Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chudleigh has had a massive heart attack...he's gone :-(

+16
Sue_pawz
Amelia66
Yorkshire Debs
Dotdot
Becki
cheryl'n'bruce'flo
fiver
Thumper2001
jolovesbunnies
gentl
KatieB
JoeyBunsMum
icedancer
Sparky
Rachel&Nibbler
Tuckerbunnies
20 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Chudleigh has had a massive heart attack...he's gone :-( - Page 3 Empty Re: Chudleigh has had a massive heart attack...he's gone :-(

Post by KatieB Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:32 pm

Come on chuds xxxxx
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Chudleigh has had a massive heart attack...he's gone :-( - Page 3 Empty Re: Chudleigh has had a massive heart attack...he's gone :-(

Post by Dotdot Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:16 pm

Fingers and paws crossed for Chudders.
He is such a GORGEOUS little thing Love
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Chudleigh has had a massive heart attack...he's gone :-( - Page 3 Empty UPDATE 2:44 pm Monday

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:58 pm

Still being syringe fed although he did have some dill last night which he seemed to enjoy, he's booked in at the vet's for Friday as our vet is off till then taking a well earned break.

Chudleigh has had a massive heart attack...he's gone :-( - Page 3 ChudleighFlint001-2

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:53 pm

Top-up vibes for Chudleigh Hugs
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:56 pm

More vibes this end for Chudleigh
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:43 pm

oh come on chudders start noming vibes in triple extra strentgh for you and hugs too Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:28 pm

he looks a little brighter in that last pic Maysie?

Sending a vibe top up!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel&Nibbler Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:13 am

Sending more vibes, hope he's back to full strength soon!
Rachel&Nibbler
Rachel&Nibbler
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2379
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:59 am

How's Chudleigh today?
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:15 pm

No change Carla he seem's to be up and down.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:06 pm

Come on sweetie, you can do it.

Hugs

Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:16 pm

Mikes just took him to the vet's as he is no better.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:24 pm

I hope he's ok Maysie

Hugs Hugs
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Chudleigh has had a massive heart attack...he's gone :-( - Page 3 Empty On Way home back from Vets.

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:57 pm

Chudleigh had to see another vet as our vet is off till Friday but he has the tiniest of spurs on a back molar and she think's this is the problem. We have found Nethies to be ill and panic when they get spur's even though they are not big spurs at all, Chudleigh was like this last time and he get's all worked up, doesn't eat his temperature goes down and he goes into shock Bless him.
Anyway he's back on Friday to have the tiny tiny spur removed in the meantime Mike has some painkilling injections to give him.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:23 pm

Poor wee Chudders! Love At least it is something treatable. Sending some get well vibes his way!
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by cheryl'n'bruce'flo Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:27 pm

I so know that place Maysie. Bruce just stops when he gets the smallest spur. No eating no movement and when you pick him up he goes slightly floppy not because he is that unwell but because he feels so sorry for himself. The vet and I joke about how much of a wuss he is. Unlike Jamie Bruce manages to get by on Metacam until dental day. I know you will worry when he is in having the GA. Have you spoken to the vet about using the ketamine anesthetic like mine does? I think it is the Ketamine Xylazine combi mentioned here that she uses. http://www.iacuc.ucsf.edu/Proc/awRbtFrm.asp The sedation is reversible and Bruce comes home so much more alert and happy than with the old GA. The vet has found twice that Bruce is sufficiently sedated to do the dental work with just the Xylazine. It is supposed to be a much safer option than those previously available.
cheryl'n'bruce'flo
cheryl'n'bruce'flo
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7837
Registration date : 2011-08-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:46 pm

More top-up vibes for Chudders, I hope the painkillers perk him up and that the dental all goes well on Friday Hugs

Cheryl - I'll get Humum to ask the vet what anaesthetic they used for my spay. She couldn't believe how bright I was when I came home, so she is wondering if she used the reversible one due to my history of poor health. If so, she would highly recommend it (although she didn't get the evening's peace from a dopey bunny that she was expecting Evil or Very Mad).
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyBunsMum Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:04 pm

Poor Chudds Hugs Hope the dental on Firday gets him back to his normal self.

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2784
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:28 pm

JoeyBunsMum wrote:Poor Chudds Hugs Hope the dental on Firday gets him back to his normal self.
I second this! Smile

Roll on Friday!!
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Yorkshire Debs Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:21 pm

Big brave Chudleigh vibes from us too. Just catching up with everything on HH so only just seen this.
Hope Chuds recovers swiftly after his dental on Friday and it does the trick.

Big hugs Hugs from all of us and the furry ones.
xxxx xx xx

Yorkshire Debs
Yorkshire Debs
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2011-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:24 pm

Daisy is the same Maysie....even the smallest spur is the end of the world for him, even before it starts to be a problem.

Thankfully he doesnt get as poorly as Chudleigh though.

Sending the poor little guy some love and vibes for his dental x x x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:30 pm

Extra vibes for Chudders, that the painkillers help and all goes well Friday. Bless his little heart.
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:06 am

" Help they are force feeding me and it's all over my likkle face and I've got a dental spur awwwww"

Chudleigh has had a massive heart attack...he's gone :-( - Page 3 Chuds002

" Look at me!I've now got a sticky goatee"

Chudleigh has had a massive heart attack...he's gone :-( - Page 3 Chuds001

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:33 am

cheryl'n'bruce'flo wrote:I so know that place Maysie. Bruce just stops when he gets the smallest spur. No eating no movement and when you pick him up he goes slightly floppy not because he is that unwell but because he feels so sorry for himself. The vet and I joke about how much of a wuss he is. Unlike Jamie Bruce manages to get by on Metacam until dental day. I know you will worry when he is in having the GA. Have you spoken to the vet about using the ketamine anesthetic like mine does? I think it is the Ketamine Xylazine combi mentioned here that she uses. http://www.iacuc.ucsf.edu/Proc/awRbtFrm.asp The sedation is reversible and Bruce comes home so much more alert and happy than with the old GA. The vet has found twice that Bruce is sufficiently sedated to do the dental work with just the Xylazine. It is supposed to be a much safer option than those previously available.

Our vet uses Domitor GA and she uses Ketaset which is Ketamine Hydrochloride . The Domitor is the GA that Pud unfortunately was allergic to and couldn't lift his head up after and I hate it but it's suppose to be very good and a low risk GA but they take ages to come round, I think Koko took 3 days to come round completely. Yet Sox and Henry our old bunnies come round straight away.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:40 pm

So precious Love Honestly cannot stop looking at these photos.
How is he?
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next