Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dougals ear update

+9
KatieB
marleyNfriends
Yorkshire Debs
fiver
jolovesbunnies
Sparky
NickieM
Littleboots
BugsBunny
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Dougals ear update Empty Dougals ear update

Post by BugsBunny Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:22 pm

Hi everyone

sorry i have not been around as much, not been well etc but this is about our baby Dougal, can we please have the HH mega vibes for him tomorrow please? he is getting neutered and he gets so stressed at the vets and never been left before so I am so worried for him on how stressed he will be. I hate seeing him like that, he really does not like going in the car or the vets especially. poor thing, he is such a sweet natured good boy too, I wish we did not have to put him through the stress as I feel like we are punishing him but I know it is for the best and he needs to be neutered and that we are not.

We are so proud of him he is such a good bun and a little lovey, to say he has not been neutrered yet I canot get over how good he is. He has never sprayed pee too so that is amazing.

I also cannot beleive he is 8 months old too already, gone so fast.

Last edited by BugsBunny on Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:50 am; edited 6 times in total
BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2293
Registration date : 2013-06-07

Back to top Go down

Dougals ear update Empty Re: Dougals ear update

Post by Littleboots Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:49 pm

Sending lots of vibes for Dougal Hugs 
Littleboots
Littleboots
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2011-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:49 pm

Sending loads and loads of vibes for Dougal.  HugsHugs
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:48 pm

Loads and loads of vibes for Dougal Hugs Hugs Hugs 

Try not to worry too much, even the most stressy of our buns has soon settled down in the vets and been bright and alert when we have collected them.

Don't forget to do him a packed lunch with some nuggies and some of his favourite veg to tempt him after the op when he is still a bit groggy. Tell them if he would rather have a water bowl or a bottle. You can ask for him to be done earlyish too and he should be a bit more awake if you pick him up late afternoon. They'll advise you to look at his wound daily, but with Dougal this might just not be possible (unless you can get him to periscope for a treat - this worked with Mason).

And at least you can have confidence that you have a very, very competent vet doing the op. We've had three boys neutered in the last few weeks and they have all come home bright and alert, with teeny, neat wounds and all tucked into their food straight away.
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:58 pm

I am sending lots of warm vibes to you both love, he will soon be back home with you and fine.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:32 pm

sending dougal lots of vibes Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs 

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Yorkshire Debs Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:47 pm

Sending lots of vibes for the little man...and for you too.
x
Yorkshire Debs
Yorkshire Debs
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2011-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post by BugsBunny Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:43 pm

thanks guys and glas, much appreciated.

Thanks Amanda, it does make me feel better knowing they are competent vets indeed. I will get his stuff together in the morning and let them know about the bowl, I had already thought of that but glad you reminded me in case I do forget.

I can try let him let me check it but if he wont cooperate I will get him to periscope to peek. I will also be sure to ask them to do him early too.

Appreciate more vibes and the vibes we have received already.

BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:21 pm

Sending lots of vibes for a speedy recovery!!
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:51 am

hope all goes ok hunni!

Be brave Dougal!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by BugsBunny Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:07 pm

Our bun had done so well.

Vet told me this morn it would prb be ablout 3 when they phone for me tp pick Dougal up but I could ring to check on him any time. I phoned them at 1pm and he was awakem fine and been nibbling at his hay.

I was in middle of cleaning Dougals room, cage and rearranging it better for him and said that I would be thee within the hour and has he eaten and she replied yes he has been eating his hay a bit.

When I went to get him the vet who was lovely, I did not get her name but she took me and told me he was awake, alert, been nibbling hay and is totally oblivious to what had gone on and was very happpy. She explained the after care etc and gave me the loxicom and I mentioned he is a good bun and sweet as she said if he was humping things before it may take him a few weeks or so for him to stop doing that , so explained he never has. She said he is very sweet and lovely natured and I said he is a darling and so good, apart from the odd go at the wallpaper then he gets busted and pretends it was not him Laughing Laughing . I then got told he is very happy again and i mentioned he lets you do anything bar touch his legs and pick him up she then said oh he let us, we had him in our arms no problem, I said he is a monkey as he wont let me.

She then went to get him for me and put him in his box on the table where he looked very sad at me and I said the little monkey is sulking, so i said to Dougal you giving me the guilt trip look now arnt you? and that he is sulking and does not look happy but I have been told by the et you are so I know you are playing me. So he did this til we went out then when I put him safe and secure on the back seat next to me I said oh sulky , hi Dougal babes and he turned his back to me, all I could see al the way home was bunny butt as if he was telling me to kiss it Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing . He turned his back on my dad too who kindly took us and tried to give him a treat Laughing Laughing Laughing .

I booked his 5 day post op appointment and then told her we are going to have fun with the meds and told her what we have to do and she laughed, I said he is a bugar and knows exaclty how to play me, he is nit stupid and he is seeing what else I throw in to let him have good noms, told her about the baby food she laughed again and said no wonder he likes that. She then said you behave yerself sweet boy when you get home and i said he will, only wallpaper gets it sometimes but he is a laid back lad he just will make me feel guilty.

