Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dental emergency - Update Saturday 3:15pm

+10
Dotdot
Father Jack
Sparky
Thumper2001
icedancer
Felix&Willow
Tuckerbunnies
lizzi_b
KatieB
FarplaceRescue
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Dental emergency - Update Saturday 3:15pm - Page 3 Empty Re: Dental emergency - Update Saturday 3:15pm

Post by FarplaceRescue Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:47 pm

Just noticed today that Spain has at least one front tooth re-growing. It's tiny at the moment, and not causing problems, but it is growing crooked again.
Need to keep an eye in him.

Problem is that no-one wants a dental bun, and I would be reluctant to rehome a known dental bun, unless the new owner knew the entire score.
Spain may be here for life...... can I dare to fall for his charms?
And of course, his little girl Poppy will have to stay too - but she is so manically scared of everything she would have been hard to home too.

My main problem (if I keep them) is that I can't have them as house bunnies. I have dogs and cats who may be a hazard to a free-hopping bunny.

And now the barn has collapsed, I can't afford my state-of-the-art rabbit barn this year.

So for now they need to stay penned in not-nearly big enough accommodation.

They have first-rate health care, good diet, lots of toys etc... and their life if way way better than it used to be. but it's not nearly good enough.

Do i take them off my website as Available to Rehome? And keep them here as my personal friends?

Or do I leave them on the website, with the hope that someone will want to take on a problem duo?

FarplaceRescue
FarplaceRescue
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 585
Registration date : 2011-08-16

http://www.farplace.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Dental emergency - Update Saturday 3:15pm - Page 3 Empty Re: Dental emergency - Update Saturday 3:15pm

Post by Sparky Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:06 pm

Could you offer them as fosters and help pay for Spain's vet bills? You might be more likely to find someone who could take them on, and someone who could help to build Poppy's confidence too - an experienced household with no children (or older children) would be best I guess...
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by FarplaceRescue Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:50 pm

Thats a really good idea Sparky. I don't have the best facilities for bunnies, so a permanant foster home would be ideal.
I have no problems paying for vet fees and food for them.
Just want an experienced Hu-mun who will bring out the best in them.
FarplaceRescue
FarplaceRescue
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 585
Registration date : 2011-08-16

http://www.farplace.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:27 am

Great idea Sparky Thumbs Up
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:38 am

Or indeed leave Spain on the rehoming section but state that the rescue id prepared to pay for his Dental care and related illness for life. I think it is fair to ask adopters to pay for general ongoing care such as immunisation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:53 am

I think if you keep them they will have to have bigger accommadation and a play pen they can't live out their days in puppy pens so I think if you could find a fosterer it would be brilliant, if we had the space we would have them no problem but we are now full as Murphy and Rosie are not making life any easier as we now have one bun without a hutch and play pen Rolling Eyes

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by Father Jack Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:19 pm

It's a shame our bunny garden is in such upheaval at the moment, otherwise I'm sure we could have persuaded hudad into adoption. It's humum that would have been more difficult though Laughing

If they are still available in a couple of months, we gang up on them and persuade them Dental emergency - Update Saturday 3:15pm - Page 3 Icon_batterup
Father Jack
Father Jack
Forum Ambassador

Number of posts : 1639
Registration date : 2011-08-08

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:53 pm

That really is a great idea Sparky, I so wish I could help. I will admit, I couldn't afford to take on a bun with dental problems, if I could I would be only too pleased to give her a home.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2