Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should we offer to help?

4 posters

Go down

Should we offer to help? Empty Should we offer to help?

Post by Caroline Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:22 am

A friend of my OH asked us a while ago if we would like thier bunnies, daughter had grown up and got bored etc. I said no as we didn't have space. He has just been to a BBQ at theirs and they have somehow ended up with another bunny (English judging by the pic) which had been supposedly dumped and is living in a 4ft hutch on top of the original bunnies hutch & run.

I have two bonded pairs living in 6x3x2 hutches over 6x5 runs and also a spare (but chewed) Thistle Hall which arrived with one of my pairs and I'd been thinking about using for fostering. I wouldn't keep a single bun in there unless it was for fostering, or on a temporary basis, so I was wondering whether my hutch/run combinations would take a third bun or whether they'd be too small for 3.

I don't even know what sex this bun is, and I'm assuming it's not neutered or vacced so all that would need to be sorted first.

What do you think? Do you think we have space or do you think we're kidding ourselves?
Caroline
Caroline
New Hopper
New Hopper

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Should we offer to help? Empty Re: Should we offer to help?

Post by Josephine Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:11 am

Sorry I cannot give you any advice, but I am sure there will be someone along in the morning who can help you.
I had 2 rabbits in Thistle Hall with a huge run before I got my rabbit shed, They seemed perfectly happy because they had plenty of space to run around.
Josephine
Josephine
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3380
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Hoppers Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:40 am

I would say, if the rabbits are small/small medium with run access you could add a third bun to that combination.

I have a mini-lop, tiny dutch and a dwarf lop x who live in a 6x2x2ft hutch. They don't have a run attached but have access to a 6x3ft one in the day. The run used to be bigger but after the garden was relandscaped it wouldn't fit on the concrete anymore Sad

Most of the time they choose to snuggle together in a bundle but if they do choose to hop about it dosn't seem to cause any problems.
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://happyhoppers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by racheld69 Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:19 pm

well i am not one to talk having adopted a rabbit when i was meant ot be getting a shed on free-ads but i would take it just to get it out of the 4 foot hutch. you could even put it in the thistle hall with an run attached and get another one!!??
racheld69
racheld69
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3256
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down