he will ...

How is little Pud doing ?

Dx
Dawnbunny
Dawnbunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:11 am

Dawnbunny wrote:
Tuckerbunnies wrote:I have been following this thread with interest as Pud had a severe ear infection as well as a nasal infection and his chest was bad as well and I hope the abx really really works for him and I will have my fingers tightly crossed that it does.

if we can just get his chest to clear then the wick seems to be the way to go now , just so worried he wont come back from having such a bad chest.... but praying and hoping he will ...

Dx

Sadly Pud died on Sunday he is in Rainbow Bridge on here, on a check up on his nasal and ear infection they noticed he had a spur on his back molar so they admitted him and it was his first ever dental and he just didn't fully come round from the GA and died in Mikes arms Crying or Very sad

https://happyhoppers.forumotion.co.uk/t13916-update-on-pud-our-precious-pud-has-left-for-the-bridge#171885

https://happyhoppers.forumotion.co.uk/t14293-pud-29-8-05-to-6-11-11

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawnbunny Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:37 am

Tuckerbunnies wrote:
Dawnbunny wrote:

Dx

Sadly Pud died on Sunday he is in Rainbow Bridge on here, on a check up on his nasal and ear infection they noticed he had a spur on his back molar so they admitted him and it was his first ever dental and he just didn't fully come round from the GA and died in Mikes arms Crying or Very sad

https://happyhoppers.forumotion.co.uk/t13916-update-on-pud-our-precious-pud-has-left-for-the-bridge#171885

https://happyhoppers.forumotion.co.uk/t14293-pud-29-8-05-to-6-11-11

thats really sad Crying or Very sad

just read your updates . when one of our our little family here at happy hoppers goes to rainbow bridge we all feel it
.... so very sorry to hear about little Pud.

thinking of you Hugs

Dawn
Dawnbunny
Dawnbunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawnbunny Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:54 pm

Update

Pumpkin only managed to be on Septrin for 4 days before going gastric , his chest is sounding raspy again... so switched to Oxytetracycline daily injections given at home., he has never been on this so we thought it is worth a try.. alongside steriod ear drops to cut down on ear wax over production and metacam morning and night.

want to believe that his chest will get better with antibiotics enough to be able to handle GA for a ear wick ..

Pumpkin is eating properly today so thats a good sign..

on a side note Binky is also eating again , he was teething, yep a tooth that was removed has grown back !!!!!!!!!!

Dawn
Dawnbunny
Dawnbunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:22 pm

Hi Dawn. I'm sorry to hear the first drug didn't work out Sad I have everything crossed that these new injections do the trick.

Thanks for the update and please do keep us posted Smile
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawnbunny Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:42 pm

many thanks

So far we have tried since Feb for his ear...

Septrin
Marbofloxacin injections work at lower dose otherwise he goes gastric
Baytril
Azurion ear drops
endofloxacin drops /and soaking base of ear after ear wash.

prayers that Oxy helps his chest and we are able to get an ear wick in... I know its a long shot now, just got to keep trying ....

Dawnbunny
Dawnbunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:03 pm

Don't give up hope. Never give up hope. My girl is pushing 11 and soooo many times I've thought I was going to lose her and she's surprised me by bouncing back.

It must be hard after fighting this for so long, but try to stay positive Smile x
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawnbunny Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:52 pm

Thumper2001 wrote:Don't give up hope. Never give up hope. My girl is pushing 11 and soooo many times I've thought I was going to lose her and she's surprised me by bouncing back.

It must be hard after fighting this for so long, but try to stay positive Smile x

thank you for your kind words they mean a lot Hugs

Dawn
Dawnbunny
Dawnbunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:24 pm

I really hope that this works so poor Pumpkin can get better. What a slog this has been for you both. Hugs Hugs
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawnbunny Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:10 pm

NickieM wrote:I really hope that this works so poor Pumpkin can get better. What a slog this has been for you both. Hugs Hugs

Thank you Nickie Very Happy

everyone has been so great on HH .. I feel guilty Im not around as much for everyone else at the moment , just finding it difficult to cope....your support means the world, knowing you are always here... I will try to be supportive to others again soon I hope.

Dawn x
Dawnbunny
Dawnbunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:34 pm

Don't worry about not being here as much. As long as when you are on HH and get the support you need, then that is all that matters. Hugs
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:42 am

When we first got Pud he was being treated for a bad case of ear mites and then he was left with an ongoing ear and nasal infection which we had been fighting since 2008 till he passed on November the 5th so I know how hard and difficult it is and I really do feel for you.

Hope that Pumpkin get's better as it has been a long road for both of you Hugs Hugs

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:58 am

I'm sorry to hear he didn't respond to Septrin, Dawn. I hope the vets can stablise him. Have heard good things about ear wicks, fingers crossed for Pumpkin x
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next