House rabbits - RO Autumn 13

View previous topic View next topic Go down

House rabbits - RO Autumn 13

Post by cheryl'n'bruce'flo on Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:26 pm

Discussion area for article from Rabbiting on Magazine. Please don't quote directly from the article as that is the property of Rabbiting on. This is an area for further discussion on the topic.

Skirting boards - that's all I really have to add!Laughing 


avatar
cheryl'n'bruce'flo
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Gender : Female
Number of posts : 7837
Age : 38
Location : Cornwall
Registration date : 2011-08-05

Back to top Go down

Re: House rabbits - RO Autumn 13

Post by NickieM on Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:14 am

Bloody massive holes in carpets balanced with sitting side by side watching TV (ok just me watching TV)


avatar
NickieM
Admin

Gender : Female
Number of posts : 14524
Age : 55
Location : Elgin, Scotland
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Re: House rabbits - RO Autumn 13

Post by KatieB on Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:11 am

Rugs and sofas!

Hay up the Hoover and everywhere you look!

But cheeky faces and snuggles and laughter and loveliness!

I think house buns are fab - however I wouldn't have another one!!

It's difficult to go away because very few places have the facilities for house bunnies.

Wouldn't change my Daisyb for the world though xx


Katie, Daisy B, Charlie & Annabelle x
avatar
KatieB
Admin

Gender : Female
Number of posts : 17265
Age : 42
Location : Hampshire
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Re: House rabbits - RO Autumn 13

Post by Sparky on Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:32 am

Wallpaper Very Happy 

Balanced by mad binkies across the living room Laughing 
avatar
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Gender : Female
Number of posts : 8037
Age : 105
Location : Outside Theo's baby gate
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Re: House rabbits - RO Autumn 13

Post by Thumper2001 on Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:24 pm

I'm the opposite of Katie, despite the destruction, I couldn't have buns live outside now. I hated every minute of Thumper living outside but I had no choice as it was my parents house. I can totally understand your reasoning tho, Katie Laughing

I actually have a confession in this department... I've never really rabbit proofed. I've only ever blocked off entry to places using their things. I'm more in the camp of teaching them they aren't allowed somewhere. On the whole it works.

Thumper only ever chewed a few things and that was when she was quite young. Molly and Junior are another kettle of fish (!) but they are very clever and have learned to stay away from the "dangerous" places. One or the other visits down the back of the tv unit twice a week. Saturday mornings and Sunday mornings. This is their way of telling me its time to go to bed! They go down there and sit, I open the living room door and they run off to bed! The tv is soon to be on the wall. Going to miss this little game Sad

Edit: The router is cable protected, simply because of where it is. The Xmas tree is done too, it's far too exposed not to!
avatar
Thumper2001
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Gender : Female
Number of posts : 13220
Age : 33
Location : In a mad house!
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Re: House rabbits - RO Autumn 13

Post by jolovesbunnies on Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:25 pm

Binky isn;t a chewer as Snuffie was for which we are very grateful LOL. As for hay getting everywhere, indeed, it goes get literally everywhere

Pellets in my bra and even more unlikely places but it is so worth it.

Hugs
Jo xx
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Gender : Female
Number of posts : 11456
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Re: House rabbits - RO Autumn 13

Post by gentl on Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:32 pm

With Rory it has been he just doesn't get the fact that he is supposed to use the litter box. He uses it most of the time for pee in 'his' room. We keep him in our master bath at night. The rest of the day tho-the living room is his litter box! Hubby has to vacuum every day at least once...and he backs up and pees against anything that has a corner. He doesn't spray but backs up and puts up that little tail of his and we know what he is doing. The brat breathes fast when he sits and poos so we can tell the difference. And then there is the Bunny 500 around the house when the poos just shoot out the bum but only in the living room! He can obviously control it.

BUT-We love Love  him and will continue to live in hope that he learns to use his litter boxes all the time. He's just so darn cute and a joy to watch and play with.
avatar
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Gender : Female
Number of posts : 6686
Age : 63
Location : Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, USA
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Re: House rabbits - RO Autumn 13

Post by nethie on Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:07 pm

be prepared for them to follow you around, whether it to the bathroom, now I had mabel follow me in the other day when I needed the toilet so she sat there looking lol
avatar
nethie
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Gender : Female
Number of posts : 2322
Location : far,far away :)
Registration date : 2008-07-03

Back to top Go down

Re: House rabbits - RO Autumn 13

Post by KatieB on Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:53 pm

nethie wrote:be prepared for them to follow you around, whether it to the bathroom, now I had mabel follow me in the other day when I needed the toilet so she sat there looking lol

