Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thumper2001's silly questions thread :) U/D Wednesday - nibbling!!

+9
icedancer
Dotdot
jolovesbunnies
KatieB
NickieM
fall3n-ang3l
Sparky
Tuckerbunnies
Thumper2001
13 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Thumper2001's silly questions thread :) U/D Wednesday - nibbling!! - Page 1 Empty Re: Thumper2001's silly questions thread :) U/D Wednesday - nibbling!!

Post by KatieB Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:33 pm

Annie and charlie share two litter trays because somebun decided they wanted to poo by the shed door as well as in their large tray. No

I cant see why they wouldnt eat any yummy hay!

Charlie and annie go into the same carrier as they like to snuggle up and they are frightened enough when they are together - I wouldnt have the heart to separate them.
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Thumper2001's silly questions thread :) U/D Wednesday - nibbling!! - Page 1 Empty Re: Thumper2001's silly questions thread :) U/D Wednesday - nibbling!!

Post by Thumper2001 Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:40 pm

Katieb wrote:Annie and charlie share two litter trays because somebun decided they wanted to poo by the shed door as well as in their large tray. No

I cant see why they wouldnt eat any yummy hay!

Charlie and annie go into the same carrier as they like to snuggle up and they are frightened enough when they are together - I wouldnt have the heart to separate them.
Thank you Katie Smile

Laughing @ pooping by the door!!
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:53 pm

Another one for you! Laughing

One water bottle/bowl or two?

I can't get what I had for Thumper Hissy because it came from Hong Kong and will take 25-30 days to get here Hissy

Bit miffed because its really good, free standing bottle with a bowl underneath so she could drink whichever way she preferred Sad
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:19 pm

I have both and they use both. I bought a new bottle for the pigs a while back, it is one of these http://www.amazon.co.uk/Savic-Source-300-Water-Bottles/dp/B0041O5F60/ref=sr_1_16?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1329776040&sr=1-16 and blimmin good it is too! No leaks so far.

I think you need to bear in mind that to a certain extent you should be able to shape these 2 into having good attitudes and behaviours to eating and bottles etc because they are so young. Rather than the ongoing fight you are used to. Give them what they should have and hopefully they will eat and drink properly. You should not need special kit now (fingers crossed).

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:55 pm

Thumper2001 wrote:Another question Very Happy

Those of you with more than one bun... Do you use one carrier for each of them or do you put them in the same one on vet trips etc?

Thanks!

We always take bonded pairs together I never leave one unless one of the buns is having a big Op, like Rosie was and although we took them both we came back with Murphy and left Rosie to have her Op and brought her home alone. Unfortunately it's now a broken bond Sad

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:57 pm

Thumper2001 wrote:Another one for you! Laughing

One water bottle/bowl or two?

I can't get what I had for Thumper Hissy because it came from Hong Kong and will take 25-30 days to get here Hissy

Bit miffed because its really good, free standing bottle with a bowl underneath so she could drink whichever way she preferred Sad

We have bottles attached to the indoor hutch/cage and a dish of water inside as well and a dish of water in their play pen. I have a thing about them not drinking enough water.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:14 am

My pair always go together in the carrier to the vets. Especially when Bruce goes for his dentals. Despite the fact that they can spend most of the day in separate rooms when I am home going to the vets seems to be different. I left her behind last time as I had overslept and for a minute or 2 I thought they had a bond issue when he got home. Even if one of them needed an open op I would ideally take them both.

Back to top Go down

Post by fall3n-ang3l Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:18 am

i have 2 bottles one on each level,i also got one of those bottles what cheryl's got,the piggys use it but the bunnies wouldnt,i used the same carrier to bring them home and to take them to the vets but when i got them spayed,the vets said they would need to go home in there own,so had to go to the pet shop and buy one of those cardboard carriers
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4317
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:46 pm

Mine have always shared food, water and hay love. I only have snuffie now because he is in his 10th year and is a suspected e cuniculi carrier but he has been with other buns and they have all shared.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:59 pm

Silly questions? Pish posh not at all!

1. I have two litter trays for my pair. Sometimes one will remain empty but quite often they seem to use both, especially since they both seem to poo so much Laughing

2. I don't see why not?

3. I stick them both in the same carrier, but when I did this 2 weeks ago I was surprised at how much they had both grown! So if you do pop them in the same one I would recommend buying a biggish one straight off!

4. I have a 'giant' rabbit water bottle as the spout is bigger than on the smaller bottles and T&J seem to prefer that, I also have a large ceramic dog bowl on the other side of the shed. In the summer I also put up a glass bottle. Even though one can have a bowl while one can have a bottle I still watch as one pushes the other out of the way or step on their head because they want to be awkward. Rolling Eyes
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:26 pm

Thanks guys Very Happy

I'm sure I'll have more later Laughing

At the moment, I'm struggling to find a carrier I want Hmmm
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:45 pm

I have two litter trays, but while Florence uses it like a good girl, Dougal goes where he feels like Rolling Eyes However it's always in the house part now so that's fine!

