Bottom Baths - advice please

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bottom Baths - advice please

Post by KatieB on Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:54 pm

So I think because of the horrible heat annie has now got a runny bum - I went home at lunchtime to syringe her some water and wet the sheet over their run and things and she had obviously laid in it.  

I think its a combination of the heat and the fact that I gave her some cold apple to help cool her down.

So ive managed to clean her up as best I can but will need to give her a proper botty and undercarriage bath tonight - so I have two questions

1. when I give her a botty bath - should I put something in it....I have some baby shampoo????

2. will I need to re-do her rearguard?

3.  when i had doggies I used to wash any wounds and things with some pink liquid that I got from the chemist - I think it had antibacterial properties but was animal safe....does anyone a) have any idea of what this could have been called and b) know if it would be okay to use on buns.

I never thought id hear myself say it ....but I wish it would cool down!

Katie, Daisy B, Charlie & Annabelle x
KatieB
Admin

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Bottom Baths - advice please

Post by fiver on Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:00 pm

yes when I do bluebell I use a little antibacterial bunny shampoo give a good wash and rinse afterwards but I would think baby shampoo will be ok Thumbs Up 
obviously make sure they are dried well and watch out they love to share bath water Laughing Laughing 

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB on Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:05 pm

thanks rob!

Dont worry I have my wetsuit and snorkel at the ready!

KatieB
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver on Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:07 pm

Laughing Laughing 

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies on Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:39 pm

Oh bless, Binky has had a couple of botty baths and I use baby shampo and its seems fine. Ha ha Fiver love, you are right there, they love you to have a bath at the same time LOL!!

Hugs

Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11394
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky on Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:46 pm

When Taffy had to have fairly regular botty baths, he much preferred it being done in the bathroom sink than in the bath. He fit just perfectly with his front paws up on the edge. Humum could get her left arm around and under him with his head semi-tucked under her arm, and use the right hand to clean him up down there by feel, without worrying too much about seeing how clean he was.

Being put in an inch of water in the bath was far more scary and made him a lot harder to hold onto.
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver on Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:57 pm

How did bath time go!!

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies on Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:38 am

We have a couple of these baby top and tail bowl's you can usually buy they for a few pound, we got our's from Wilkinsons a few years ago and they come in so handy for washing dirty bottoms. We add a very very small amount of Hibiscrub ( this is pink stuff) in the water and just gently bathe the bottom with some cotton wool dipped in the water and then we usually have clean warm water in the other side of the top and tail bowl and sort of rinse it off with the clean water but we always dry the bottom thoroughly after.

These are the bowls we use http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BABY-TOP-AND-TAIL-BOWL-CLEAR-LILAC-TOP-TAIL-BOWL-BRAND-NEW-/221155091438

Hibiscrub http://www.vetuk.co.uk/veterinary-supplies-hygiene-and-sterilisation-c-141_268/hibiscrub-antiseptic-solution-p-1333 you can get it on ebay as well.

Yes I think I would Rear Guard again after.

If you use Hibiscrub make sure you make a very weak solution of it to wash bunny bots Thumbs Up

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB on Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:34 am

Ahhh hibiscrub thats what it was!

We used a shallow new litter tray with hust an inch of water and I did what you suggested Sparky and just did it by feel with a soft sponge.

I was worried she would be beside herself but she was ok - not happy - but better than I expected. We just used a very small amount of baby shampoo in the end and I re-rearguarded her this morning. Poos seem to have firmed up too.

I am normally such a sun worshipper but im blimmin sick of it now.

Their new pen should arrive today so I can bring them inside tomorrow hopefuly and pop Daisy in his pen in the front room....will be a bit of a pain but at least I know that they will be cooler!

KatieB
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies on Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:54 pm

I hope the pen arrives soon hun and I agree, it is just too ......hot now. I actually need to get some more hibiscrub as it is so handy.

Lots of loving vibes are on their way lovey.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11394
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down