Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sparky - I really need help (long post)

+14
Rachel&Nibbler
SarahJane
paullp
Sixer
gentl
KatieB
NickieM
Big Ears
iiisecondcreep
Thumper2001
Amelia66
FluffSlave
fiver
Sparky
18 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Sparky - I really need help (long post) - Page 2 Empty Re: Sparky - I really need help (long post)

Post by Sparky Tue May 07, 2013 9:29 pm

They had an hour in the pen outside. There was some scuffling but as long as they did not lock on and Sparky was not getting too stressed I let them get on with it. They did settle right next to each other at times, but again if Theo then moved Sparky would lunge. I got some dirty looks from both of them Laughing

When I brought them back in I put them in the upstairs bit of their pen for twenty minutes or so and they were ok, but I separated them again as I won't leave them alone together yet.

They got fed their treaties right next to each other through the bars. Theo wolfs all his food and was then pounding on the mesh because Sparky has some left - she eats slowly and likes to have pellets available to graze on through the day. I have to give some thought to how to manage this when I get them back together (which I will Twisted Evil as long as there is no medical reason for not doing so).

At this moment - she is flopped out right up against the pen as close to him as she can get Rolling Eyes

Half the time I am sure she is just messing with me Suspect
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Sparky - I really need help (long post) - Page 2 Empty Re: Sparky - I really need help (long post)

Post by NickieM Tue May 07, 2013 9:43 pm

She and Sasha would make a really good team! so bloody awkward.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Wed May 08, 2013 2:09 am

Sending vibes for our beloved Sparky. I hope things sort themselves out quickly and in a positive way. Theo is, after all, a rare mini black lop-eared tiger and must be pampered!
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Wed May 08, 2013 10:31 am

I hope they settle soon xx
how is sparky doing now Hugs Hugs Hugs

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Wed May 08, 2013 10:53 am

This is one of those occasions when you wish you you could sit her down and have a good chat about why she is behaving the way she is...

Let me know how that goes ....
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Wed May 08, 2013 10:56 am

Now I have a vision of Sparky lying back on a couch and being psychoanalysed. Laughing
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Wed May 08, 2013 4:32 pm

How did the night go? I hope all settles soon. They both need each other. Sparky Love and Theo Love make such a darling couple.
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Wed May 08, 2013 5:26 pm

They're fine as long as there is a barrier between them - they'll sit either side of the mesh, right up against each other Rolling Eyes

It's a bit too cool and damp to put them out in the pen tonight so I need to come up with a Plan B...
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Wed May 08, 2013 7:42 pm

Good luck with plan b hunni xx
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Thu May 09, 2013 5:11 pm

Plan B was on the landing with all the doors shut and me sitting on the top step. It seemed to be going ok, some minor scuffles but then some grooming of each other and laying by each other. Until a bit more of a serious scuffle broke out and Sparky ended up just starting to have another fit Sad but I got her before it developed very far and she came out of it much more quickly. She looks a bit miserable today so I'll nebulise her tonight.

I'm waiting to hear from a behavourist, the RWAF vet and our own vet. I won't be putting them together again until I have.

On another note, Theo (remember, the bun who could not jump out of the litter tray) jumped out of the top level of the pen this morning. Three C&C panels, almost 3'6" high Shocked He's fine but I had to block him off from going upstairs so I could go to work, and I'll have to do some pen mods tonight No
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Thu May 09, 2013 5:19 pm

I'm sorry to hear it happened again Sad

I hope you hear back from the vets etc soon Sad
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Thu May 09, 2013 5:32 pm

Oh dear - I'm sorry to hear she almost fitted. Bless her heart.

Sending you hugs and nose rubs for the gorgeous twosome.

KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Thu May 09, 2013 7:47 pm

I'm sending vibes and nose rubs to them both. And calming vibes for you! Hugs
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Thu May 09, 2013 9:23 pm

Oh dear, I am so sorry that things are not going so well for Sparky and Theo. I hope you get some answers and/or advice soon xx
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Thu May 09, 2013 9:38 pm

Sorry to hear that things are still fraught between them. I hope you get some answers soon.

I found that my buns actually climbed UP the grids. If they are quick they can up and over. The first time it happened I was really stunned. My pens now have to have roofs to keep them in!
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Fri May 10, 2013 9:13 pm

How are things?
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Fri May 10, 2013 9:20 pm

Not so bad. Theo has been out on the landing for a play, and Sparky took it upon herself to go in the pen so she got shut in so Theo could have some runaround time in the office too Laughing

I've swapped them back and now Sparky is running all over the place sniffing everywhere Theo has been. I don't know why she's so fascinated - she stays next to him most of the time so she knows what he smells like...

They're both fairly content and can have lots of attention over the weekend anyway. No sign of any fitting from Sparky Smile
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Fri May 10, 2013 9:35 pm

Glad there's no sign of fitting bless her. She sounds like she just doesn't know what she wants bless her.

I really hope you can get to the bottom of this hun.

Sending loads of positive vibes :-)
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Sat May 11, 2013 4:59 am

Maybe Sparkykins wants a harem? Twisted Evil
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Sat May 11, 2013 10:10 am

Theo broke out of the pen at 6.15am, so there quite a scuffle going on by the time I leaped out of bed No

The good thing is, I was fully expecting Sparky to be fitting when I got to her, and she wasn't. Whether this is because she had more room to run away rather than 'having' to fight, I'm not sure.

She's perfectly happy anyway, we currently have bunny 500s all round the upstairs Laughing

gentl wrote:Maybe Sparkykins wants a harem? Twisted Evil
Something that has crossed my mind is whether adding a third bun would actually help - Sparky was never happier than when she was bonded with Molly and Rosie so perhaps she would actually like another doe. The problem is that the does we have who are currently single are probably not suitable. Reggie (Taffy's partner) is similar to Sparky - very nervous and skitty. She's just had a failed bond attempt with the quad. Then there is Poppy, who is not yet spayed and is hyperactive - as she is now she would not be able to live indoors, how much she settles once spayed remains to be seen.

I would not do anything until we get a lot further down the investigation route anyway.

I'm increasingly convinced that the trouble starts with Sparky and is behavioural rather than medical, but we will see....
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Sat May 11, 2013 9:10 pm

Oh dear Sad

I'm topping up vibes and hugs for all those who need them at your warren Hugs
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel&Nibbler Tue May 14, 2013 4:55 pm

I'm sorry I missed this and sorry to hear you are having these difficulties. I do hope that the cause is found out soon enough and they can be back together soon Hugs
Rachel&Nibbler
Rachel&Nibbler
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2379
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Tue May 14, 2013 5:54 pm

Any progress?
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Tue May 14, 2013 8:10 pm

I'm another wondering how Sparky and Theo are getting on now. Any news?
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Father Jack Tue May 14, 2013 9:22 pm

They are on a trial separation in semi-detached pens. I'm sure humum will be along with all the details soon Smile

Hudad thinks Sparky has a screw loose, or more accurately, not one screw fully tightened Laughing
Father Jack
Father Jack
Forum Ambassador

Number of posts : 1639
Registration date : 2011-08-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next