Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's Molly's spay day :( U/D Monday. Scar concern

+14
Tuckerbunnies
Josie
NickieM
paullp
Sparky
JoeyBunsMum
icedancer
Dawnbunny
Dotdot
FudgesMummy
KatieB
fiver
gentl
Thumper2001
18 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

It's Molly's spay day :( U/D Monday. Scar concern - Page 3 Empty Re: It's Molly's spay day :( U/D Monday. Scar concern

Post by gentl Fri May 25, 2012 5:52 pm

Thumper2001 wrote:.....
I even tried her with some pineapple juice and she wouldn't drink that either. She loves pineapple juice and was definitely interested in it but just wouldn't take it. I'm just going to have to persevere!

Try little pineapple tidbits without draining them. That might tempt her.
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

It's Molly's spay day :( U/D Monday. Scar concern - Page 3 Empty Re: It's Molly's spay day :( U/D Monday. Scar concern

Post by icedancer Fri May 25, 2012 7:30 pm

Have you got any cucumber? Florence didn't drink for a good couple of days following her spay, but I got fluid into her via a cucumber. She wouldn't take the metacam via syringe so I knew I wouldn't be able to syringe her water and it was all I could think of. It did work though, and she done wees after that. She would only eat it when I held it for her though Laughing

Water on the herbs is also worth a try.

Drink and nom up Molly Love
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Fri May 25, 2012 8:24 pm

Oh! That's an excellent idea Carla! Cucumbers can be very juicy!
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fall3n-ang3l Fri May 25, 2012 9:20 pm

only just seen this,dont come in this bit very often,agree with carla,i always give mine a bit of cucumber as i know they dont drink much,have you tried carrots as well
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4317
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Fri May 25, 2012 9:57 pm

Asda didn't have any cucumber Rolling Eyes Or lettuce. Or pizza. Or baguettes. Not that they were for Molly Laughing

I did pick up a mahoosive carrot tho Thumbs Up

She is much better than she was Smile She has drank 90% of the pineapple juice and eaten all of her pellets. She is now eating everything I throw her way Smile

It still doesn't look like she has touched the water though, so she's about to get a very wet bit of carrot Laughing Junior too of course!

Her poops are getting bigger and there are lots of them Smile

She even looks a lot brighter, she even had her front paws up on the cage door!

Thanks for all the advice guys, I think (hope) she's turned a corner Smile

Last edited by Thumper2001 on Fri May 25, 2012 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Fri May 25, 2012 9:59 pm

Yay! Glad that she's starting to perk up a little bit.

Hope she's even better tomorrow Very Happy
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by fall3n-ang3l Fri May 25, 2012 10:02 pm

thats brilliant news Happy Dance
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4317
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Fri May 25, 2012 11:18 pm

Sounds like Magnificent Molly Love is almost as good as new! Happy Dance
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Sat May 26, 2012 11:52 am

Good Molly Very Happy

(And it's not often we say that Wink )
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Sat May 26, 2012 3:33 pm

This sort of news is always great to hear. They do know how to worry us sometimes don;t they?

Hugs

Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sat May 26, 2012 10:32 pm

Molly is doing great, still picking at her pellets a little bit but they do all get eaten eventually.

I'm having to let her out though because she is so down locked in that cage Sad She's down here with me right now, munching on her playsticks Smile

I have a bit of a concern though... At the top of her scar, there is a stitch poking out about 8mm Hmmm I'm not sure what to do about it. You may be horrified by this suggestion Embarassed but should I trim it down a bit?

As it is, it's far too easy for her to get a hold of with her teeth and tug on it. I can't be sure that she hasn't been pulling on it already...

Thanks for your thoughts Smile
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Sun May 27, 2012 4:12 am

I'd be tempted to trim them, however getting a sharp object near her abdomen scares me. She is just too quick!
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Sun May 27, 2012 9:11 am

I'd be tempted to trim it too, if you have blunt-edged scissors like kiddies scissors or curved ones like nail scissors and are confident she'll hold still for two seconds.

