Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Morning In The Life Of Dougal The Rabbit

+6
JoeyBunsMum
Sparky
Tuckerbunnies
NickieM
fall3n-ang3l
icedancer
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

A Morning In The Life Of Dougal The Rabbit - Page 1 Empty Re: A Morning In The Life Of Dougal The Rabbit

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:26 pm

icedancer wrote:And do a pee on the rug No

This is were washable mats come in handy or puppy training pads Smile

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

A Morning In The Life Of Dougal The Rabbit - Page 1 Empty Re: A Morning In The Life Of Dougal The Rabbit

Post by JoeyBunsMum Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:46 pm

Tuckerbunnies wrote:

I don't suppose you have a link for said items, Maysie?

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2784
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:54 pm

1:30pm after a drink and wee on the rug, back to sleepies

A Morning In The Life Of Dougal The Rabbit - Page 1 P1020171

icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:21 pm

JoeyBunsMum wrote:
Tuckerbunnies wrote:

I don't suppose you have a link for said items, Maysie?

The training pads we use are these

A Morning In The Life Of Dougal The Rabbit - Page 1 4-2-12003

A Morning In The Life Of Dougal The Rabbit - Page 1 4-2-12004

and a waterproof side.

A Morning In The Life Of Dougal The Rabbit - Page 1 4-2-12005

The washable mats and runners we buy from all over the place if they are reasonably priced
we buy these a lot in the link below for the play pens from Tesco and they wash brilliant, are not a bad size
and a good price .

http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.200-7798.aspx

We also buy washable mats from Morrisons as well but they don't always have them in.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:05 pm

Oh he is a beautiful boy, so very very handsome. Its good that he feels so relaxed x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:09 pm

I notice he is sleeping on the bare bottom of the cage and wonder if he is a bit too warm. It might be that is why he is so sleepy and is losing a lot of fur. Maybe once he has adjusted to the temperature and new environment, he will be a bit livelier.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:10 pm

is it just today that he has been like this hun??
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:11 pm

I wondered about the heat thing too - he has moved in from outdoors he may just take a while to adjust to a warmer environment.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:12 pm

You could try giving them a frozen bottle of water and see if he wants to lie near it.

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:43 pm

It's the first time I've noticed he is sleepy, but he hasn't been ovely lively since he's moved in. There haven't been any binkies or bunny 500s. He stays in the cage a lot, whereas Florence does hop about. In the bottom of the cage is two trays, which I use for litter trays, which have wood shavings in (until I use up the massive bale) and shredded paper. But he does tend to dig them out of the way and sit on the trays. He also drinks a lot, so maybe he is too warm. Thanks for that guys!

There is a fan heater a bit near their house/pen (we don't have central heating) but I have just turned it off. I'll freeze a bottle for him now, or I could bring him in some snow!!!!
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by lizzi_b Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:22 pm

ahh bless him!! i just want to kiss his lickle mowf!! Love
lizzi_b
lizzi_b
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2011-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:25 pm

Is it mean to admit that I put the lint roller on him earlier Embarassed His fur is just so thick I thought I would see what happened. He actually didn't mind though.

There is now a bottle in the freezer, so hopefully that'll be frozen by when I go to bed.

I feel really bad now! I've been frying him Embarassed Crying or Very sad
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:39 pm

I have a round bristle (human) brush I use on Flo. It does a really good job of removing moulting short bun hair quite quickly. I would recommend you get brushing - hopefully it will increase your bond with him as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:50 pm

I've been brushing him a bit, but he gets bored after a while!! Although I have been doing it to him in the cage. I might pick him up and do it. I've got a soft brush and a slicker one. If I pick him up I can check him out too, I'm getting a bit worried about him now.
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:52 pm

I remember Gloria coming into the house when she was recovering from ops and she would dig up all the bedding and flop onto the bare floor. I am sure he will be fine as long as he has lots to drink and it won't be long before he adjusts to the temperature. xx
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:58 pm

You know the deal - he has had a stressful time. If you are worried put in some probiotic, get in the iced bottle as it will just help lower the ambient temperature in their cage area. Make sure he has enough water. Make sure he is pooing and eating ok. I would also consider covering the cage with a towel or blanket so he can hide from you if he chooses.

