Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I can't fit

5 posters

Go down

I can't fit  - Page 1 Empty Re: I can't fit

Post by fiver Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:17 pm

how about sell the bed and replace it with a foldaway bed Smile

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:17 pm

I was assuming that it was a temporary measure. If it is a permenant arrangement why don't you do without the frame altogether?

What's the worst that can happen? Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:26 pm

fiver wrote:how about sell the bed and replace it with a foldaway bed Smile
Thanks for the suggestion Rob, but he's digging his heels in. I can understand why Hmmm

cheryl'n'bruce'flo wrote:I was assuming that it was a temporary measure. If it is a permenant arrangement why don't you do without the frame altogether?

What's the worst that can happen? Laughing
That is the long term plan. But it's going to take a while for me to trust them to that degree. Took me a while to trust Thumper and she wasn't even a big chewer! Eek!

I'm in a new house that's only been standing since June. If they so much as chew a skirting board, I'm dead pale Ok, not literally Laughing
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:26 pm

buy cable ties and overlap the pen panels so it fits. you can always make a shelf to make up for the lost footage. i assume it will only be a base anyway? x
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:35 pm

I think I'm there. Kinda. From the back of the cage (it's against the wall) to the end of the pen, I'm 4" short. It's just going to have to do. I really can't get it in any other way Hmmm

Now I need to work out how to stop them jumping on top of the cage bars and making a bid for freedom Laughing I have to have the bars on the cage to tie wrap the pen to Hmmm

It never really occurred to me how long 6' actually was Laughing

marleyNfriends wrote:buy cable ties and overlap the pen panels so it fits. you can always make a shelf to make up for the lost footage. i assume it will only be a base anyway? x
Thanks for the tip! Yes, they will get out of it and come down stairs every day once they're litter trained Smile
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:40 pm

ok i can understand his views but have you tried some underhanded (would you like some beer and pizza tonight) bartering Laughing
always works when the wife wants to get around me but then i'm very cheap Laughing Laughing

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:41 pm

no problem! i overlap all my pen panels by an inch as it makes them more rigid and sturdy . the end panels are lapped over to make it 3ft. foot forget pictures! when are the new arrivals due? x
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:46 pm

This was just a trial run, I'm going to have to put it together properly with tie wraps because you're right, it is a bit flimsy at the mo!!

Saturday. Right now I'm having one of those times where I'm thinking "what have I done" Laughing I'm sure it'll pass, it has every other time Laughing x
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:28 pm

Im sure it will. i often have that thought when Im huffing and puffing Joe wrestling with pens and cages! Maggie goes on Wednesday. i wondered what the he'll i was doing with her quite regularly until the last few weeks. she's grown on n me. Im really going to miss her. totally worth the stress and worry when i see her with a husbun. can't wait to see your little duo . x x

ETA sorry about the typos. Im using my phone, not had it very long either lol. x
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:32 pm

marleyNfriends wrote:Im sure it will. i often have that thought when Im huffing and puffing Joe wrestling with pens and cages! Maggie goes on Wednesday. i wondered what the he'll i was doing with her quite regularly until the last few weeks. she's grown on n me. Im really going to miss her. totally worth the stress and worry when i see her with a husbun. can't wait to see your little duo . x x
Aww! I'm sure it will be sad to see her go Sad You have done so much for her. Who knows where she'd be if it weren't for you.

Is she going to someone you know so you can be kept up to date with her? X
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:51 pm

she is going to someone off another forum. lauren is a friend of a friend and is only 20minutes away :-) she's going to be a house bunny and will hopefully bond with fiver, another harlequin bun, i may have her back, but Im ptgtdwammdgddmt it will work out. home luck for Saturday!
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:59 pm

marleyNfriends wrote:she is going to someone off another forum. lauren is a friend of a friend and is only 20minutes away :-) she's going to be a house bunny and will hopefully bond with fiver, another harlequin bun, i may have her back, but Im ptgtdwammdgddmt it will work out. home luck for Saturday!
ROFL iPhone malfunction per chance? Laughing Laughing Laughing

That's great that you'll still get to hear how she's doing Smile I really hope it works out for her Smile

Thank you Very Happy x
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:14 am

Is it a metal pen because if it is you can take panels out that's what we do. You need a screwdriver and pry the metal clips apart.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum