Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taffy has EC - U/D 29/03 - he's gone

+19
Dotdot
Rachel&Nibbler
JoeyBunsMum
gentl
Sixer
jolovesbunnies
Amelia66
Big Ears
icedancer
Sue_pawz
marleyNfriends
SarahJane
Tuckerbunnies
Thumper2001
paullp
FluffSlave
KatieB
fiver
Sparky
23 posters

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Taffy has EC - U/D 29/03 - he's gone - Page 8 Empty Re: Taffy has EC - U/D 29/03 - he's gone

Post by marleyNfriends Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:39 am

Im sorry it has taken me so long to catch up with this. Im so glad to read that he is doing well, bless him. Lots more vibes coming Taffys way, give him some gentle nose rubs from me . He s a little fighter! Hugs x x x x x
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Taffy has EC - U/D 29/03 - he's gone - Page 8 Empty Re: Taffy has EC - U/D 29/03 - he's gone

Post by FluffSlave Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:44 pm

I was just wondering how Taffy is today, Sparky?

Sending him lots of vibes xxx
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:53 pm

Vibe top up for the Tremendous Taffy! Love Come on little guy!
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:09 pm

He's stable. He is eating a little better, moving a little better and seems to be sitting / laying more comfortably. His snuffles has flared up but not quite badly enough to put him on the antibiotics yet - he is being nebulised once a day and we'll go to twice a day if we think he needs it.

He does seem to get bellyache at times - he presses his tummy down like Cheryl has described Bruce doing. But the night he had Loxicom he had his worst 24 hours ever, so Humum is worried that that made his tummy sore. She's wondering whether it is worth getting him on some Zantac so he can have some pain releif - any opinions?
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:37 pm

Sparky wrote:He's stable. He is eating a little better, moving a little better and seems to be sitting / laying more comfortably. His snuffles has flared up but not quite badly enough to put him on the antibiotics yet - he is being nebulised once a day and we'll go to twice a day if we think he needs it.

He does seem to get bellyache at times - he presses his tummy down like Cheryl has described Bruce doing. But the night he had Loxicom he had his worst 24 hours ever, so Humum is worried that that made his tummy sore. She's wondering whether it is worth getting him on some Zantac so he can have some pain releif - any opinions?

Zantac is a just a motility stimulant Sparky .

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:06 pm

Ah, ok - I thought it was the one that was supposed to help the stomach lining from getting inflamed and ulcerated. We'll have to look into it a bit more. Thanks Maysie Thumbs Up
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:30 pm

Sparky wrote:Ah, ok - I thought it was the one that was supposed to help the stomach lining from getting inflamed and ulcerated. We'll have to look into it a bit more. Thanks Maysie Thumbs Up

It is. It's also known as Ranitidine but is primarily to reduce the risk of ulcers from NSAIDs. It *might* also act as gut stimulant, not sure about that but any "reluctant to eat/being syringe fed" bunnies at my vets are prescribed Domperidone (gut stimulant), Metacam (painkiller/antiinflammatory) Zantac to protect from side-effects of Metacam (or other painkiller being used).

Artie has just been on Metacam for nearly four years daily. It might be if he wasn't eating well it wouldn't be a good idea, so that may be a factor that contradicts it being prescribed.

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1000
Registration date : 2008-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:01 pm

Sparky wrote:Ah, ok - I thought it was the one that was supposed to help the stomach lining from getting inflamed and ulcerated. We'll have to look into it a bit more. Thanks Maysie Thumbs Up

Sorry Sparky yes it does help prevent ulcers I was thinking you meant pain relief like Metacam I do apologise Sad

I've this which is always worth keeping in your favourites list http://www.burgesspetcare.co.uk/excelfeedingplan/pdfs/vets/rabbit/Rabbit%20Articles%20-%20Drug%20Tables.pdf

hope it opens ok.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:37 pm

Big Ears wrote:

It is. It's also known as Ranitidine but is primarily to reduce the risk of ulcers from NSAIDs. It *might* also act as gut stimulant, not sure about that but any "reluctant to eat/being syringe fed" bunnies at my vets are prescribed Domperidone (gut stimulant), Metacam (painkiller/antiinflammatory) Zantac to protect from side-effects of Metacam (or other painkiller being used).

