Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Could Molly be hurt?

3 posters

Go down

Could Molly be hurt? Empty Could Molly be hurt?

Post by alicia Sun May 08, 2011 9:37 pm

I went to feed the animals earlier and I left the rabbits run lid off whilst I fed the guinea-pigs which aren't far away from the rabbits. They've never jumped out of it before (and I've never left them unsupervised with the lid off of it) but when I turned round after feeding the guinea-pigs I saw Molly in the garden, I checked all round the run and there are no holes or anything so she must have jumped. It's 2ft high! I was trying to catch her, and then I saw my cat run across the garden and I tried to chase him away from her but he ran over to her and stopped right in front of her, and the cat fell over. Molly didn't make a sound or anything so I don't think he ran into her, but she just carried on hopping. I shut the cat inside and managed to catch Molly, but she did trip a bit whilst I was trying to catch her, and I'm so worried she may have hurt herself or be in shock or something. I'm such a bad rabbit owner, if I hadn't been so stupid and put the lid on the run everything would be fine.
I put her back in the run and she hopped round the run once and then ran up the ramp, so if she'd hurt her legs or something she wouldn't be able to run up the ramp? I then gave her food and she ate it, and I've left her now in her hutch with Archie, with hay food and water and I'm going to check on her again in a minute.
Does it sound like she could be hurt in any way? I know its hard to tell over the internet its just I know very little about rabbit health and I don't know if she could be hiding it or anything. I don't know what to do, she seems fine but what if she is hiding an illness and its gets worse and I don't notice it in time? I am going to check on her as often as possible, I'm so worried and scared, I haven't even had her a month
alicia
alicia
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2010-05-22

http://www.theguineapighutch.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Could Molly be hurt? Empty Re: Could Molly be hurt?

Post by Fliss&Penelope Sun May 08, 2011 10:38 pm

I'd just keep checking her hun to watch for any signs of limping.
If she's still eating, drinking and pooping as normal, chances are she's fine.

Penelope does things like this all the time, leaps onto high places and jumps down again when I'm not looking and then I panic she's hurt herself. All it takes is for you to turn your back for a second and they get curious and see what they can get up too!

Chances are the cat didn't scare her, as if it had she would have gone into a hiding position, like getting as close to the ground as she could to hide, but you said she carried on hopping, so chances are she wasn't fussed by it!

Don't be too hard on yourself, you're a great rabbit owner, you give you little ones food, space, care and love. That doesn't make you a bad bun mum.
Just some bunnies are quite cheeky and take any oppertunity they can to explore something new, and chances are Molly saw the open door and thought ' yipee, I can jump up there and ruuuuuuuun around' !!

I'd just keep an eye on her for the next 24 hours for any signs of limping, check her paws, back, head and if she is okay with you touching her and she doesn't show signs of being hurt, then chances are she is okay!

If you still feel worried, take her to the vet, but I wouldn't if she was my bun unless I saw any injured / ill signs.

Molly is proberly in her cage, nomming away and thinking about her great escape and telling Archie all about it!!

Try not to work yourself up lovely. Sending you huge Hugs and feeling fine vibes for Molly Smile

x x x
Fliss&Penelope
Fliss&Penelope
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2011-04-11

http://www.offbeatgirldesigns.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Mon May 09, 2011 8:41 am

I expect she is absolutely fine hun.

Keep an eye on her today, make sure she is not limping and is eating and pooping okay.

You are a brilliant bunny owner so please dont worry....these buns are just a cheeky handful and will take advantage whenever they can!! Very Happy

Post back if you are worried about anything x x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down