Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

At what point should i give in?

+7
Becki
Thumper2001
Felix&Willow
Tuckerbunnies
lizzi_b
KatieB
Karen1980
11 posters

Go down

At what point should i give in? - Page 1 Empty Re: At what point should i give in?

Post by Ruffin Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:40 pm

[b]Ruffin has never realy used anything but her lit trays she quite often gets in the lit tray and pidles over the side but thats cos she has a big ass My first bunn Jake he allways used the lit trays as well so dont think its so much a boy thing. And lets face it Katie's Daisy prob does it just to keep Katie active clearing up his royal poops Laughing Laughing
Ruffin
Ruffin
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1122
Registration date : 2010-09-19

Back to top Go down

At what point should i give in? - Page 1 Empty Re: At what point should i give in?

Post by Karen1980 Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:59 pm

Soe people on facebook have suggested making his area smaller but its not like he drops them everywhere or pee's all over its in specific places.

Ive put a tray in the front room and he still pee's in front of it.

Am thinking to order a carpet cleaner and clean thoroughly then use the simple soltuion and then see what happens.
I mean a carpet cleaner is always useful right?

Karen1980
Karen1980
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 551
Registration date : 2008-08-07

http://www.myspace.com/newzealandbunnylover

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:02 pm

I must admit charlie is great, he is a outside bunny but his house is like ours castle for a bunny lol, he has 2 trays in there and a corner that he uses but cant get a tray in it due to ramp so just clean it regularly. He comes in the house and never ever does anything not even poo, if he needs he starts to get hyper and cheeky, this seems to be an indication he wants to go back in his house, because I have noticed each time he acts like this I go to get him he will lie down and look up at me as if to say ok pick me up, take him out he is right into his tray. If you try to catch him any other time he is like no chance I am having fun. So now I know when he is ready and had enough he does his nutty hyper cheeky routine, lies down looking at me lol its sweet.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3191
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by lizzi_b Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:27 pm

I agree with making his area smaller! I had to do that with Buttons. Also do you keep moving the tray to where he keeps weeing? I had to move ours into the middle of the lounge floor for a bit till he realised that was where he needed to do it and now associates his tray with toilet rather one spot!!

I also hid bits of his favourite food in the hay (tiny chunks of carrot, herbs etc) and didn't go near him when in the tray, so he would realise the tray is a good place to be and also it is his own space where he can sit and do his mess without being bothered by humans!!

I hope he starts to grasp it soon!! it took buttons months!!! sadly some of us have stubborn buns, just stick with it and eventually it clicks and the frustration is al worth while!!
lizzi_b
lizzi_b
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2011-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down