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha


Katie, Daisy B, Charlie & Annabelle x
avatar
KatieB
Admin

Gender : Female
Number of posts : 17265
Age : 42
Location : Hampshire
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Re: House rabbits - RO Autumn 13

Post by NickieM on Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:58 pm

Thumper2001 wrote:I'm the opposite of Katie, despite the destruction, I couldn't have buns live outside now. I hated every minute of Thumper living outside but I had no choice as it was my parents house. I can totally understand your reasoning tho, Katie Laughing

I actually have a confession in this department... I've never really rabbit proofed. I've only ever blocked off entry to places using their things. [B] I'm more in the camp of teaching them they aren't allowed somewhere. On the whole it works. [b/]

Thumper only ever chewed a few things and that was when she was quite young. Molly and Junior are another kettle of fish (!) but they are very clever and have learned to stay away from the "dangerous" places. One or the other visits down the back of the tv unit twice a week. Saturday mornings and Sunday mornings. This is their way of telling me its time to go to bed! They go down there and sit, I open the living room door and they run off to bed! The tv is soon to be on the wall. Going to miss this little game Sad

Edit: The router is cable protected, simply because of where it is. The Xmas tree is done t🤣 oo, it's far too exposed not to!

ROFL  the bit about them just learning not to go where they aren't allowed!  this must have been written by Molly!


avatar
NickieM
Admin

Gender : Female
Number of posts : 14524
Age : 55
Location : Elgin, Scotland
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Re: House rabbits - RO Autumn 13

Post by BugsBunny on Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:04 pm

I have yet to have the joy of having Dougal roaming the whole house. he has the small bedroom atm but we are bunny proofing. He is very good for a young rabbit and apart from the wallpaper chewing once in a blue moon he is great. He does not destroy anything and he has the odd go at the skirting boards but when I say Dougal No he stops, or rather looks at me cheekily and tries again until I say no again and then runs off having a strop. I love his bunny strops, they crack me up. He also has a sly dig now and again at the carpet behind his cage and he thinks if he hides his body I cannot see or hear him, then I go Dougal No, and he peeks his head up a bit and looks at me as if to say, damn , she caught me Laughing Laughing Laughing , it is really funny but he knows it is wrong as before I say no at times he does that to check if I know what he is up to, clever little bugar.

We made a start on trunking and rabbit proofing as we have so many wires and electrical equipment in our house so it needs to be done but not got anywhere with it since the week befote last as I feel really ill atm and not up for it at all but we are hoping once I am better if we crack on we can get it done for next month, get Dougal neutered then when has recovered he can be a proper house rabbit. I do not fear him weeing everywhere or anything as he is brilliant at using the litter tray and does not spray or ewt. He does the odd poops about his room but not many. I would just rather make it properly safe and have do it after the neauter then I can keep hm in that room until he has recovered from it.

He is just so gorgeous and sweet that he just melts yer heart, so for that reason and his adorableness and cheekiness I would not have it any other way. He has to be our proper house bunny.
avatar
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Gender : Female
Number of posts : 2293
Location : Darwen
Registration date : 2013-06-07

Back to top Go down

Re: House rabbits - RO Autumn 13

Post by Thumper2001 on Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:28 pm

NickieM wrote:
Thumper2001 wrote:I'm the opposite of Katie, despite the destruction, I couldn't have buns live outside now. I hated every minute of Thumper living outside but I had no choice as it was my parents house. I can totally understand your reasoning tho, Katie Laughing

I actually have a confession in this department... I've never really rabbit proofed. I've only ever blocked off entry to places using their things. [B] I'm more in the camp of teaching them they aren't allowed somewhere. On the whole it works. [b/]

Thumper only ever chewed a few things and that was when she was quite young. Molly and Junior are another kettle of fish (!) but they are very clever and have learned to stay away from the "dangerous" places. One or the other visits down the back of the tv unit twice a week. Saturday mornings and Sunday mornings. This is their way of telling me its time to go to bed! They go down there and sit, I open the living room door and they run off to bed! The tv is soon to be on the wall. Going to miss this little game Sad

Edit: The router is cable protected, simply because of where it is. The Xmas tree is done t🤣 oo, it's far too exposed not to!
ROFL  the bit about them just learning not to go where they aren't allowed!  this must have been written by Molly!
So cynical! Wink

They are very clever you know Laughing
avatar
Thumper2001
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Gender : Female
Number of posts : 13220
Age : 33
Location : In a mad house!
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Re: House rabbits - RO Autumn 13

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum