Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rescue closing 40+ rabbit's to be pts

+6
Rachel&Nibbler
Velvet.Tears
JoeyBunsMum
KatieB
LilyGrace
Tuckerbunnies
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Rescue closing 40+ rabbit's to be pts - Page 1 Empty Re: Rescue closing 40+ rabbit's to be pts

Post by dizzylynn Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:55 pm

My god a week to get rid of 40 buns, thats shocking, they should have planned this or at least not have a dead line for these poor animals, it is a very selfish time scale if they were thinking about closing down they should have stopped taking in rabbits and homed what they had properly makes me bleeping sick.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3191
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Back to top Go down

Rescue closing 40+ rabbit's to be pts - Page 1 Empty Re: Rescue closing 40+ rabbit's to be pts

Post by LilyGrace Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:13 pm

I really can't make out what is going on there. The woman who runs the page isn't even on it any more and isn't answering questions, just someone who has been made admin but doesn't know where the lady is. Doesn't make any sense!
LilyGrace
LilyGrace
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2274
Registration date : 2010-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:39 pm

LilyGrace wrote:I really can't make out what is going on there. The woman who runs the page isn't even on it any more and isn't answering questions, just someone who has been made admin but doesn't know where the lady is. Doesn't make any sense!

It's all very strange and they advertise on Gum tree as well Hmmm

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by LilyGrace Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:54 pm

From what I can gather...the lady who runs it has gone missing...but is really ill and her husband is left looking after their children and all the animals. People are getting irate because they want to know what's going on, but the person speaking on behalf of them is getting very defensive now. I shouldn't think there is going to be much in the way of updates for a while....sounds like a whole world of confusion going on there!
LilyGrace
LilyGrace
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia66 Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:21 pm

Wouldn't it cost them more to have them all pts rather than have them re homed anyway? I don't know why but i feel something dodgy is going on there, reading through the comments they seem to answer none of the people who offer help and only the people questioning why.

They also say the RSPCA wont help, surely if they were threatening to have them pts they would take at least some of them?

Amelia66
Amelia66
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2011-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:22 pm

I have just been reading the most recent posts. It is very sad. As far as I can gather the lady has M.E. (I have posted a link to the me association over on the fb page as I think some people posting there need some perspective). I think this is a cautionary tale of the problems with rescue and how it can over come you. It is easy for people to point the finger of blame but if you do not have a hard streak in you it is hard to say no to accepting more animals than you can cope with. Maybe this lady should have been more realistic about her symptoms and how unwell she was becoming and had back up strategies for it. However I also know of some people with fast relapsing ME so this may not have been the case. I think the best answer would be for someone experienced to come in and organise the dispersal of these animals rather than what is going on right now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:27 pm

I can't see anything because I'm not on FB!! Hissy Hissy Hissy Really ****** me off when people only use FB as their method of communicating Mad

Does anyone know if the RSPCA have been notified of what's going on?
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia66 Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:31 pm

Thumper2001 wrote:I can't see anything because I'm not on FB!! Hissy Hissy Hissy Really ****** me off when people only use FB as their method of communicating Mad

apparently and they have apparently said they wont help.

Also someone on there says instead of being a breeder that a doe came in pregnant gave birth and then later gave birth as they state rabbits can be pregnant with two litters at a time. The stupid stuff that people say astounds me. If she was in such a bad situation with her health she shouldnt have been taking more rabbits let alone breeding them Mad
Amelia66
Amelia66
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:35 pm

Amelia I really think you need to be careful about saying things like that. ME is one of the most misunderstood illnesses and it can strike anyone at any time. We don't know the full information really but I think we can surmise that the lady is going through a terrible time at the moment and criticising her is helping no one. I have posted suggesting that someone contacts the RWAF - I am sure there is a local hopper groups and I am wondering if they could help with daily care for the animals and possible co-ordination of rehoming. Honestly Thumper2001 you are lucky to me missing this one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:36 pm

Amelia66 wrote:
Thumper2001 wrote:I can't see anything because I'm not on FB!! Hissy Hissy Hissy Really ****** me off when people only use FB as their method of communicating Mad

apparently and they have apparently said they wont help.

