Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thumper, my Bubba

+28
c.bolduan
iiisecondcreep
Big Ears
Amelia66
fiver
marleyNfriends
FluffSlave
SarahJane
Jodie
JoeyBunsMum
gentl
fall3n-ang3l
Dotdot
jolovesbunnies
Josephine
Josie
Yodaphine
Velvet.Tears
NickieM
woodwench
FarplaceRescue
lizzi_b
KatieB
Lil & Ron's Mum
Sparky
Tuckerbunnies
icedancer
Thumper2001
32 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Thumper, my Bubba - Page 2 Empty Re: Thumper, my Bubba

Post by icedancer Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:22 pm

I've only just seen the Thumper Christmas and New Year posts, I don't come on this part very often as I always end up in tears.

I love the photo of her having breakfast in bed.

Her and Pud would've had a great Christmas and New Year party together, along with all the other HH bunnies.

Hugs
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:58 pm

I normally write to to you in the candles section, but there's not enough room in there for what I want to say to you today.

I want you to know that I am not looking to replace you Bubba. Like I said in my first post in this thread, you were one in a million, I wouldn't want to replace you anyway. There will ALWAYS be a special place for you in my heart.

It's just, losing you was even harder than I thought it was going to be and I never thought that would be possible. I dreaded this time for years, you were my universe, my be all and end all and I'm totally lost without you. I feel like I have no reason to get up in the morning.

I saw a shooting star on Friday night and my first instinct was to wish for you back but I know that's not possible, so instead I just made a wish for you to be happy.

I don't yet know if these more bunny thoughts are just me trying to cling on to you. I don't even know what I'm thinking anymore.

I wish you could let me know that you understand and that you would be ok with me taking more bunnies into your home. Maybe Vix is right in what she said last night, that getting more bunnies would be testament to just how much I love you.

I'm not naive, I know more bunnies won't take this pain away, but I'm so lost and lonely without you that I don't know what I'm doing and I don't know who I am any more, I've never known being home alone until now and being here without you makes me so sad. Before you left, I was here to look after you. What do I have now?

Maybe more bunnies would help scrape me off the floor, I don't know.

But what I do know is, these would be two bunnies and not a little hoomin stuck in a bunny body like you were Love

If I do go ahead with it, I just hope you would understand because I will always love you and I will always miss you and cry for you, more bunnies or not.

I wish you were here to give me a hug Sad

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by Thumper2001 on Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:01 pm

Hugs Hugs
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:37 pm

Hugs I cried when I read that
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5578
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:13 pm

Hugs Hugs Hugs
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:28 pm

Oh honey sending you hugs x x x x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:04 pm

Oh Thumper2001 Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyBunsMum Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:30 pm

Hugs Hugs

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2784
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:14 pm

It's taken me all this time to be able to read this and look at the pictures of your Thumper. Maybe it's because our precious bunns share the same name. But I think it is more that. I've gotten to know you and your Thumper on this website. Seeing how much love the two of you shared was conveyed in such a personal and loving manner.

Your Thumper is hopping and doing binkys with my Lady and Trooper. We'll get to see them again
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:07 pm

Thank you for your kind words Gentl.

I'm so glad that I found HH because here I can say exactly what I want to her. I don't know what I would have done without this place and you guys over the last few months.

I loved her like I've never loved anything else before and never will again. I had my eyes opened when I lost her and nothing is ever going to be the same again. As morbid as this sounds, I can't wait until the day I see her again.
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyBunsMum Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:54 pm

Thumper2001 wrote:Thank you for your kind words Gentl.

I'm so glad that I found HH because here I can say exactly what I want to her. I don't know what I would have done without this place and you guys over the last few months.

I loved her like I've never loved anything else before and never will again. I had my eyes opened when I lost her and nothing is ever going to be the same again. As morbid as this sounds, I can't wait until the day I see her again.

I don't think it's morbid, I think in a way it's a comforting thought. I've thought the very same thing. Hugs

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:06 pm

JoeyBunsMum wrote:

I don't think it's morbid, I think in a way it's a comforting thought. I've thought the very same thing. Hugs
Thank you. It's good to know I'm not the only one that thinks like that.

I just re-read what I'd written and realised I said "loved her" Past tense Crying or Very sad Of course, I still love her. As much as ever. I'm all muddled with trying to stop talking about her like she's still here Hmmm

Sorry Bubba Sad I'll always love you.
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:52 pm

Thumper2001 wrote:
JoeyBunsMum wrote:

Thank you. It's good to know I'm not the only one that thinks like that.

I just re-read what I'd written and realised I said "loved her" Past tense Crying or Very sad Of course, I still love her. As much as ever. I'm all muddled with trying to stop talking about her like she's still here Hmmm

Sorry Bubba Sad I'll always love you.

I'm the same Thumper2001 Hugs Hugs

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:42 pm

It was the 2nd of June last year that things began to fall apart.

I only took you to the vet for a vaccination. He was checking you over and found a tumour. At first he thought it might have just been your leg, because you were standing funny, but he checked again and it was definitely a tumour Crying or Very sad

I was stunned. It was so unexpected and I couldn't think straight Crying or Very sad

I wasn't even living with you at the time. We were between houses so you were living at Nanny's while I was living in town. I took you back to Nanny's and went upstairs. I heard OH telling Nanny what the vet had said but she wouldn't believe him.

