Easter on the mend..yay!!!!!

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Easter on the mend..yay!!!!!

Post by gentl on Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:21 pm

Oh no! Easter you must get better! Sending you more vibes!

gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts: 6686
Registration date: 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince the bunny on Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:23 pm

I don't know Maisey, she never mentioned water. Good idea though about syringing water to her, i have put a shallow water bowl in the cage for her and I have seen her drinking from it. She also been grooming herself.
The poo she does do is very small, compact and dark, not the usual plump ones she does.

Sparky, you know it amazes me they don't come home with pain relief. I've had 3 c -sections and I had pain relief for up to 2 weeks after each one. I couldn't have gone home the same day without pain relief, it would have been awful. I think they should give you 2 to 3 days worth afterwards. I guess they worry you might OD the rabbit???

I think Easter and I are going to have cuddles on the sofa again Smile I need to give her the antacid and more food and some water and plenty of tlc.

Thank you all for all your kindness Smile

Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts: 2272
Registration date: 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies on Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:55 pm

Vince the bunny wrote:I don't know Maisey, she never mentioned water. Good idea though about syringing water to her, i have put a shallow water bowl in the cage for her and I have seen her drinking from it. She also been grooming herself.
The poo she does do is very small, compact and dark, not the usual plump ones she does.

Sparky, you know it amazes me they don't come home with pain relief. I've had 3 c -sections and I had pain relief for up to 2 weeks after each one. I couldn't have gone home the same day without pain relief, it would have been awful. I think they should give you 2 to 3 days worth afterwards. I guess they worry you might OD the rabbit???

I think Easter and I are going to have cuddles on the sofa again Smile I need to give her the antacid and more food and some water and plenty of tlc.

Thank you all for all your kindness Smile

If Easter's poop's are small and dark and dry that can be a sign of dehydration, if she is sunk in at the sides I think I have read that on this thread somewhere that can be another sign and if I am right the more water she drinks you should see an improvement, or I hope you do Smile

Come on Easter prove me right xxxx

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts: 15688

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky on Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:17 pm

Vince the bunny wrote:Sparky, you know it amazes me they don't come home with pain relief. I've had 3 c -sections and I had pain relief for up to 2 weeks after each one. I couldn't have gone home the same day without pain relief, it would have been awful. I think they should give you 2 to 3 days worth afterwards. I guess they worry you might OD the rabbit???
All of our lot had pain relief for 3 days after. If I was you I would insist on it for Hermione, or use another vet who will give it. I can't believe they would worry about OD-ing. People who couldn't manage to suck up the correct dose in the syringe are probably too thick to find the vets in the first place Wink Laughing

Re: the dehydration. Of course the Critical Care is well diluted so that should help Thumbs Up

Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts: 7967
Registration date: 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer on Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:24 pm

Florence was given Metacam but she refused to take it!! I had such arguments with her over it, in the end I gave up. I tried everything from putting it on bread (she weed on it) to bribery.

I still have the Metacam if anyone wants it. She had two doses from it and that's it, and one of those I had to take it with me to her check up for the vet to do it Laughing

icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts: 4724
Registration date: 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky on Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:26 pm

I'm pretty sure we had Loxicom, although I don't think it is licensed for use in rabbits so Humum had to sign a disclaimer thingy. We don't mind the taste of that (although I am phobic about all oral meds No) - Humum got me to take mine on broccoli in the end as I refuse to have a syringe in the same room as my mouth No

Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts: 7967
Registration date: 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer on Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:47 pm

I just re-read the thread I done when Florence refused to take her Metacam, it's quite comical. She was thumping at various pieces of food I put it on No

She really is a little spoilt brat Laughing

Hope Easter is feeling a bit better

icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts: 4724
Registration date: 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 on Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:57 pm

Sparky, I had to sign disclaimers at the vet too for meds for Thumper. I don't think there is an awful lot out there that is licenced for rabbits.

My vet knows me well, he always gave Thumper the jabs and then asked me to sign Laughing He knew I'd dither about it and was obviously confident that it was ok to give her it Laughing

Re dehydration, I definitely agree about getting water in her. Being dehydrated won't help matters Thumbs Up Smile

Thumper2001
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts: 11867
Registration date: 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl on Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:04 am

Florence and Sparky are both such precious fluff-heads. Energetic Sparky and the sultry Florence. Love I do hope miss Easter is feeling better this PM.

~holly~

gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts: 6686
Registration date: 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies on Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:34 am

How is Easter today, any better ?

I do hope so.

Tuckerbunnies