Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ever said no then gone back on it?

+7
KatieB
Sparky
Father Jack
fall3n-ang3l
JoeyBunsMum
icedancer
Thumper2001
11 posters

Go down

Ever said no then gone back on it? - Page 1 Empty Re: Ever said no then gone back on it?

Post by Thumper2001 Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:43 pm

Sparky wrote:Humum says she's quite capable of saying 'NoIwon'thavemorecakethankyouohgoonthenjustalittlebit' without even taking breath Wink
ROFL

What about buns? Has your humum ever said no more then got more?
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Ever said no then gone back on it? - Page 1 Empty Re: Ever said no then gone back on it?

Post by Sparky Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:32 pm

Humum originally said no for ages when Hudad was saying 'Shall we get a rabbit?'

He then changed this to 'Do you mind if I get a rabbit?' to which she also said no so he got one. After a couple of days, Humum said she thought Jack was lonely and they got another rabbit... and the rest is history Laughing

If anything we've had the opposite - the middle litter were going to be rehomed but never were for various reasons.

But we have a quite different experience of buns than you - you had one bunny for a very long time and had an incredibly close bond with her. The Hu-parents have many bunnies and love each of them, and have been devastated over the ones who have died but have always been forced to put the buns first and carry on with the feeds and the cleaning out and the care. They've found that the ones who are left do help to come to terms with the lost ones, although you never stop being sorry that they are gone and wondering what they might have been like now...

Humum reckons once the shed is sorted, we can take on Farplace's Marley - if he does not bond with me, another bun for my husbun then perhaps find Marley a wifebun and, with 14 rabbits, we'll be about at capacity so there won't be any choice about saying 'no more'.
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:05 pm

Sparky wrote:Humum says she's quite capable of saying 'NoIwon'thavemorecakethankyouohgoonthenjustalittlebit' without even taking breath Wink

This happens to me too.....I think its some kind of sugar induced stammer as it also happens with chocolate, biccies...........the list goes on!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:23 pm

Sparky wrote:Humum originally said no for ages when Hudad was saying 'Shall we get a rabbit?'

He then changed this to 'Do you mind if I get a rabbit?' to which she also said no so he got one. After a couple of days, Humum said she thought Jack was lonely and they got another rabbit... and the rest is history Laughing

If anything we've had the opposite - the middle litter were going to be rehomed but never were for various reasons.

But we have a quite different experience of buns than you - you had one bunny for a very long time and had an incredibly close bond with her. The Hu-parents have many bunnies and love each of them, and have been devastated over the ones who have died but have always been forced to put the buns first and carry on with the feeds and the cleaning out and the care. They've found that the ones who are left do help to come to terms with the lost ones, although you never stop being sorry that they are gone and wondering what they might have been like now...

Humum reckons once the shed is sorted, we can take on Farplace's Marley - if he does not bond with me, another bun for my husbun then perhaps find Marley a wifebun and, with 14 rabbits, we'll be about at capacity so there won't be any choice about saying 'no more'.
Thanks for your thoughts Sparky and your humum Very Happy

14 buns! I can only imagine Laughing but good on you guys! I'm twitchy talking about 2 Laughing
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyBunsMum Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:51 pm

Thumper2001 wrote:
cheryl'n'bruce'flo wrote:I said no more piggies a while ago. Then I got down to one pig. Then I relented and said I'd get a friend for her. That didn't work out and I swapped the wrong pig for 3 right ones which quickly has some more so ended up very quickly as a household of 6 piggies. Laughing

I am saying no more now though as I don't think the garden is really capable of supporting both pigs and buns.
Laughing Laughing Laughing That made me laugh!!!

JoeyBunsMum wrote:Always doing it over various things! Wink I think it's ok to do so, times and situations change.
Thumbs Up Woman's prerogative huh? Laughing

Oh yes Laughing Laughing Wink

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2784
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:20 pm

I've said no I won't be getting anymore rabbits and i'm not going back on it, I may have 1 or 2 when it comes to it but not the amount I have now again.
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5578
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:13 am

Maybe you need to take the same approach to change of mind as you do with chocolate. Just get someone to put a couple of rabbits on a table that you an your hubby are sitting at. See whether after about half an hour you cave in and pick them up and take them home.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:26 am

cheryl'n'bruce'flo wrote:Maybe you need to take the same approach to change of mind as you do with chocolate. Just get someone to put a couple of rabbits on a table that you an your hubby are sitting at. See whether after about half an hour you cave in and pick them up and take them home.
Laughing I certainly won't be eating them, that's for sure Wink Laughing
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:39 am

I think if Bertie had lived to be 8-10, I may have said no more, that journey would have been done & complete.

When he died, Paul was adamant there wouldn't be any more, because he was so distraught about it. I just couldn't think about it for ages, but because there had been sooo much development in his last year, I felt so cheated out of the potential to learn and do more, that I almost needed another bunny to complete the journey I couldn't with Bertie.

I'm fairly certian that Paul went along with it to make me happy, but he wouldn't change anything now Smile

we are thinking of moving this year into a small house with garden. I think there will be more, but outdoor ones Wink
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:41 am

Yes after we lost Keegan I can clearly remember saying " That's it no more rabbits for me it hurt's to much when you lose them"

now look I have 23 ROFL

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyBunsMum Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:51 pm

Tuckerbunnies wrote:Yes after we lost Keegan I can clearly remember saying " That's it no more rabbits for me it hurt's to much when you lose them"

now look I have 23 ROFL

That quote didn't really pan out then did it Laughing Wink

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2784
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:40 pm

JoeyBunsMum wrote:
Tuckerbunnies wrote:Yes after we lost Keegan I can clearly remember saying " That's it no more rabbits for me it hurt's to much when you lose them"

now look I have 23 ROFL

That quote didn't really pan out then did it Laughing Wink

It certainly didn't did it Laughing

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:08 pm

No, I have to have bunnies in my life despite knowing the pain pf losing them.

Hugs

Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum