Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Remembering Smokey 4-2-00 to 10-10-05

+2
KatieB
Tuckerbunnies
6 posters

Go down

Remembering Smokey  4-2-00 to 10-10-05  Empty Remembering Smokey 4-2-00 to 10-10-05

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:13 am

You were the bunny at the bottom of the garden, they said you were nasty and when they remembered they would throw you some food into your hutch as they didn't want to touch you,you had never been to the vet's for a check up or vaccinations, you had never been full stop, your owner was going to University and tried to find you a home but nobody wanted you and so she was going to have you pts.
We heard about you sweetheart and said we would have you and Mike collected you on the 22nd September 2005 they had put you in a cardboard box ready to be collected but Mike took you out of the cardboard box and gently placed you in the pet carrier, your x- owner's Father was smashing up your hutch they couldn't wait for you to go!
We got you home and you screamed as Mike gently got you out of the pet carrier, you were like a toast rack, you were so skinny and so weak and we knew you wasn't well and the following morning made an appointment at our vets for you.
At the vets as Mike took you out the carrier I saw a huge open wound on your tummy and you were very underweight. You were booked in for a health check on the 24th and that night Mike gently bathed your wound and gave you meds.
The health check on the 24th showed you had a lump and so on the 26th you had an operation to remove the lump when they opened you up they removed two tumours a large and a small one,one from your chest and one from your tummy, tumour tissue was sent away to the histology lab and we had to wait to the 6th October to find out the results but at that time we were just so happy that you had got throught the operation as you were so weak sweetheart.
The scar from your operation went nearly the full length of your body you were such a brave girl.
On the 28th September you had a check up and the operation site was nice and clean and you were such a good girl at the vets.
On the 6th October you went to have your staples out and we were given the results from the histology lab....the cancer had spread and you were dying but we took you home and spoilt you rotten and gave you lots and lots of TLC.
Mike bought you a soft rabbit toy that you loved and would cuddle up to it most nights.
On October 9th as we were saying goodnight to you, you licked Mikes hand and he was so happy that you did that the following morning we found you cuddled up to your soft toy rabbit and you had gone to the Bridge. We had you for just 3 weeks.
Thank you sweetheart for saying Goodbye to us the night before we will never forget that and we will never ever forget you our beautiful little lady.
I cry as I write this as we had so little time together.
I'm so sorry Smokey that humans let you down and that you only knew love for 3 weeks.

Love you to the moon and back
from Mum & Dad Tucker and all the Tuckerbunnies
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Remembering Smokey  4-2-00 to 10-10-05  Smokey

Remembering Smokey  4-2-00 to 10-10-05  24-10-05

Remembering Smokey  4-2-00 to 10-10-05  SmokeyMike

Remembering Smokey  4-2-00 to 10-10-05  Smokey3

Remembering Smokey  4-2-00 to 10-10-05  Smokey2

Remembering Smokey  4-2-00 to 10-10-05  Smokey-1

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

https://youtu.be/ByHeHNJcE60
'Fix You' by Coldplay.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Remembering Smokey  4-2-00 to 10-10-05  Empty Re: Remembering Smokey 4-2-00 to 10-10-05

Post by KatieB Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:51 am

Oh goodness im in bits reading this.

I hope you are having fun at the bridge gorgeous girl. Its so sad that you only knew love for such a short time.

Im glad she knew it though Maysie.
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Remembering Smokey  4-2-00 to 10-10-05  Empty Re: Remembering Smokey 4-2-00 to 10-10-05

Post by Thumper2001 Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:45 am

I really need to stop Reading these things when I get to work. Sitting at my desk with tears running down my face! What a sad, sad story Crying or Very sad

It makes me so ANGRY Mad Mad Mad that a poor defenceless animal can be treated this way!!!!!! My blood is BOILING right now.

Maysie, I don't know how you don't throttle these sort of people! I wouldn't be able to help myself! Mad
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:03 pm

The sad fact is Smokey's owners were not short of money they lived in a lovely new big house with a nice garden so they could have afforded to have given her a good life had they wanted to.

Thumper2001 there are times I could throttle some owners and Mike has to bite his lip on occasions and walk away but I am a great believer of what goes around, comes around.

Smokey's soft toy Rabbit we just couldn't part with it as we felt it was part of her and I hope she doesn't mind that we kept it but it means a lot to us.
Remembering Smokey  4-2-00 to 10-10-05  Smokeyssofttoy002

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:21 pm

I need to stop reading these too, I always have a little cry.

Poor Smokey, at least she knew happiness for 3 weeks.

Hope youre having fun now Hugs
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Josie Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:38 pm

Aw Maysie that was so so sad to read Crying or Very sad

Poor Smokey had a terrible life but at least she was safe, loved and well taken care of during her last fews weeks.

Binky free Smokey Love
Josie
Josie
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1574
Registration date : 2011-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:37 pm

Made me Crying or Very sad again. Why did I read it again???!

Yeh, I believe in karma too. I get a little impatient waiting for it sometimes tho.

I've been thinking about smokey most of the day. That poor poor girl.

I'm so glad you and mike found her. Bless her and her little toy bunny.
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:00 pm

Thumper2001 wrote:Made me Crying or Very sad again. Why did I read it again???!

Yeh, I believe in karma too. I get a little impatient waiting for it sometimes tho.

I've been thinking about smokey most of the day. That poor poor girl.

I'm so glad you and mike found her. Bless her and her little toy bunny.

Sorry if I have upset you and anyone else I don't mean to.

Smokey is the only rabbit that made a big impact on us at the time and still does. Helen and Baby Saint were bad enough but they have gone on to have happy lives despite what happened to them and their disabilities, Smokey we felt never had a happy life and we had hoped to turn it all around for her and make life wonderful for her as these are the type of bunnies we love to spoil and when she died we were so heartbroken and we felt so very guilty as we had put her through a big op hoping to save her and had we known that it was all too late we wouldn't have put her through it and so we felt we had shortened her life.
Of all the rabbits we have had and they have all been rescues there are only two I can't talk about without breaking down one is Keegan my little guardian Angel lop boy and the other is Smokey, Mike won't talk about her at all he will walk away as he spent every minute he could when he wasn't at work , cuddling her, gently brushing her as on the photo as she loved that and hand feeding her anything she would eat. He came home with £40 worth of herbs once to try and tempt her. He just wouldn't give up and he was devastated when she died Crying or Very sad

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:29 pm

Please don't apologise, you didn't upset me, the people who did this to smokey did!

And please don't feel guilty, everything you and mike did you did for HER. For the first time in her life, someone put HER needs first. You guys weren't to know, you tried your best.

She died happy and loved, cuddled up to her toy rabbit.
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:40 pm

Oh dear, I am in floods. Thank you for finding her and giving her a lovely home. You are right Thumper dear, it is knowing how she was treated before she found Tuckerbunnies.

Hugs

Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down