Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guess who is coming to live with me!

+9
JoeyBunsMum
Ruffin
KatieB
Happy Hoppers
icedancer
Sparky
Tuckerbunnies
Thumper2001
NickieM
13 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Guess who is coming to live with me! - Page 1 Empty Re: Guess who is coming to live with me!

Post by NickieM Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:34 pm

I am absolutely going to keep his name. I just love it. (My son said, 'What Dave? Like the TV channel!')

I had spotted him but then saw that Thumper2001 was interested, so didn't say anything. When she seemed to reconsider, I PMd her to ask if she minded after I posted on her thread. Having met him, she realised he is too insane to be an indoors bunny although she has visitation rights. Laughing

I plan to get a girl bun for him once he's over his operation. (Don't want any more mini-Daves!). The two girl buns at the Centre are too much like him so I might wait until his old mate is recovered from her babies and see if that is a plan.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Guess who is coming to live with me! - Page 1 Empty Re: Guess who is coming to live with me!

Post by KatieB Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:49 pm

Oh my god that is the best news! Like you all I fell a little in love with Dave!

Brilliant brilliant brilliant news. X
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruffin Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:51 pm

[b]not been on for a while who's Dave Smile
Ruffin
Ruffin
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1122
Registration date : 2010-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:01 pm

Ruffin wrote:[b]not been on for a while who's Dave Smile
This is Dave

http://www.scottishspca.org/rehoming/animal/7512_dave

He is at the SSPCA centre in Aberdeenshire. He and his mate had babies and they are also at the centre but are too young for rehoming just now. I have provisionally reserved two of them but I'm not 100% sure if I'm going to take them. I have 3 weeks to think about it Smile
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruffin Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:06 pm

[b]Just looked he lovely and a lucky boy whats the problem with the two liitle bunns if you dont mind me asking Smile
Ruffin
Ruffin
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:15 pm

Ruffin wrote:[b]Just looked he lovely and a lucky boy whats the problem with the two liitle bunns if you dont mind me asking Smile
I don't know to be honest. It's only been 9 weeks since I lost Thumper and I'm not sure if I'm ready to take them on. I don't know that I'll ever be ready to take more bunnies on. I've been round the houses thinking about it and I'm driving myself (and everyone on here!) mad with it.

If I can't have Thumper, I'm not sure I want anybun Sad
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:20 pm

But they are mini-Daves! Laughing
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyBunsMum Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:23 pm

DAVE!!! Oooh, what wonderful news! So excited he will become a Hopper Happy Dance Happy Dance Guess who is coming to live with me! - Page 1 Bunnyd13 Guess who is coming to live with me! - Page 1 Bunnyd13Guess who is coming to live with me! - Page 1 Bunnyd13

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2784
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruffin Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:26 pm

[b]I know exactly what you meen when my Jake passed away he was my first bunn and my Bunny sole mate we had him from him being very young he followed me everywhere I vowed I would never have any more as it cut me up so much. Then my daughter pointed out Ruffin and I was just the same after long debates with myself I came to the conclusion that Ruffin needed a bit of luck in her life as up till then she haddn't now I know it was the rite decision. We are all different and greave in different ways and it is very hard when any pet passes away. I am sure you havent been driving anyone on here mad as I like to think that we all understand. Good look with whatever you decide Smile
Ruffin
Ruffin
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:28 pm

I just had this hunch a few days ago that you'd take him Nickie, I'm so happy & what a brilliant outcome cheers Don't you dare change his name Laughing

I bet he has no idea of how much wanted him to become a Hopper - A new star I think. Congrats Very Happy

Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:30 pm

There is no way his name is changing! I thought it was a fabulous choice - after having a rabbit called Wolfgang, I have standards to maintain!
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:32 pm

NickieM wrote:But they are mini-Daves! Laughing
So they're gona have at least a bit of his loony gene Wink Laughing

Gawd, I hope Saacha has a mellower gene to cancel it out a bit Laughing

Ruffin wrote:[b]I know exactly what you meen when my Jake passed away he was my first bunn and my Bunny sole mate we had him from him being very young he followed me everywhere I vowed I would never have any more as it cut me up so much. Then my daughter pointed out Ruffin and I was just the same after long debates with myself I came to the conclusion that Ruffin needed a bit of luck in her life as up till then she haddn't now I know it was the rite decision. We are all different and greave in different ways and it is very hard when any pet passes away. I am sure you havent been driving anyone on here mad as I like to think that we all understand. Good look with whatever you decide Smile
Thank you for sharing that Smile It's good to know you managed to move forward with no regrets. I only hope I can come to a decision some day soon. The war in my head is getting pretty boring Sleep
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:46 pm

Are you not having 'Po' Nickie as she is gorgeous Smile

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:13 pm

I did ask them about Po and Thumper, but the lady at the centre said 'they were a pair of minxes' and that they proposed to rehome them as single buns.

I gather that Dave is totally insane and is a real live wire so a quieter doe will be required. Laughing I am toying with the idea of seeing how his previous partner, Sasha, is when the babies go.

NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:16 pm

I hope it's not a litter of 4 boys or you might have a fight for Saacha on your hands Wink Laughing

If I go for any of course.... Smile
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:19 pm

You get first dabs on Mrs Dave! Laughing Laughing I am very happy to just have his Daveness.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:28 pm

NickieM wrote:You get first dabs on Mrs Dave! Laughing Laughing I am very happy to just have his Daveness.
Laughing Laughing Laughing
Thanks! Although, it would be such a happy ending to their story if they end up back together Very Happy

(And I get 2 of the babies. Now all we need to do is find someone to take the other two Laughing One big hopper family!)
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:30 pm

Who else lives in Scotland who can have the other two baby Daves?!

Thumper, are you going to do Dave for child maintenace for them? Laughing
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:32 pm

icedancer wrote:
Ha! I never thought of that! Nickie, where do I send the invoice? Wink
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:37 pm

NickieM wrote:I did ask them about Po and Thumper, but the lady at the centre said 'they were a pair of minxes'
Sounds like exactly your sort of bun Wink

Thumper2001 wrote:
icedancer wrote:
Ha! I never thought of that! Nickie, where do I send the invoice? Wink
Laughing
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:49 pm

I am very pleased to hear this - I had also realised this was in the offing, I didn't think Thumper2001 would object to Nickie taking him. I am very glad to have another loopy long eared agouti on the forum - I will be very impressed if he can outdo Flo in the loony stakes! I am also hoping that Saacha can join him. In the pics her babes look large enough to be leaving her soon.

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:19 am

Oh, this wonderful news! Dave is one incredibly lucky bunny! Enjoy him!
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:35 pm

cheryl'n'bruce'flo wrote:I am very pleased to hear this - I had also realised this was in the offing, I didn't think Thumper2001 would object to Nickie taking him. I am very glad to have another loopy long eared agouti on the forum - I will be very impressed if he can outdo Flo in the loony stakes! I am also hoping that Saacha can join him. In the pics her babes look large enough to be leaving her soon.
They are 5 weeks old Cheryl, I'm not sure how old they should be when they leave mum scratch
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:38 pm

If my Mum is anything to go by, she will be thoroughly fed up with them by 8 weeks Embarassed

Then they need to move on to learning how to annoy humans instead Very Happy
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruffin Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:40 pm

[b]Is that anouther award you won Sparky Laughing
Ruffin
Ruffin
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next