Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gaaaaaaaaaaah Now Danny Back at the Vets !!

5 posters

Go down

Gaaaaaaaaaaah Now Danny Back at the Vets !! Empty Gaaaaaaaaaaah Now Danny Back at the Vets !!

Post by Guest Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:46 am

He had what we thought to be a bout of Snuffles. The snotty nose cleared up after 7 days Baytril. But he has been left with what I can only describe as a gagging cough. He is perfectly 'well within himself' but will go into fits of coughing several times a day. Last night I examined him again ( Vet has seen him twice so far and could find nothing wrong) and I *think* I can feel a 'nodule' near his larynx. The slightest pressure on the nodule and Danny gags. He went back onto Baytril and Metacam last night and the coughing is not quite so bad this morning. But there is obviously a problem so we are off to the Vet this morning. Our usual Vet is on Holiday so its a Locum. She seems OK and has Bunnies herself. But its just not the same as seeing the Vet I really trust.

Sorry for rambling on Embarassed
Will update later

Smile

Back to top Go down

Gaaaaaaaaaaah Now Danny Back at the Vets !! Empty Re: Gaaaaaaaaaaah Now Danny Back at the Vets !!

Post by Kirsty&Lola Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:47 am

oh no Jane, you are really having a time of it lately. vibes for Danny and hope you feel comfortable with the Locum
Kirsty&Lola
Kirsty&Lola
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1016
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Gaaaaaaaaaaah Now Danny Back at the Vets !! Empty Re: Gaaaaaaaaaaah Now Danny Back at the Vets !!

Post by Sixer Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:57 am

Oh no - hope all goes well at the vets.
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Honey61 Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:23 am

What a week you have had Jane!

Vibes for Daniel & hope all goes well at the vets.

Energy vibes for you too...... Very Happy
Honey61
Honey61
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2008-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfie & Bugsy Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:41 am

Sending vibes fro Daniel Very Happy
Alfie & Bugsy
Alfie & Bugsy
New Hopper
New Hopper

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:52 pm

Thanks guys Smile

The Vet said that the only way to find out what is going on is to GA him and then try to get an endoscope down. She said a skull Xray might show up a tumour if there was one. Or it could by a foreign body lodged in his soft palette.

Neither of us want to rush into the GA route so we are going to try another week on abx and Metacam first. If the problem does not resolve in that time we will have no choice but to GA him.

At least Danny 'feels' well and is very good about having his injections Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by buddabun Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:29 pm

oh my goodness jane - it's all happening at once for you isn't it Sad

lots of vibes for Danny, at least he is well in himself. And what a good boy he is, give him an extra cuddle for being so good with his meds :luv:
buddabun
buddabun
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7749
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.cluster-jewellery.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:32 pm

Poor Danny, fingers crossed that the meds do the trick xx
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down