Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vince and Hazel free ranging this afternoon

+2
Josie
Vince the bunny
6 posters

Go down

Vince and Hazel free ranging this afternoon Empty Vince and Hazel free ranging this afternoon

Post by Vince the bunny Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:53 pm

didn't get to take any photos, but whilst I was reconnecting one of their tunnels, Vince decided to hop out onto the lawn. I never chase after my buns, so I just sat back and watched him to see what he would do. He hopped about and every minute or so hopped back to the run trying to get in. So I was really brave and opened the run so he could get in and out and I also let Hazel join him as she'd noticed him on the grass. They had a whale of a time! Vince was doing bunny 500's around the garden, almost crashing into the kid's slide and Hazel ate my flowers Laughing

I daren't let Faline out as she won't come back to me, but Hazel was as good as gold when it was time to go back, I just called her and she went in the run, and Vince just squat down so I could pick him up and put him back. It was sooooooooooooooo lovely to see them running around the garden, I never let them doing cos the fence has holes in, and leads into the woods but they defo know where their home is and I felt comfy letting them do it. DH was like OMG!! The buns are on the lawn, QUICK - Catch them!!! Shocked And I thought he wasn't that keen on them Laughing

Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2290
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

Vince and Hazel free ranging this afternoon Empty Re: Vince and Hazel free ranging this afternoon

Post by Josie Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:03 pm

I bet they had a fabulous time free ranging Very Happy

I let my 2 out every day at certain times to free range and they just love it Thumbs Up

Its fabulous to see them running around going crazy Laughing
Josie
Josie
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1574
Registration date : 2011-07-28

Back to top Go down

Vince and Hazel free ranging this afternoon Empty Re: Vince and Hazel free ranging this afternoon

Post by dizzylynn Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:13 pm

Mines has been extra sookie today, he even wanted back into my arms after he had a run about the living room playing, he tried to climb up my legs, so I picked him up and he snuggled into my neck went to sleep, now he is either cold or just wanted some love awww.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3191
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince the bunny Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:43 pm

dizzylynn wrote:Mines has been extra sookie today, he even wanted back into my arms after he had a run about the living room playing, he tried to climb up my legs, so I picked him up and he snuggled into my neck went to sleep, now he is either cold or just wanted some love awww.

That is so amazingly cute Love my buns would never do that
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:49 pm

Awww sounds like they had a fab time! Bless them.

I think its just as lovely for us watching them as it is for them doing it!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:02 pm

That sounds so lovely and peaceful. Good bunnies for having fun and then going back to their run.

Dizzylynn, your bun sounds so gorgeous. Love Love
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:02 pm

That sounds so lovely and peaceful. Good bunnies for having fun and then going back to their run.

Dizzylynn, your bun sounds so gorgeous. Love Love
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince the bunny Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:37 pm

I let them do it again today but they found the hole in the fence and went next door. They have gone away so maybe they will think all their flowers died, as Hazel is a terrible flower muncher Laughing
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:57 pm

oops! ha ha ha ha

How did you manage to get them re-captured!

I hope you told them they have let themselves down! Laughing Laughing
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:05 pm

Clawed (and later Rley) were allowed to free roam in the garden which was just a hop into wild woodland. Riley stayed where the grub was good (on the lawn) but Clawed loved to go wood walkies with me and Misty. I've got photo's, when I get a new scanner I'll sort them up and maybe if we talk nicely to Maysie she will post them for me... (or I might have mastered it myself by then).

It's great to see your buns acting natural aint it? Very Happy
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4219
Registration date : 2011-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince the bunny Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:06 pm

They have a strong homing (sp?) instinct, I called them and eventually they came back of their own accord. I knew they would, I just worry Mr Fox might get them , especially if they go into the woods. Faline saw them hopping about but I daren't let her out cos she won't come back to me. Felt a bit sorry for her, bless.

I'll probably stop for a while as once the novelty of being let out wears off, they start looking for escape routes Laughing

Katie, I'd be disapointed in them if their bunny curiosity didn't lead them to want to venture further afield Smile
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince the bunny Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:09 pm

woodwench wrote:Clawed (and later Rley) were allowed to free roam in the garden which was just a hop into wild woodland. Riley stayed where the grub was good (on the lawn) but Clawed loved to go wood walkies with me and Misty. I've got photo's, when I get a new scanner I'll sort them up and maybe if we talk nicely to Maysie she will post them for me... (or I might have mastered it myself by then).

It's great to see your buns acting natural aint it? Very Happy

That'd be lovely to see those photos, not sure if Vince would like a walk in the woods, far too many dogs to spook him Laughing
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down