I locked myself in the bathroom and cried!! I just couldn't believe what had happened and that I had to leave you and go back into town Crying or Very sad

I knew it wasn't possible, but I wanted you to live forever. You were an extension of me. We are supposed to be together.

I think about you every single day Bubba, and look at pictures of you just as often. I don't let myself watch the videos too often, 25 weeks on it still hurts too much. I think it always will.

Sometimes I still can't get my head round you being gone. If there was anything I could do to bring you back, I would make it happen. In a blink.

I hope you are having fun where you are now, and that you know I love you Bubba Thumper, my Bubba - Page 2 Heartpump I miss you more than I can put into words.

I can't wait until the day we meet again Crying or Very sad

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:50 pm

Sending love hun. x x x x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:01 pm

Me too Hugs Hugs Hugs

And I'd love to see more pics of Thumper and hear more stories, whenever you feel able to share them Smile
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:02 pm

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Hugs Hugs Hugs

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jodie Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:04 pm

Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs

Thumper is a special friend who is always by your side, in this world and the next.
Jodie
Jodie
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2011-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:17 pm

Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyBunsMum Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:26 pm

Bubba will always be with you Hugs Hugs

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:28 pm

It's one year ago today since we got the keys to our home, and six months today since you left.

I will forever be in your debt for us having this beautiful house. As you know, I'm a bit of a lazy sod and it was only the thought of you dying before we moved into a forever home that made me pull my finger out.

I looked at you sound asleep in the flat one day and I panicked that one day you would fall asleep there and not wake up. From that moment, I couldn't get that thought out of my head and it upset me to think we'd move one day and not take you with us. So in January 2011, we went to see the sales team up here and paid the deposit.

From that moment, I would regularly tell you that we were moving house and that you had to hold on for us. Losing you broke my heart, and I will never be the same person I used to be, I've lost a part of myself, but it would have killed me if I'd had to move into a new home without you.

In a cruel twists of fate, your tumour was found a few days after we moved out of the flat, while you were living at Nanny's.

I am grateful for every moment we had together, I have sooo many happy, funny memories of you and more pictures and videos than people would believe!! (You know me Bubba, I even have it all backed up on a hard drive that lives at Nanny's!!)

There were so many things about you that made you you, I loved your little quirks. Like how you were petrified of spiders, and how you hated the smell of mouthwash!!Thumper, my Bubba - Page 2 Heartpump I miss our games of tug of war over your food scoop. You grabbing it with your teeth and refusing to let go would make me laugh so much Laughing

I miss you so much, my little soul bun, and your blankie misses you too. I used to sleep in your room on a Friday night, but now I sleep with your blankie instead.

I can't get my head around it being a whole 6 months since you left. Some days, I miss you so much that I want to scream!!! Other days I think I'm not too bad, and then before I know it, my eyes are filled with tears. You are never far from my thoughts. How could you be? We had almost 11 awesome years together. I wish I could hold you again. Just one more hug. But I know if that was possible, I'd never be able to let you go again.

A part of me left this world when you did. I hope you are keeping it safe, because I'm going to want you to personally give it back to me one day, then everything will be like it used to be.

Some really old pics of you from when we lived at Nanny's. It was 5 years ago on Friday since we got the keys to our flat, so these are very old!!
Thumper, my Bubba - Page 2 9540bb29

Thumper, my Bubba - Page 2 54ccb340

Thumper, my Bubba - Page 2 2fe3de8a

Thumper, my Bubba - Page 2 D65f8c27

You and me. Many moons ago Embarassed
Thumper, my Bubba - Page 2 067b50ad

I love you sweetheart and I always will, more than words can say.

Mummy xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jodie Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:50 pm

Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs

I only got to spend eighteen months with my precious Harley but, in your words, he was my 'soul bun' and I just can't bear the thought of having to live my life without him. I actually felt my heart break when he left. I can't even describe our bond in words..

What I am trying to say is I can understand how you feel.. and you're not alone in your grief. I can't wait until I get to see Harley again, too. Hugs
Jodie
Jodie
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2011-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:32 pm

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Thinking of you and sending lots and lots of hugs xxxxxxx

Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:48 pm

Jodie wrote: Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs

I only got to spend eighteen months with my precious Harley but, in your words, he was my 'soul bun' and I just can't bear the thought of having to live my life without him. I actually felt my heart break when he left. I can't even describe our bond in words..

What I am trying to say is I can understand how you feel.. and you're not alone in your grief. I can't wait until I get to see Harley again, too. Hugs
It sucks, doesn't it? Huge Hugs for you too, I know how you feel about your Harley Hugs

Tuckerbunnies wrote: Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Thinking of you and sending lots and lots of hugs xxxxxxx

Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs

Thanks Maysie Hugs
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyBunsMum Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:36 pm

That made me well up Crying or Very sad

Some days you just can't compute why they're not there, you want to stroke them and kiss them. You want to scream because you can't.

Thumper will be looking after that part of you, and one day you will be reunited with both Hugs Hugs

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum: