Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

That's it, no more STRAW in this house.

+3
Rubens and Dilbert
buddabun
Happy Hoppers
7 posters

Go down

That's it, no more STRAW in this house. Empty That's it, no more STRAW in this house.

Post by Happy Hoppers Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:49 pm

I am doing away with it as a bedding, I cannot cope with keep picking it up off the carpets and chasing three cats who think it's the best plaything since the wallpaper. The plan is to buy a load of £1 pet fleeces from the poundshop and just put a clean one in every few days and give the cages a sweep. It's going to cost a fortune in washing machine associated bills but I'll probably save the same amount by hoovering less cheers

Still leaves me stuck with hay though Rolling Eyes
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://happyhoppers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

That's it, no more STRAW in this house. Empty Re: That's it, no more STRAW in this house.

Post by buddabun Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:37 pm

i use cheapo towels for my lot as they are on lino flooring. i just rotate every day or so. we also have a couple of manky old cushions (technically only a month old but rest assured they are very manky now!).

seems to work for us...
buddabun
buddabun
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7749
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.cluster-jewellery.com/

Back to top Go down

That's it, no more STRAW in this house. Empty Re: That's it, no more STRAW in this house.

Post by Rubens and Dilbert Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:41 pm

We stopped using straw and woodshavings in the hutch as it was a nightmare cleaning it out, mine have newspaper downstairs with their litter trays and a fleece blanket upstairs with a snuglesafe for at night. They just have newspaper and sometimes a blanket in the winter when they are living inside. The only problem with the blankets is, my two eat them!
Rubens and Dilbert
Rubens and Dilbert
New Hopper
New Hopper

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by jayms_fallen_angel Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:47 pm

Laminate flooring all the way! My buns get their magazorb or hay or even poops everywhere I just get good ole mr sweepy out ^_^ Now laminate flooring would save you a lot in washing machine AND hoovering bills Razz
jayms_fallen_angel
jayms_fallen_angel
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 77

http://jaymsfallenangel.webs.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoe Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:57 pm

My piglets get hay and Easibed everywhere..... luckily it stays in their room.

I don't like fleece as it makes the washing machine all dirty but thats mainly coz the piglets are diiirrrttttyyyy!
Zoe
Zoe
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 307

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahJane Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:10 pm

dom and pebs have carpet in their hutch, everywhere cept for the litter tray has straw underneath, and they have one of the 'bedroom' compartmenst stuffed with hay everyday, but i found it was so much easier to clean, plus domino liked to push it out of th ehutch everytime a door was opened Rolling Eyes
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6018

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Hoppers Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:51 pm

This is going to sound silly, but I dont trust mine not to eat carpet as they have always had a penchant for digging up and hence fraying, the corners.

The pet fleeces are going well though, not even peeing on them Very Happy
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://happyhoppers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by KathyT Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:44 am

I know how you feel - my piggies are indoor piggies at the moment until they get a little bigger, and they somehow manage to get hay everywhere (and poop for that matter, but that's a different story). I can't understand it, they're in a cage, so why am I picking up strands of hay three rooms away?! Suspect
KathyT
KathyT
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2743

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down