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:59 pm

It's Saturday! Super Bowl Weekend! Perhaps he is just resting up for the big game tomorrow. He looks like a Defensive End. Solid and close to the ground.

Was he active during the night? His sleep/wake cycle may not yet be tuned to your household?

Note to Dougal--You stay well. Your a husbun now and that is a big responsibility. Taking care of Florence I imagine is a full time job!
a nose rub for luck!
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:20 pm

I just had him out and got three brushfulls out of him before he got bored and started looking for Florence. His coat is starting to feel thinner now, yay! I got a thump when I put him back though, he isn't shy about thumping at you!! This morning one of them shut the play pen door so they couldn't get back in the house and he thumped to let us know!!

He is pooing for England, and there was definitely one wee today (on the rug No) He is drinking plenty, and there is always Pro-C in it.

He ate breakie this morning, and wolfed some tonight parsley, but hasn't shown much interest in the evening veggies. He has eaten some though, typically all of the carrot has gone (when doesn't it), and I think he's had hay, a lot of hay went overnight.

He's now laying down again, I've just been putting everything down to shyness, but now I'm not so sure.

I'm tempted to put them both out in the hallway for a run about. If nothing else I can see if he does actually move!!! I want to see a binky!
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by lizzi_b Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:22 pm

Don't feel bad, When I had Buttons in one of those indoor cages he hated any bedding, he always dug it away to lay on the plastic, so I just gave up on bedding!! which also saved me loads of money!! I now just have a towel on top of the lino floor in Buttons' cage, and sometimes he still pushes that away to just lay on the bare lino!! He's been indoors for 8months now, and so I don't think its a temperature thing, he just loves smooth surfaces!! We have a magazine which stays permanently in front of the TV, because he likes rolling and sleeping on it! ... maybe Dougal is the same!
lizzi_b
lizzi_b
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2011-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:25 pm

When he refused to move at first I wondered if it was because he used to live in a small hutch and wasn't used to the space. The rescue did call him lazy, so maybe he just can't be bothered to play!!!

Maybe it's a boy thing and shiny things!!!

I'm going to be brave and put them together in the hallway, wish me luck!
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:32 pm

It's not so much a boy thing - Bruce is quite active and always has been - however the thumping is a boy thing. t more likely a shy thing. Buns take quite a while to settle properly. He won't binky until he is really happy which might take 6 months! He needs lots of time to get used to you and hubby and to the way your house functions. It has to be all about baby steps and allowing him to make the transitions from one place to another in his time. You can't rush this stuff!

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:47 pm

Florence is enjoying herself...Dougal is just sat washing Laughing Laughing

I've been laying down with them, and he nearly came over. I think I was just so lucky with Florence, as she was confident and boulshy from the start. But with Dougal, he has been pushed from pillar to post just recently.

Makes him all the more special though Love
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia66 Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:52 pm

My advice would be let him settle in his pen it may take a few days or even weeks. Sounds to me hes more a shy bun, like Marshall is. It took him ages with his litter tray and to become used to me, and even now he is not all that fond of new people and wont go beyond the boundary of my room [he even hates being near the door if its open] It may just take Dougal more time than it did Florence. I know my bf's rabbit was confidant from the start, exploring people and places as soon as he could get to them, and he fights you to slip between your feet and out the door to hide somewhere you cant get him Laughing

Just don't fret with him and try not to rush things, he will get there in his own time Very Happy
Amelia66
Amelia66
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2011-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:42 pm

I just had a semi binky Happy Dance Back legs went a little bit. But he is still washing. I'm starting to wonder if he's got OCD!!!!

Since turning off the fan heater he has ventured out, but I don't know if that's because of the temperature or because it's now his play time. I did get a lot of fur off of him during his brushing session too.

He is so adorable, I would just like to know that he is happy
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:33 pm

Aww, he put his head down for me to stroke just now Love Florence also joined me.

She did just ignore him when he asked again though Laughing
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next