On the other hand, one of Roo's stitches went the same way and was left alone as there was no way she would not wriggle if the Hu-parents tried to deal with it. They just kept a close eye on it (she was considerate enough to flop quite a lot so they could see it) and she never seemed to pull it.
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sun May 27, 2012 2:17 pm

gentl wrote:I'd be tempted to trim them, however getting a sharp object near her abdomen scares me. She is just too quick!
That's exactly what I was worried about Sad

Sparky wrote:I'd be tempted to trim it too, if you have blunt-edged scissors like kiddies scissors or curved ones like nail scissors and are confident she'll hold still for two seconds.

On the other hand, one of Roo's stitches went the same way and was left alone as there was no way she would not wriggle if the Hu-parents tried to deal with it. They just kept a close eye on it (she was considerate enough to flop quite a lot so they could see it) and she never seemed to pull it.
The bit in bold, what a blimmin brillian idea!! Thumbs Up

It's good to know that it's not unheard of either Smile

Thanks Smile
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Sun May 27, 2012 9:37 pm

Hubby just mentioned this morning that we need a good pair of small bandage scissors for use with Thumper's First Aid Box. They are not expensive and they have a snub nosed end to prevent cuts or pokes and are at an angle that is much easier to use on a bun.
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Mon May 28, 2012 10:15 am

Mission was accomplished last night! cheers

It was a joint effort. My mum bought the kiddies scissors when she was out and dropped them off in the afternoon. First attempt, I was holding her and OH was supposed to be doing the cutting, but as he got close to her, I burst out laughing No Rolling Eyes

I think it was a combination of nerves and too much sun Embarassed

Me and OH swapped round, he held her and I cut it.

She wasn't all that offended. Heel flicks and dirty looks, but a fenugreek crunchie soon made her forget Laughing
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Mon May 28, 2012 11:05 am

Thumper2001 wrote:Mission was accomplished last night! cheers

It was a joint effort. My mum bought the kiddies scissors when she was out and dropped them off in the afternoon. First attempt, I was holding her and OH was supposed to be doing the cutting, but as he got close to her, I burst out laughing No Rolling Eyes

I think it was a combination of nerves and too much sun Embarassed

Me and OH swapped round, he held her and I cut it.

She wasn't all that offended. Heel flicks and dirty looks, but a fenugreek crunchie soon made her forget Laughing
The power of the fenugreek crunchie. I'm going to have to find those!
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Mon May 28, 2012 11:08 am

I don't see the attraction myself Laughing They stink!!
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Mon May 28, 2012 11:57 am

I'm glad you did it!!

They are magical things those crunchies.
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by FudgesMummy Mon May 28, 2012 12:33 pm

Can Molly telly Deeva what to expect please-she goes in for her 'magik sleep and insides out' experience tomorrow... Hmmm
FudgesMummy
FudgesMummy
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1577
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Mon May 28, 2012 12:43 pm

Perhaps she is better off not knowing... She might have a sleepless night otherwise Sad

I hope all goes well for her x
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FudgesMummy Mon May 28, 2012 12:47 pm

Thumper2001 wrote:Perhaps she is better off not knowing... She might have a sleepless night otherwise Sad

I hope all goes well for her x

I think Deeva will be fine-it will be Mummy having the sleepless night tonight....just how I am going to keep little Deeva from bouncing when she is not sleepy I don't know! I think I have the most hyper bunny going....or is she just the contrast to the chilled out, more mature Fudge??? Hmmm
FudgesMummy
FudgesMummy
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1577
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Mon May 28, 2012 12:50 pm

Molly is the same. I thought we were going to have to strap bricks to her, but she seems to know her limits Thumbs Up
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Mon May 28, 2012 1:31 pm

Thumper2001 wrote:Molly is the same. I thought we were going to have to strap bricks to her, but she seems to know her limits Thumbs Up

Pain is a quick teacher.
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Mon May 28, 2012 4:26 pm

I hope she is OK love.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next