Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

URGENT APPEAL! Rescue space needed for 40 rabbits!

+9
Rachel&Nibbler
JoeyBunsMum
dizzylynn
Velvet.Tears
Sparky
Tuckerbunnies
KatieB
Thumper2001
AnnaT
13 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

URGENT APPEAL! Rescue space needed for 40 rabbits! - Page 3 Empty Re: URGENT APPEAL! Rescue space needed for 40 rabbits!

Post by Thumper2001 Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:36 am

I just looked her up. Bless her, she had a lucky escape thanks to the hard work you guys do Thumbs Up

I can't stop thinking about these poor bunnies Sad I wish there was something I could do.
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

URGENT APPEAL! Rescue space needed for 40 rabbits! - Page 3 Empty Re: URGENT APPEAL! Rescue space needed for 40 rabbits!

Post by AnnaT Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:37 am

Rachel&Nibbler wrote:
AnnaT wrote:
Rachel&Nibbler wrote:I've just remembered of Fat Fluffs, another one I've come across based in Solihull near Birmingham. I hope that's close enough?

http://www.fatfluffs.com/

A different Fat Fluffs? Do you have a number for them? A rescue called Fat Fluffs has already been contacted, so will make sure it's not the same one.

Probably a stupid question but can the rabbits be taken by fosterer's? I've seen loads of people volunteer on the Facebook page to do it so they don't have to be pts

Some rescues that have agreed to take rabbits on may take you on as a foster. We cannot as we like rabbits to see our vet, plus we have to be sensible and think about the finances involved with taking a large group. We know most are not neutered, none are vaccinated and have no idea about general health. If we agree to put the last 22 in foster homes, each rabbit could cost us a few hundred pounds if they need dentals so cannot do this.
AnnaT
AnnaT
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2916
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by AnnaT Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:38 am

Thumper2001 wrote:I just looked her up. Bless her, she had a lucky escape thanks to the hard work you guys do Thumbs Up

I can't stop thinking about these poor bunnies Sad I wish there was something I could do.

Thank you Smile She is now very happy and treated like a tiny Princess Smile

I wish there was more I could do too. I wont stop trying. Every life saved is precious.
AnnaT
AnnaT
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel&Nibbler Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:45 am

AnnaT wrote:
Rachel&Nibbler wrote:
AnnaT wrote:
Rachel&Nibbler wrote:I've just remembered of Fat Fluffs, another one I've come across based in Solihull near Birmingham. I hope that's close enough?

http://www.fatfluffs.com/

A different Fat Fluffs? Do you have a number for them? A rescue called Fat Fluffs has already been contacted, so will make sure it's not the same one.

Probably a stupid question but can the rabbits be taken by fosterer's? I've seen loads of people volunteer on the Facebook page to do it so they don't have to be pts

Some rescues that have agreed to take rabbits on may take you on as a foster. We cannot as we like rabbits to see our vet, plus we have to be sensible and think about the finances involved with taking a large group. We know most are not neutered, none are vaccinated and have no idea about general health. If we agree to put the last 22 in foster homes, each rabbit could cost us a few hundred pounds if they need dentals so cannot do this.

I wish I was in a position to foster but atm I can't. However I can and would like to donate towards someone or something if that could help with taking more on, even if it's just one more? I've seen quite a few people on Facebook with that offer too - both on the original 'rabbits are us' site and the RACR Rescue page.
Rachel&Nibbler
Rachel&Nibbler
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2379
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:26 am

Me too, I can set up a regular standing ordr to cover the cost of food etc if that will enable a rescue to take any more?
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by AnnaT Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:27 am

Really kind of you both. Let me ask Smile
AnnaT
AnnaT
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:29 am

Anna, I want to put something on our fb page to help. Where can I direct people to if they want to help?
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by AnnaT Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:33 am

Katieb wrote:Anna, I want to put something on our fb page to help. Where can I direct people to if they want to help?

Do you mean if they want to donate?
AnnaT
AnnaT
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:43 am

Or if they can offer foster space?
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by AnnaT Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:03 pm

Katieb wrote:Or if they can offer foster space?

They would need to contact Andrea at RACR who is organising everything

racr.rescue@sky.com
AnnaT
AnnaT
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by AnnaT Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:03 pm

Ignore.

Last edited by AnnaT on Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
AnnaT
AnnaT
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel&Nibbler Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:06 pm

I cannot believe this has happened. I'm getting so angry right now.

Why has she not waited when other people were trying their hardest to sort out her rubbish self-inflicted situation? That stupid stupid woman Mad
Rachel&Nibbler
Rachel&Nibbler
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by AnnaT Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:07 pm

Rachel&Nibbler wrote:I cannot believe this has happened. I'm getting so angry right now.

Why has she not waited when other people were trying their hardest to sort out her rubbish self-inflicted situation? That stupid stupid woman Mad

She wont wait.

I hate this :'( Noone can get in contact with her now. I would go myself, but I am hours away and wont get there in time.
AnnaT
AnnaT
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyBunsMum Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:14 pm

I'm practically ten mintues away. Is it too late?

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2784
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel&Nibbler Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:16 pm

AnnaT wrote:
Rachel&Nibbler wrote:I cannot believe this has happened. I'm getting so angry right now.

She wont wait.

I hate this :'( Noone can get in contact with her now. I would go myself, but I am hours away and wont get there in time.

Sometimes, I wish profanities were allowed. What a heartless woman she is. I really want to know how to ensure she doesn't do this again. Do you know if there is there any way of doing this? I so wish I could drive right now =( feeling so useless right now
Rachel&Nibbler
Rachel&Nibbler
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by AnnaT Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:19 pm

JoeyBunsMum wrote:I'm practically ten mintues away. Is it too late?
Thank you for this. RACR are only in contact via PM with the husband. We don't have an address. Emma (who runs Furry Friends) is trying to locate the rescues address now.
AnnaT
AnnaT
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyBunsMum Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:28 pm

Please let us/me know if there is any chance to help these poor babies.

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel&Nibbler Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:28 pm

Trying to locate an address through the postcode and found this if it's of any help - http://www.doogal.co.uk/ShowMap.php?postcode=DE21%206UH

It at least shows whereabouts she is, if not an exact spot.
Rachel&Nibbler
Rachel&Nibbler
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by AnnaT Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:29 pm

Rachel&Nibbler wrote:Trying to locate an address through the postcode and found this if it's of any help - http://www.doogal.co.uk/ShowMap.php?postcode=DE21%206UH

It at least shows whereabouts she is, if not an exact spot.

It's home run, so no indication of which house it is.
AnnaT
AnnaT
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FudgesMummy Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:40 pm

Bet the local neighbours would help if they knew the situation.
FudgesMummy
FudgesMummy
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1577
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyBunsMum Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:40 pm

I found the postcode and street but obviously we don't know which house as Anna says.

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyBunsMum Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:41 pm

FudgesMummy wrote:Bet the local neighbours would help if they knew the situation.

Well possibly but it's a bit of a erm, not so great area lets say.

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:50 pm

Deleted.

Last edited by Thumper2001 on Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:00 pm

I have just found the address using their surname from Facebook and phone number from website and Bt.com

I'm not going to post it on here, but pm me if anyone can help. Sadly I'm miles away.
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:02 pm

Is this the point to try the rspca again. It is one thing to have animals put down because they have no homes but another thing to put them down when places are being arranged. Is it also worth contacting local vets and appealing for them to intervene? I am sure on the facebook thread on the original page that someone said the local pet shop know where to find the rabbits and I cannot believe the local rspca would not know.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next