Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone know a good vet in Sheffield?

5 posters

Go down

Anyone know a good vet in Sheffield? Empty Anyone know a good vet in Sheffield?

Post by bunnymad! Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:03 pm

I have just taken our rabbits to the vet for their vaccination, and unfortunately our usual vets (who were superb) have sold the business, and the new vet was bordering on incompetent. I would be very unhappy to trust her with anything serious like surgery.

I am therefore looking for a new practice, but know that not all vets are equal, especially when it comes to rabbits! Can anyone recommend anywhere in Sheffield?

Thanks very much

bunnymad!
New Hopper
New Hopper

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2011-04-12

Back to top Go down

Anyone know a good vet in Sheffield? Empty Re: Anyone know a good vet in Sheffield?

Post by KatieB Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:07 pm

I dont im afraid (woosey southerner) but I hope someone will be along soon that can help.

I always think its really important to have confidence in your vet. Unfortunately bunny savvy ones are few and far between x x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Anyone know a good vet in Sheffield? Empty Re: Anyone know a good vet in Sheffield?

Post by NickieM Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:28 pm

I am sure that Sooz our Admin will know somewhere as that is her stamping ground. Thumbs Up

NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by fall3n-ang3l Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:10 pm

i live in sheffield the vets i use are ok,i think they really messed up with my first rabbit,she was very ill and died within 2 days i personally feel they treated her for the wrong thing but they did an amazing job when i had both my buns spayed,they is a vets for pets in sheffield,ive heard some good things about them on people on here
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4317
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by bobtek85 Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:25 pm

My parents (& myself) have always used A. Crooks & Partners in Newcourt (Sheffield Rd, Hackenthorpe, Sheffield, South Yorkshire S12 4LR, 0114 248 5413).
They've always taken a genuine interest in our dogs/cats/hamsters.
We have used the Abbey Vets in High Green for Radar when he was done. But as irrational as it sounds, I'm not sure how comfortable I am using a chain.
bobtek85
bobtek85
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2011-11-15

Back to top Go down

Post by fall3n-ang3l Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:33 pm

bobtek85 wrote:My parents (& myself) have always used A. Crooks & Partners in Newcourt (Sheffield Rd, Hackenthorpe, Sheffield, South Yorkshire S12 4LR, 0114 248 5413).
They've always taken a genuine interest in our dogs/cats/hamsters.
We have used the Abbey Vets in High Green for Radar when he was done. But as irrational as it sounds, I'm not sure how comfortable I am using a chain.

i use a crooks & partners
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4317
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by bunnymad! Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:46 pm

Thanks everyone for your replies. Yes you are right, Vets4Pets used to be brilliant, that's where we used to go and Caroline and Scott Munroe were superb rabbit vets. Unfortunately they are no longer there, and the woman we saw yesterday was really awful, I wouldn't trust her to clip a rabbit's toenails, nevermind treat a sick animal. Of course I cannot speak for the other new vets (Tim and Alastair, I think) who might be fine. But I would not recommend anyone to take their bunny to the woman there, not only was she clueless but we did not like her manner either.

I would not normally want to post criticisms about people, but when your rabbit is ill you need to know that he/she is in competent hands. I only want to save other people from the worrying experience we had.

bunnymad!
New Hopper
New Hopper

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2011-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:48 pm

Its a common problem. Hmmm
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down