Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Free Range Garden Time

5 posters

Go down

Free Range Garden Time Empty Free Range Garden Time

Post by Sixer Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:16 pm

Well, Chris and I have blown some money on putting up fencing along the back of the garden. Not only does this now hide the wilderness/weed jungle beyond the garden but it means the bunnies can have some free range time.

Gabriel, of course, is the most adventurous and couldn't care less whether Spring is out with him or not  Rolling Eyes Spring especially likes hopping in and out of the bushes. Or maybe she is hiding fron Chris - he laughed at her appearance as she having the most awful time moulting. Her rear end - admittedly on the big side, now looks even larger with tufts of fur hanging off it.

Herbie, too is enjoying the freedom, but is always closely followed by Hollie. Hollie, adores Herbie so I can't decide whether she is keeping close to protect him or to be reassured by him.

BJ has been used to free ranging for some time during clean out sessions. I have been able to trust him not to wander from the garden. He is also good in that he responds to 'Back up' when his time is up and he has to go back up onto the raised decking in front of his and Rosie's shed.

But as for Rosie Hmmm Up until now, she has never had the courage to jump down from the decking onto the grass. But now that she has braved it there is no stopping her. Unfortunately it seems she is a bit of a troublemaker and makes a beeline for Gabe and Spring to antagonise them. I am having to fashion barriers to stop her from getting to their run/wendy house - she has already nipped Gabe on the nose. And of course, unlike BJ there is no way she is going to return to the decking easily. And when she does she always treats me to a stamp and a heel flick. She is officially the stroppy moo of the bunch.

Interestingly, there is a small area of soil which all the buns dig in, poo in and scent mark nearby. It appears to be a communal calling card area.

I am really enjoying sitting watching the buns explore and enjoy the extra space Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Free Range Garden Time Empty Re: Free Range Garden Time

Post by dizzylynn Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:51 pm

Lol smokey has same problem with molting. He had a tutu.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3191
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:03 pm

Sounds like they are enjoying their time our doors! I'm sure they will give you hours of entertainment watching their antics!
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:43 pm

I could lose hours and hours watching them just go about their bunny business....first exploring, then once the territory is checked for changes moving onto looking for naughty things to do all the time with smiley faces :-) :-) its very relaxing and however horrid the day never fails to make me smile :-)

KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:31 pm

Great to hear the gang have been enjoying themselves so much Very Happy 

Humum spends ages up in the back window watching our outdoor lot mooching about in their runs. When they know she is watching they either play statues or beg for treats, but when they don't know they are being spied on it's very entertaining.

You do know it's about time we had some piccies of your lot, don't you? Scruffy moult or no scruffy moult.....
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down