Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

snow here, my babys are cold

3 posters

Go down

snow here, my babys are cold Empty snow here, my babys are cold

Post by dizzylynn Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:33 am

Thats the snow reached us, as soon as I got up this morning the 1st thing I done was check on the bunnies, charlie is fine, his house is nice and cosey he was happy to see me but he wasnt cold. The babys on the other hand felt really cold to me, there in a big blue plastic cage in the shed, its limited for space I put a shoe box in and filled it with hay which I clear out daily, but there still to cold for my liking, there wee ears were freezing, I have a box one of the xmas decorations came in its a rectangle so Ive cut the end off it and left it enclused, filled it with that bedding (carefresh) hopefully that will be better for them really worried about them. They have their winter coats but still paranoid its not enough. They were slower in coming to me this morning, normally they rush to see who is coming to see them, I had them in my arms for a good 15 mins, they were snuggled into my house coat. Is there anything you can suggest to do to help keep them warmer as its going to get colder tonight.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3191
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Back to top Go down

snow here, my babys are cold Empty Re: snow here, my babys are cold

Post by Guest Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:05 pm

You can cover the cage on 3 sides with blankets or a duvet. Straw is warmer than hay so you can use it as an under layer of bedding with hay on top. If you don't have a snugglesafe you can use a hot water bottle really well wrapped up so it is chew proof.

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:03 pm

I am going to order 2 snuggle safe pads online (cheaper than pets at home) I have some old blankets will put round the cage, its a plastic cage with the wire lid so they wont get to it as they cant really reach yet. Not long till they do, ive put the carboard box/big tube in the now with the bedding packed in, its not wide enough for them to both lie side by side but its long so they can still snuggle in just at an angle, till I find a slightly bigger box or there house comes and hubby builds it, I have a spare cage so split them up once its built so be more room each however they are going to be lonely to start with.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fall3n-ang3l Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:28 pm

today,ive put in a plastic carrier and filled it with hay,also i bought a snugglesafe from amazon (buy them from there,nearly £10 than p@h so i will be putting that in tonight,ive also got one for the piggies but ordered another 3 last fri,so all my animals have there own
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4317
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruffin Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:47 pm

[b]My whimps have heaters in there huts and lights to think of it supose that thermal underwear for them all would be cheaper Smile
Ruffin
Ruffin
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1122
Registration date : 2010-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:53 pm

I have just rebedded the piggies in preparation for a colder night. They now have straw packed all around their little house inside their house and a new layer of readigrass on top of their megazorb then a thin layer of hay on top and more hay in the little house. They got so excited whilst I was doing it. I do love piggies they are such funny little animals.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruffin Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:01 pm

[b]My Daisy the GP is very funny I think its the little legs and the waddle they do by the way I love that pic with hat on Very Happy
Ruffin
Ruffin
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1122
Registration date : 2010-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by fall3n-ang3l Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:45 pm

cheryl'n'bruce'flo wrote:I have just rebedded the piggies in preparation for a colder night. They now have straw packed all around their little house inside their house and a new layer of readigrass on top of their megazorb then a thin layer of hay on top and more hay in the little house. They got so excited whilst I was doing it. I do love piggies they are such funny little animals.

i agree,i was cleaning them all out today,and i put the piggies in the kitchen while i clean them out,i was putting the hay in the cage and they could hear the rustle of the bag,all i could hear,was Rubee at the top of her lungs wheeking at me and she was walking towards the door,then she started wheeking again when she heard the food going in to the food bowl,everytime i hear the noise,always makes me smile and laugh Love
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4317
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:12 pm

My baby's come rushing to us when we open the shed door, only time they didnt was this morning, probs said to themself aint moving to cold Sad
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down