Also someone on there says instead of being a breeder that a doe came in pregnant gave birth and then later gave birth as they state rabbits can be pregnant with two litters at a time. The stupid stuff that people say astounds me. If she was in such a bad situation with her health she shouldnt have been taking more rabbits let alone breeding them Mad
I have heard that somewhere before and I was a bit confused
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:40 pm

I'm not on Facebook but I can see that link ok .

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:41 pm

cheryl'n'bruce'flo wrote:Amelia I really think you need to be careful about saying things like that. ME is one of the most misunderstood illnesses and it can strike anyone at any time. We don't know the full information really but I think we can surmise that the lady is going through a terrible time at the moment and criticising her is helping no one. I have posted suggesting that someone contacts the RWAF - I am sure there is a local hopper groups and I am wondering if they could help with daily care for the animals and possible co-ordination of rehoming. Honestly Thumper2001 you are lucky to me missing this one.
That's fair enought but they shouldn't automatically jump down the PTS route. And from what I understand, they aren't even responding to offers of help.

No wonder people are angry.

Last edited by Thumper2001 on Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:42 pm

Tuckerbunnies wrote:

I'm not on Facebook but I can see that link ok .

No doubt it's down to the mystery that is the iPhone No
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:48 pm

From what I can see they aren't responding because they are completely overwhelmed which is completely understandable. ME is a bit like acute depression in that it can just put you into standby indefinitely.

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:51 pm

The husband of the rescues name has been posted on their now, and you can see his wall. He's been playing games on it all day! Yet apparently is too busy with the children and animals to respond to people Shocked

A good friend of mine has ME, so I know how terrible it can be, but she puts her pets (robovski hammies) first. Even if she can't do anything else for herself the hamsters still get sorted.

It's such a sad situation, and some of the comments on there from people who say they can pass on messages are a bit rude imho
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia66 Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:52 pm

cheryl'n'bruce'flo wrote:Amelia I really think you need to be careful about saying things like that. ME is one of the most misunderstood illnesses and it can strike anyone at any time. We don't know the full information really but I think we can surmise that the lady is going through a terrible time at the moment and criticising her is helping no one. I have posted suggesting that someone contacts the RWAF - I am sure there is a local hopper groups and I am wondering if they could help with daily care for the animals and possible co-ordination of rehoming. Honestly Thumper2001 you are lucky to me missing this one.

I know quite a bit about the illness as a close friend of mine has it. What i mean is she would know that it can strike at any time leaving her bed bound for a prolonged period of time. She would have this information already as it was stated she has had the ME for a while. It says it would leave her husband to looks after her, the children and her rabbits. What im saying is knowing you are ill, and that it could be all on your husband to do everything while you are ill it would have been more responsible to downsize before she got to 40 rabbits and no one to look after them. I mean it doesn't take a lot to call a rescue close to you and ask them to take some of the rabbits due to health reasons.

I realise she is having a terrible time, and im not slating her so much as saying this could have been handled better.
Amelia66
Amelia66
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:45 pm

Right the latest on this rescue/breeder is they are Back street breeders.

I thought they sounded dodgy! No

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:54 pm

I have a friend with ME she is in pain alot but she needs support so the lady going missing seems strange. I agree having them pts is very costly as they would pay for the injections and then to dispose of them which mounts up.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:59 pm

I agree if you know your ill then you dont take in more than you can cope with then suddenlty choose to get rid of them on in less than 7 days notice. Back street breeders do sound very dodgy as it says on the top of the group rescue and breeders more like trying to rope us good people into a trick.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:15 pm

I have just looked at some pf the photos, one of the rex's is very skinny, and they have a multy buy option sorry thats just wrong, 1 for £17 2 for 325 and 3 for 330, there not bloody toys, really dont agree with that.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyBunsMum Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:37 pm

Tuckerbunnies wrote:Right the latest on this rescue/breeder is they are Back street breeders.

I thought they sounded dodgy! No

I am not surprised to read this. Something somewhere didn't seem right.

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2784
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:59 pm

It deffo doesnt since they have multibuy prices what the hell is that all about, poor wee animals, and the rex in my eyes is far to skinny.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by LilyGrace Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:19 pm

Just looks like someone who has taken in rabbits from free ads and people who don't want them and then sells them on. On her facebook page the hutches are tiny which they are kept in....and she knows NOTHING about rabbits at all. How they can say that is a rescue I have no idea :/
LilyGrace
LilyGrace
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:50 pm

Bet none of them have been vet checked.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next