Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spay Vibes Please - U/D vet check up done

+9
Josie
Jay
Velvet.Tears
NickieM
JoeyBunsMum
emma.b_90
Thumper2001
KatieB
icedancer
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Spay Vibes Please - U/D vet check up done - Page 1 Empty Re: Spay Vibes Please - U/D vet check up done

Post by icedancer Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:12 pm

No. I'm now starting to get seriously worried as it's three hours after they said she was being done and the nurse would call me when she was in recovery.

I'm just hoping it's because they are waiting for her to eat, poop etc before they call to say I can collect her. But it's not looking good Sad
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Spay Vibes Please - U/D vet check up done - Page 1 Empty Re: Spay Vibes Please - U/D vet check up done

Post by Thumper2001 Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:22 pm

Don't panic. All animals (and humans for that matter) react differently to GA. She's probably just being a sleepy head.

If it were me, I'd phone them again as its getting late in the day and you will need to know when to pick her up. But that's just me Smile

Edit: The nurse has probably forgotten to phone you.
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:23 pm

Don't panic. I am sure if something had gone wrong they would have phoned before now. They will be waiting for her to be properly on her feet. When Bruce had his teeth done once they sent him home still woozy as they knew I was experienced enough to cope with it. Even so it was quite alarming to see him wobbling around like a drunk. I wouldn't expect to be picking her up before 5.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:27 pm

I agree Cheryl, it is very scary!

Thumper's back legs didn't work at all when I got her back last time pale
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:35 pm

They called! Just as I finished getting her cage ready.

She came around fine, scoffed her lunch and I'm picking her up at 6pm Happy Dance

Thanks for everything guys, I'll let you know how she is when she's home
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:36 pm

Sometimes they just get caught up with other cases and forget or lose track of time.

Fingers crossed for the lovely Florence. Let us know how she is getting on. xx
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:37 pm

You posted at the same time as me!

So glad that she is fine. Give her lots of soft noserubs from us. xx
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:37 pm

Yayyy well done Florence
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5578
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:58 pm

Thumbs Up
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:59 pm

That's good news.

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:41 pm

"she's very awake" said the vet nurse, that's the understatement of the week! She's all over the place and clawing and biting at the towel I've given her! She's actually moved it out of the way to sit on the newspaper so think that might have to come out. The nurse made me laugh though as she said its normally boy rabbits who play with their stitches, Florence hadn't taken any notice of them!

They did say she didn't eat quite as much as they would have liked, but she's had a bit of hay since she's been home and has done quite a few poos so I'm not too worried at the moment. TBH if she didn't have those sticky wet eyes they come home with you wouldn't know she'd had anything done.

She's got a load of different food in there so she can chose what she wants. They are going to call me tomorrow to see how she is, and she's back in on Friday evening.
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:50 pm

Im so glad she has done so well bless her. Try not to let her jump or move around to much to keep her stitches nice and safe hun x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:08 pm

I've got her eating!

She's got, pellets, spring greens, parsley, celery, expensive hay and cheap hay. Guess what she's tucking into...yup the cheap hay Laughing Out of all the stuff I was expecting her to go for, that wasn't it. My money was on the parsley.

She also managed to tuck herself into the towel which was really sweet. If she does it again I'll get a photo for you.

Do you think I should take out her toys? I'm going to not let her out for a few days so her stiches are safe, so I don't want her to get bored but also don't want her to harm herself
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:32 pm

I'm so glad the lovely Flo is ok cheers
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:07 pm

How do you tell the difference between washing and attacking stitches?!

I feel mean telling her off, especially when I don't know if that's what she is doing.

I've been given a kiss though so thinks she's forgiven me.
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Josie Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:08 pm

Aw so glad Florence got through it all ok Very Happy

Josie
Josie
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1574
Registration date : 2011-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince the bunny Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:14 pm

Glad to hear that all is well with Florence Thumbs Up
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2290
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:18 pm

She won't stop washing! This is worse than her not eating as I can't tell if she's eating her stitches! She stopped, ate a bit of parsley and started again.

I'm stressed!

Thanks guys for all the thoughts, it means a lot
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:28 pm

I'm going to risk going to bed, she's eaten parsley, basil, a bit of cucumber (she hadn't drunk anything so thought the water would do her good) and is munching on the hay. I don't think she's ever eaten that much hay, I've had to give her more. It was a tight thought between the risk of her laying on it or not eating anything else (she doesn't eat it from a hay rack) so I went for making her eat.

Fingers crossed she'll be ok for the night, I just can't stay awake any longer.
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyBunsMum Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:12 pm

I'm sure she will be fine x

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2784
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:10 am

She had an ok night, better than me anyway!! I got up at about 1am to check on her and I was given a "what do you want" look! I handed her some cucumber in the night and she ate it, and has had some herbs and hay this morning. Pellets haven't been touched, and I have to put food right in front for her to be interested. But she's still weeing, not sure about pooing to be honest, but she is nibbling still and playing with toys.

What can I do to clean her eyes? They are still sticky and gooey from the GA.
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:11 am

And when should I offer her the Metacam? Will it be this afternoon/evening as I imagine she was given it before she came home?
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyBunsMum Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:47 pm

Some damp cotton wool is good for cleaning buns eyes after a GA. Joey had the same problem after his neuter, and I found out it's a special 'glue' they put on the eyes to protect them.

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2784
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:01 pm

Oh sorry I didn't send Florence any Spay Vibes must have missed this, Embarassed
Sending her 'healing' Vibes xxxxxxxxx

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:14 pm

I would give her some metacam this evening hun - before if she looks like she is in pain or is uncomfortable. She should take it quite easily as its quite tasty for buns.

How is she doing this afternoon?
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next