Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cage/Litter training problems - Parents are getting sick now

4 posters

Go down

Cage/Litter training problems - Parents are getting sick now Empty Cage/Litter training problems - Parents are getting sick now

Post by marleyNfriends Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:09 pm

Maggie is now starting to cause some tension between my parents and I. Shes living in the conservatory, and i promised id keep her clean, which was fine when she was outside, she was pretty well litter trained, but now shes indoors im having a real struggle. She pees all over the place. She has a 6ft pen and every day 2 3rds of it are covered in urine! HBWS If it was a normal cage, it wouldnt be such a problem, but its so difficult shuffling a huge pen around while i try and change the fleece and protect my parents floor at the same time.

I dont know what to do anymore. If i had a cage with a base, it wouldnt be such a problem as i could just clean the base each day. I cant really afford to go out and buy a ferplast 140 as shes only going to be here about 6 weeks MAX. Mum has a friend coming to stay for a few days at the end of the week too, and doesnt want to see poo and pee all over on a morning and a night. I really dont know what else to do. My friend has a ferplast 80, but i cant put her in that. What can i do? confused
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Cage/Litter training problems - Parents are getting sick now Empty Re: Cage/Litter training problems - Parents are getting sick now

Post by Guest Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:10 pm

Can she not go to her new home sooner?

Back to top Go down

Cage/Litter training problems - Parents are getting sick now Empty Re: Cage/Litter training problems - Parents are getting sick now

Post by marleyNfriends Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:12 pm

She cant be bonded yet as she was only spayed a week ago, and obviously her hormones need to settle first. I cant start palming her off on her potential new home because shes peeing everywhere, thats not right.
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:21 pm

I don't think it is palming her off. And I think many rescues would be happy to send her to a new home having just been spayed. For bonding the new owner should be prepared to keep the buns separately anyway so they should be able to take her now. It is not palming her off.

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:23 pm

If Maggie doesnt get on with Fiver (the potential hisbun) then she wont be staying there, so if she takes her, she could well end up coming back anyway.
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Hoppers Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:02 pm

Could you get a cheap off cut of lino and use that clipped up at the edges against the cage, you could just sweep & mop it each day then?
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://happyhoppers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:09 pm

I know she prefers to have some space, but maybe she has too much at the moment? I know Icedancer had some issues with litter training when Dougal first came home, and reducing their space sorted that out pretty quickly.

It might also be that Maggie is marking her new territory. Do you think she would cope with being back in the playhouse?
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:06 pm

Sparky wrote:I know she prefers to have some space, but maybe she has too much at the moment? I know Icedancer had some issues with litter training when Dougal first came home, and reducing their space sorted that out pretty quickly.

It might also be that Maggie is marking her new territory. Do you think she would cope with being back in the playhouse?

She really likes watching whats going on in her pen now and has settled really well indoors. Im going to get my friends 4x2.5 dog crate and put a shelf in it. At least until Mums friend has gone. She comes out for free range time, im sure it will be enough for now. Failing that, ill reduce her space and see if that makes any difference. I had considered it, but even in the little tiny dog crate, she did her business wherever she felt like it.
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:41 pm

Mike will have a look in the attic at what size our indoor cages are and if they are big enough for Maggie he can bring one down for you will that be a help Sophia.

We have bunny 100's , we would have had 2 spare 120's but we have Murphy and Rosie in them at the moment side by side.

So would a bunny 100 be ok for a few weeks ?

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:48 pm

Tuckerbunnies wrote:Mike will have a look in the attic at what size our indoor cages are and if they are big enough for Maggie he can bring one down for you will that be a help Sophia.

We have bunny 100's , we would have had 2 spare 120's but we have Murphy and Rosie in them at the moment side by side.

If i pinched my friends 80 and yout 100 do the side panels lift so i can join them? If so, that would be a huge help!!
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:49 pm

marleyNfriends wrote:
Tuckerbunnies wrote:Mike will have a look in the attic at what size our indoor cages are and if they are big enough for Maggie he can bring one down for you will that be a help Sophia.

If i pinched my friends 80 and yout 100 do the side panels lift so i can join them? If so, that would be a huge help!!

What about if we lend you 2 bunny 100's as Mike can take the end panels off for you when he brings them Smile

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:02 pm

Tuckerbunnies wrote:
marleyNfriends wrote:

What about if we lend you 2 bunny 100's as Mike can take the end panels off for you when he brings them Smile
Hugs
Maysie that would be such a massive help! Very Happy
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:02 pm

marleyNfriends wrote:
Tuckerbunnies wrote:
marleyNfriends wrote:

Hugs

When do you want them Mike said he will bring them now if you want.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:11 pm

Tuckerbunnies wrote:
marleyNfriends wrote:
Tuckerbunnies wrote:
marleyNfriends wrote:

Hugs

Not today as i havent even bothered to get dressed today! Embarassed Ive had a dodgey chest for the last few days. Any time tomorrow would be fab though, whenever suits him.
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:16 pm

marleyNfriends wrote:
Tuckerbunnies wrote:
marleyNfriends wrote:
Tuckerbunnies wrote:
marleyNfriends wrote:

Hugs

Not today as i havent even bothered to get dressed today! Embarassed Ive had a dodgey chest for the last few days. Any time tomorrow would be fab though, whenever suits him.

He said tomorrow will be fine is morning ok as he has something on in the afternoon, and he will check if you want the buns scent glands also for you Very Happy

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:19 pm

Tuckerbunnies wrote:
marleyNfriends wrote:
Tuckerbunnies wrote:
marleyNfriends wrote:
Tuckerbunnies wrote:
marleyNfriends wrote:

Hugs

He said tomorrow will be fine is morning ok as he has something on in the afternoon, and he will check if you want the buns scent glands also for you Very Happy

ETA: Posted in the middle of the quote! Im loosing the plot!

... ROFL Im all over the place now. Inbox, thread, inbox, thread! ... Tomorrow mornings great. Just need a text when hes leaving Smile

Last edited by marleyNfriends on Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:22 pm

I'm a bit dizzy now Laughing

Yes he will text you before he set's off I think we have your address from last time somewhere Thumbs Up

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:23 pm

Tuckerbunnies wrote:I'm a bit dizzy now Laughing

Yes he will text you before he set's off I think we have your address from last time somewhere Thumbs Up

hehehee Sorry Maysie!! Thats great Smile Thankyou ever so much.
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:24 pm

marleyNfriends wrote:
Tuckerbunnies wrote:I'm a bit dizzy now Laughing

hehehee Sorry Maysie!! Thats great Smile Thankyou ever so much.

No problem Very Happy

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum