Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sulking 'Weekend' Bunny.... advice needed please

4 posters

Go down

Sulking 'Weekend' Bunny.... advice needed please Empty Sulking 'Weekend' Bunny.... advice needed please

Post by Honey61 Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:38 pm

It must be the weekend... Roo is sulking in his cage Sad
During the week he is fine, but at the weekend he can't follow us about in & out of the garden/garage, so he sits & mopes.
The problem is that he loves to go in the big garden, but can only do that before Tigger & Eeyore get up & whilst they are confined to the playhouse for their tea. For the remainder of the day he only has access to his garden (10m x 3m) whilst Tigger & Eeyore have their own garden.

It seems such a shame that whilst T & E snooze the day away, usually behind the playhouse, Roo is unable to use the big garden. (Roo & Tigger are brothers, but they fell out & had to be seperated. Roo was the instigator, but ended up as the injured party and became a housebun. Tigger is now happily married.)

They have actually met (by accident) at the boundary fence. Tails up, much chasing up & down their respective sides until Tigger got bored & laid down. Roo on the otherhand wouldn't leave it at that & started chatting up Eeyore, Tigger got cross, told Eeyore off, chasing began again, I stepped in, Roo bit me... O/H now makes sure he closes the door properly Rolling Eyes

So in my roundabout way, what I am wondering is... Is there any hope that Roo & Tigger will learn to tolerate each other (fence in between), without causing upset between T & E? If so, any recommendations about how to get them to that stage?

Advice & thoughts would be appreciated Very Happy

ps sorry for long post!
Honey61
Honey61
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2008-08-04

Back to top Go down

Sulking 'Weekend' Bunny.... advice needed please Empty Re: Sulking 'Weekend' Bunny.... advice needed please

Post by Catsknickers Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:45 pm

They should do, I have this problem in my garden in that exercise time is shared. However through wire, after a few days, the buns learn to tolerate one another very well.
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Sulking 'Weekend' Bunny.... advice needed please Empty Re: Sulking 'Weekend' Bunny.... advice needed please

Post by Happy Hoppers Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:58 pm

They can learn to tolerate each other but I would say now is the wrong time of year to try and teach them, even in neutered bunnies hormones still fly during the peak breeding season.

Far better to wait until later on in the Autumn when they will be less defensive.

What kind of fence seperates them? Mine are usually OK if they cannot actually see each other even if they are then side by side.
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://happyhoppers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Honey61 Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:07 pm

It's a post & rail with mesh.

They can see each other from their respective gardens & to be honest Tigger doesn't seem overly bothered by Roo after the first 10 mins or so. I'm more concerned about not upsetting the balance between him & Eeyore.
Honey61
Honey61
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2008-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Babybunnies4 Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:25 am

Can you not put something there so they can't see each other, mine are more bothered by the sight of the other bun than anything else.
Babybunnies4
Babybunnies4
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1053
Registration date : 2008-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down