Artie has just been on Metacam for nearly four years daily. It might be if he wasn't eating well it wouldn't be a good idea, so that may be a factor that contradicts it being prescribed.

Thanks Big Ears - he was prescribed Loxicom to try which is an NSAID, but he had one dose then the worst 24 hours he has had all along, so Humum thought it might be irritating his stomach. But she thinks it might be worth trying again alongside Zantac / Ranitidine. Although he seems a lot more comfortable now and his eating and pooping is a lot better so she is not quite so concerned about him having pain relief.

Tuckerbunnies wrote:

Sorry Sparky yes it does help prevent ulcers I was thinking you meant pain relief like Metacam I do apologise Sad

I've this which is always worth keeping in your favourites list http://www.burgesspetcare.co.uk/excelfeedingplan/pdfs/vets/rabbit/Rabbit%20Articles%20-%20Drug%20Tables.pdf

hope it opens ok.
You're right Maysie, I didn't explain myself very well before Embarassed

Thankyou for the link - that's really useful and now in my favourites Thumbs Up
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:37 am

Ranitidine is what my vet prescribes for Bruce. When he is holding his belly low I immediately get some metacam and ranatidine into him. Then maybe 30 mins to 1 hr later he gets some warm water. And if he still shows no sigh of perking up after another hour he gets a little very watery recover made with warm water. Generally I find him this way in the evening and so I have to go to bed. He is normally much better in the morning.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:28 pm

Taffy is doing really well on the EC side - his posture is much, much better, his tummy is almost back to being round instead of pinched in and he is eating (and pooing) better.

But he has been really snuffly this weekend so the Hu-parents are going to get him into the vets tomorrow and he'll probably have to have his anti-biotics. At least they are by injection so should not have an adverse affect on his tummy.

He seems bright enough, although he gets upset at not being able to wipe his nose properly as he can't prop himself up on his back legs, poor little mite. Humum offered him a tissue and got a disgusted look for her troubles Laughing

Could we have some vibes for the snuffles to go away and let him finish recovering from the EC please? Smile
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:34 pm

sending mega snuffle go away vibes urgently Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:42 pm

Sending a mega load of vibes to clear the snuffles AND EC for the gorgeous Taffy Love
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:46 pm

Loads of vibes Hugs

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:37 pm

Vibes coming your way gorgeous boy.

I really hope these nasty snuffles will go away. Xxx
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:02 pm

Poor guy Sad As if he hasn't been through enough.

I hope you manage to scare the snuffles away.
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:22 pm

Hyper-Sonic Hare-Mail Squadron is on the way with anti-snuffle vibes along with vibesssss for a complete E.C. cure!

Hope you are soon back to your playful self Taffy!
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:52 am

sending top up vibes for taffy Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:53 pm

Lots of love on its way little one, we are all here for you.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:42 pm

Thanks all - the vet is really pleased with his progress Very Happy

He has a course of Alamycin and we're hoping that'll knock the snuffles on the head.

Hopefully by the end of the week he'll have all his meds finished except the injectable ones, which will be lovely as he's getting fed up with syringes in the mouth. This morning when Humum came in to do his meds he went and hid under his cushion Love Love Love Laughing
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:46 pm

ROFL ROFL ROFL I love taffy Love Love Love Love Love Love Love

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:51 pm

Oh God didn't know his snuffles had come back Sad

Glad though to hear the Vet was pleased with his progress Thumbs Up

Had to laugh at him hiding under a cushion, when Mike use to go to give Helen and Baby Saint their Panacur they both would run
into their wooden hidey box Laughing Laughing

They are not daft are they.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:02 am

Poor Taffy! Mega get well vibes coming at ya via Hare-Mail Express!
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:02 am

Sending cuddles for Taffy.

I'm really glad the vets are happy with his progress Hun.
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:41 pm

Lots of vibes for Taffy
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next