Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vibes please for Big Girl Tia/ Blood clot..PTS :-(

+18
Velvet.Tears
JoeyBunsMum
Sue_pawz
Big Ears
icedancer
KatieB
Thumper2001
Rachel&Nibbler
jolovesbunnies
Sixer
FluffSlave
thezookeeper
paullp
fiver
Sparky
gentl
BellaPickleFlopsyLily
Tuckerbunnies
22 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Vibes please for Big Girl Tia/ Blood clot..PTS :-( Empty Vibes please for Big Girl Tia/ Blood clot..PTS :-(

Post by Tuckerbunnies Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:51 am

What is happening to our buns Sad

Tia didn't eat her breakfast and she's not eaten her tea, she's mouthing slightly so I think she needs a dental trouble is Tia has a heart problem and so every time she has a dental we are told to be prepared just in case Sad

We have Fudge poorly, now Tia is just doesn't end .

Mike gave her a brush tonight and trimmed her nails for her and I took these photos.
Vibes please for Big Girl Tia/ Blood clot..PTS :-( Photees007

Vibes please for Big Girl Tia/ Blood clot..PTS :-( Photees008

Vibes please for Big Girl Tia/ Blood clot..PTS :-( Photees009

Vibes please for Big Girl Tia/ Blood clot..PTS :-( Photees010

Vibes please for Big Girl Tia/ Blood clot..PTS :-( Photees011

Last edited by Tuckerbunnies on Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:43 am; edited 5 times in total

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Vibes please for Big Girl Tia/ Blood clot..PTS :-( Empty Re: Vibes please for Big Girl Tia/ Blood clot..PTS :-(

Post by BellaPickleFlopsyLily Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:05 am

Oh no Maysie i'm sorry to hear you have another poorly bunny Sad
Bless little Tia I do hope she shows some impovement soon and has some noms.
I'm sending tonnes of vibes for her and 'if' she does need a dental sending lots of vibes that all goes well sending Hugs Hugs x
BellaPickleFlopsyLily
BellaPickleFlopsyLily
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 686
Registration date : 2012-10-18

Back to top Go down

Vibes please for Big Girl Tia/ Blood clot..PTS :-( Empty Re: Vibes please for Big Girl Tia/ Blood clot..PTS :-(

Post by Tuckerbunnies Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:21 am

Mike is just taking her blood glucose levels as she isn't good at all, I don't believe this is happening to us where are we going wrong Sad

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by BellaPickleFlopsyLily Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:25 am

Oh maysie i'm so sorry Crying or Very sad you're doing nothing wrong these things happen with special needs and dental bunnies. Your bunnies are so lucky to have you Hugs
Please try and stay calm , are you able to contact the emergency vets ?
Sending lots more vibes Hugs hugs:
BellaPickleFlopsyLily
BellaPickleFlopsyLily
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:46 am

BellaPickleFlopsyLily wrote:Oh maysie i'm so sorry Crying or Very sad you're doing nothing wrong these things happen with special needs and dental bunnies. Your bunnies are so lucky to have you Hugs
Please try and stay calm , are you able to contact the emergency vets ?
Sending lots more vibes Hugs hugs:

Thanks Jack Hugs

Tia's blood glucose levels are perfect so it's a dental problem I think Mike will ring the vet's tomorrow morning and take her down. I feel better now I know it's nothing serious but we will worry about her having a dental op with her heart condition.

Feel a lot calmer now Jack Smile

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by BellaPickleFlopsyLily Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:09 am

I'm so glad her glucose levels are fine , bunnies sure know how to make us worry. I do hope her dental goes well and she can get back to normal very soon . I know what it's like I always worried when Bella had to have an anesthetic or dental especially when she was diagnosed with heart disease it was in my mind but she was just fine , always was she coped amazingly well Love then there's Flopsy who goes into stasis after a GA I always worry in case he doesn't make it through . Tia will be just fine try not to much , I know it's hard not too . Lots of vibes Hugs Hugs
BellaPickleFlopsyLily
BellaPickleFlopsyLily
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:19 am

BellaPickleFlopsyLily wrote:
I'm so glad her glucose levels are fine , bunnies sure know how to make us worry. I do hope her dental goes well and she can get back to normal very soon . I know what it's like I always worried when Bella had to have an anesthetic or dental especially when she was diagnosed with heart disease it was in my mind but she was just fine , always was she coped amazingly well Love then there's Flopsy who goes into stasis after a GA I always worry in case he doesn't make it through . Tia will be just fine try not to much , I know it's hard not too . Lots of vibes Hugs Hugs

They certainly do know how to make us worry that's so true. Tia has had one dental before and she was brilliant after so I hope she will be ok this time as well. Faith and Pepsi always went into stasis after dentals and Fudge is still not eating properly after his dental, we find that most of our dental nethies do not eat after dentals for a few days to a week. So every time Fudge goes for a dental now we worry how long he will go without eating No

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:53 am

Sending Multiple Hare-Mail Squadrons for precious Tia! You know I have such a soft spot for Agoutis! Sending naval back up vessels too for good measure for get well teefers vibes!