They have the same carrier, I got a bigger one when I got Dougal, partly also because the old one was a pinky red colour and I felt mean at taking him anywhere in that Laughing

icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:38 pm

icedancer wrote:I have two litter trays, but while Florence uses it like a good girl, Dougal goes where he feels like Rolling Eyes However it's always in the house part now so that's fine!

They have the same carrier, I got a bigger one when I got Dougal, partly also because the old one was a pinky red colour and I felt mean at taking him anywhere in that Laughing

Thank you Smile
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:44 pm

I have ordered a pen and it is being delivered tomorrow cheers

I'm going to tie wrap it around the cage, so they can play in the pen and then retire to the cage when they're tired. Well that's the plan Laughing

I always had straw in the cage when it was Thumper's but I'm looking to find an alternative because when I have to separate them, I can't put straw in the pen and I don't want to take away something after they've got used to it.

Plus it's messy Hmmm

Is there anything else I can put in there? Blankets? Towels? Any better ideas?

I want their bed to be cozy so I will stick with the straw if I can't find anything else.

Thank you again Smile
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:55 pm

I use stredded newspaper. I put it in the electric shredder and in it goes. I also have wood shavings in there at the moment under the newspaper, but only to use up a massive bale. Once that's gone it's just going to be newspaper.

Mine basically use now the whole of the indoor as a glorified litter tray. I put hay in it too on the floor, as madam refuses to eat from a rack.

Is there anyway you could also divide Thumpers old cage and do it that way?
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fall3n-ang3l Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:01 pm

vet bed? mine love laying on that
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:05 pm

icedancer wrote:I use stredded newspaper. I put it in the electric shredder and in it goes. I also have wood shavings in there at the moment under the newspaper, but only to use up a massive bale. Once that's gone it's just going to be newspaper.

Mine basically use now the whole of the indoor as a glorified litter tray. I put hay in it too on the floor, as madam refuses to eat from a rack.

Thanks Smile

Bit in bold, I have considered this too but I ain't no master builder Laughing OH is a joiner, I'll maybe get him on the case. If anyone can, he can Very Happy

I'm just no good at imagining how big the panels are, how much we'll need etc so I don't know if we'll have any left over Hmmm
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:05 pm

fall3n-ang3l wrote:vet bed? mine love laying on that
I'll look into this, thanks Thumbs Up
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:08 pm

Is this it?

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=330369425490&index=4&nav=SEARCH&nid=63921667861

Would I get a few to cover the bottom of the cage?
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:10 pm

Thumper2001 wrote:
icedancer wrote:I use stredded newspaper. I put it in the electric shredder and in it goes. I also have wood shavings in there at the moment under the newspaper, but only to use up a massive bale. Once that's gone it's just going to be newspaper.

Thanks Smile

Bit in bold, I have considered this too but I ain't no master builder Laughing OH is a joiner, I'll maybe get him on the case. If anyone can, he can Very Happy

I'm just no good at imagining how big the panels are, how much we'll need etc so I don't know if we'll have any left over Hmmm

I'm just staring at my set up now, have you seen the photos of it? They jump in and out of the cage into the play pen. My one you can't take the whole front panel off, so I've removed the door, but if you had one where the panel removed you could split it down the middle, and follow it down the centre of the play pen so they had half the cage and half the pen. Could work.
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:14 pm

icedancer wrote:
Thumper2001 wrote:

Thanks Smile

I'm just staring at my set up now, have you seen the photos of it? They jump in and out of the cage into the play pen. My one you can't take the whole front panel off, so I've removed the door, but if you had one where the panel removed you could split it down the middle, and follow it down the centre of the play pen so they had half the cage and half the pen. Could work.
The doors come right off and I was thinking along the same lines as you Smile

I'll see what the OH says Laughing
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:21 pm

At least that way litter tray can be in the cage so it's harder for them to make a mess with it too because of the sides.

Just don't give them hay cookies in the play pen! I was going to put a hay rack in mine originally, I'm glad I didn't. I have to hoover the rug everyday as it is as someone gets off on moving the food bowl when there are dried herbs in there!
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:31 pm

I used to buy Thumper hay cookies but she got tired of obliterating them Laughing she never ate them but I remember the mess well Laughing
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fall3n-ang3l Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:40 pm

Thumper2001 wrote:
Is this it?

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=330369425490&index=4&nav=SEARCH&nid=63921667861

yes,thats it,you can get different sizes,i got mine from amazon (i think) pet supermarket do it in different sizes
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:41 pm

fall3n-ang3l wrote:
Thumper2001 wrote:
Is this it?

yes,thats it,you can get different sizes,i got mine from amazon (i think) pet supermarket do it in different sizes
Thank you Very Happy x
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next