Maysie, you and Mike are doing the right things. You have taken so many buns that would probably have been gone in a week or less had you not taken them and loved them back to health with such excellent care. Hugs
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:01 am

Lots and lots of vibes for Tia Hugs Hugs Hugs

Lots and lots of hugs for you two too Hugs Hugs Hugs

Maysie, there is nothing you do wrong - you take on buns with health / teeth problems and it is amazing that they do as well as they do, and the fact they do is all down to your amazing care Hugs Hugs Hugs
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:37 am

Update Wednesday 9:31 am

Ahh Thank's Sparky we try Hugs

Mike rang the vet's this morning and has took her down I'm just waiting really now for the phone call off Mike to say they have admitted her for a dental as she's not eating and she's mouthing so all the signs are of a dental. We are just worried about her heart and the op so another day of worry for Tia and Penny and wee Fudge.

I've ordered a huge box of Western Timothy Hay from the Hay Expert's for them all as they love it and I know all the dental buns will eat it, hopefully Fudge will as well.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:57 am

oh no just caught up,
sending mega vibes for tia and hugs for you maysie, Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs
you always do the best for your buns maysie hun don't ever think otherwise those buns are very lucky xx

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by paullp Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:49 am

vibes for Tia, such a beautiful bun! Hugs Hugs Hugs
paullp
paullp
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 789
Registration date : 2012-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:53 am

Update 10:46 AM

Mike has just rang he is on his way home..........with Tia! she has an upset tummy Shocked we usually know when it's a tummy upset but with her not eating and mouthing
we thought that it was a dental problem.

Vet said she will need a dental in a couple of months.

We are now thinking of taking all our buns off greens and putting them back on pellets as we have had nothing but problems. They are not on cabbage. We have had so many as well with dirty bottoms. Our vet said more people are now just feeding their rabbits with a few pellets and hay and have taken them totally off greens.

Glad she didn't have to have a dental Very Happy

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by thezookeeper Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:58 am

Ahh poor Tia I'm glad it's only an upset tummy Hugs Hugs
I agree with everyone you look after the buns so well Thumbs Up
I remember one of my friends guinea pig had the same kind of problem and they found out that she was eating to many green stuffs[spring greens,cabbage,etc].
They took her off it for a while and it seemed to cure the problem.
Sending tons of mega vibes to you,Mike,Fudge and Tia Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs

Last edited by thezookeeper on Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:05 am; edited 2 times in total
thezookeeper
thezookeeper
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1071
Location : In my rabbit hole reading with Jenna bun in Kent - England.
Registration date : 2012-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:59 am

I'm really pleased it is 'only' an upset tummy (sorry Tia, you probably feel rotten with it Hugs )

We feed 'greens' which are heavy on herbs and very little non-herb veg and haven't had an upset tum since we cut the veg down and increased the herbs. We feed very little of this even, maybe a palmful per bun, just to make sure they are getting all the micronutrients they need. Everybun (except me Rolling Eyes ) eats tons of hay too, and I have had to eat a bit of hay as Humum has cut my pellet ration down No

I hope Tia feels better soon Hugs
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:03 am

Sparky wrote:I'm really pleased it is 'only' an upset tummy (sorry Tia, you probably feel rotten with it Hugs )

We feed 'greens' which are heavy on herbs and very little non-herb veg and haven't had an upset tum since we cut the veg down and increased the herbs. We feed very little of this even, maybe a palmful per bun, just to make sure they are getting all the micronutrients they need. Everybun (except me Rolling Eyes ) eats tons of hay too, and I have had to eat a bit of hay as Humum has cut my pellet ration down No

I hope Tia feels better soon Hugs

That's what we feed more herbs than non-herb veg but I think we may give them to much as they have that twice a day Embarassed

If we do keep on the herbs I think we will have to give very small amounts.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by thezookeeper Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:09 am

Yes I think that's very good idea Thumbs Up .
I give my two half a cup of veg a teaspoon of fruit and a nice little amounts of herbs.
They really seem to like Basil,Card,Parsley,dill,etc. Very Happy
Sending vibes Hugs Hugs Hugs
thezookeeper
thezookeeper
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1071
Location : In my rabbit hole reading with Jenna bun in Kent - England.
Registration date : 2012-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:37 am

Oh gosh, I am so glad that beautiful Tia is ok!

Sending lots of vibes for her tummy upset to go away swiftly Hugs

And Hugs for you, too. You and Mike do a wonderful job for all of these needy buns, and don't you ever think otherwise!
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:55 pm

awww poor tia sending get well tummy vibes Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by BellaPickleFlopsyLily Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:17 pm

Im so glad she does not need a dental yet and its 'only' an upset tummy, Im sending loads of get well vibes for her Hugs Hugs

I do not feed any veg here, Lily and Flopsy very rarely get herbs either as they have sensitive tums. Pickle and Pixie are fine with veg but I don't really give them any either however they do enjoy their herbs Very Happy

BellaPickleFlopsyLily
BellaPickleFlopsyLily
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:45 pm

Am glad Tia doesn't need a dental today and am sending vibes that her tummy is soon back to normal.

What's Honor's view on conscious dentals? I currently wouldn't want to have this carried out, especially with my buns with teeny tiny mouths. I wonder if I would change my though mind if frequent dentals were needed in a bun where a GA is more than the usual risk.
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:02 pm

I have a bad tummy too today love, so the little darling has my sympathy.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel&Nibbler Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:18 pm

I'm sorry I missed this as well but so pleased that it is nothing sinister.

I think Sparky said it perfectly, you and Mike are never to blame, you do a world of wonders for all of your buns Hugs
Rachel&Nibbler
Rachel&Nibbler
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2379
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:58 pm

Sending tummy settling vibes for Tia! I'm glad she didn't need a dental yet.

I Love Tia!
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:14 pm

I hope Tia is feeling better soon Sad
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next