He was home for 20 mins and had some carrot crunher, had a few poops, dunno about pee yet as I had not gotten round to cleaning that 1 but it was not filthy buthe pees in same patch a lot so he could have done 1 but now it is changed over I will know for sure. He had a little nibble at hay, not eating tons but he is coming round now as he has just gone insepcting his room and jumoed onto the half castle which I was hoping he would not, it aint that high but still. Anyway he got down and I have put a box next to it he can climb onto onto that and be safer. He also ran around the room like a loon away from for 2 laps until he realised it was me Laughing , he has come back into our bedroom now and he seems more alert so please can we have mega vibes for this brave, sweet, very good boy bun to keep well and start eating more and wee etc. he has had a drink too.

cheers cheers 

BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:31 pm

It sounds like he is in fine form. We've always found that boys bounce back really quickly, after the initial sulk Laughing 

Dougal, you take it easy for the next day or so and heal up quick Hugs Hugs Hugs
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:35 pm

Aww sounds like the little lad has done brilliantly bless him. Sending him a nose rub.

Also tell him to rest a bit! little monkey!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by BugsBunny Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:37 pm

Laughing Laughing  thanks katie and sparky, he is a laid back bun but he is energetic too and loves to hp about, jump on things, run etc so it may be difficult but will try and stop him and tell him.

I think it is because I rearranged his room and I know buns do not like change but it is a lot better and way tidier too.

willl keep you all updated.
BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Littleboots Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:29 pm

So glad hes ok..... sounds like hes done really well
Boys usually bounce back quickly .... Well done Dougal Very Happy 
Littleboots
Littleboots
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2011-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:14 am

awww good boy dougal sending healing vibes Hugs Hugs 

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:51 pm

Vibe top up for Dougal!! albino
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:24 pm

Aww I'm glad everything has gone ok for Dougal, just make sure he takes it easy for a couple of
days while he heals,

Sending 'good healing ' Vibes xxxx

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by BugsBunny Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:16 am

[quote="Tuckerbunnies"]Aww I'm glad everything has gone ok for Dougal, just make sure he takes it easy for a couple of
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing  he does not know the words take it easy, he is nits. But thanks Hun.

Sorry I have not been on , past few days i have been so tired, ill (been feleing ill for months now) and my depression has been klcking in but not as bad today but still there and will explain and why and update you on our mad little king. He is okay btw so not worries but will explain the story now.

As you all know when Dougal got home and from coming round from the op he seemed great but thenI noticed he had not drank as he does this when he has been vets anyay, it takes him ages and I know his anestcetc was still in his system but as it got later and especially the next day I got worried as he was still not eating much and picing at things, he had eaten okay ish and having bits at a time but my concern was his hay, he seemed not to be that interested and he has always been good at eating hay. He also usually drinks loads and he had barely touched it so it got to the afternoon and I phoned the vet but had to wait for them to call back. I had not had much sleep with worry that night before and not justbecause of Dougal but my husband woke me up as his heart was feeling very weak as he has marfans and gone through a lot of operations. I will post a thread om this to explain when I get chance. Anyway I was worried sick, shattered feleig awful and had 2 men t look after, rabbit and husband. After a few hours of calling the vets they had not got back to me yet but Dougal had finally gone loo a bit more as he was not doing much of that either, drank and eaten some hay a bit too so I phoned up to inform them. ( oh and the morning this was going on I was so tired and felt yuk as I said and w#kept crying when went the bathroom so not to let ste see).  Did not want him to worry.

I got a phone call fromt he vet 10 mins after I had informed them as I needed her to call as I could not for the life of me get the bloody metacam down him, he is a darling but so damn stubborn. I eventually tried banana , i injected it into a small piece of banana with the syringe then I mahsed it up and he would not eat it at first but I knew he was off certain foods and sitll a bit picky so i left it on the floor on a dish for him and later he ate it and loved it. I had stocked up the baby food he liked ready but he was off that too but the banana worked and has since and he loves it, so much so he got hold of the plate and span it to me and tried lifting it to tell me he wanted more but did not do as did not want a sugar overlaod. he does not hesiate now to just nom it down in banana. i had also the first day given him fibreplex to help with not eating hay much at all for day and half and i think that may have helped and he loves that too. I put some on a carrot cruncher did not have to really as he loved it, was licking it off the cruncher Laughing Laughing .

He is fine now and since that day he has been so energetic and running, binking, jumpng about ( I know he shold not but he is nuts) keeps perisoping but always against a wall or the opposite way so i cannot check his wound and have not got a look yet so if I do not manage to y the afternoonI wil ring vets and let them know, I am just worried about that now, I just want to know it is not infected or anything, but he knows when I try and check it he hides it. He is so stuborn and clever , I cannot trick him Laughing . just worried though as I know it needs to be donel.

he is even more lively now , since most of yesterday and especially this morning, he keeps running about like a loon, jumping around, periscoping the worng way so i cannot look at his wound and getting uo to mishceif, since he has bee back, even the day I was most worried he has been going nuts for the wallpaper and this morning he was relelntless with it, the op has sent him overly mad Laughing Laughing Laughing , he also got on top of my ps3 on the shelf, pulled some photos and stuff off it, went for the wall again too, he has finally given up, sat with him upsaairs at, he is behind my chair. I think it was because for once I wanted to go back to bed once fed him and given himmeds and he was not having it today, yesterday he was but coud not as bloody handy men came to door to check boiler and gas etc and never phoned to say they where coming. Was not impressed at all and Dougal was nice and relaxed letting me get back into bed. Not this morn though, he wanted my full atteniton and his hudads and of course he had  it and got it.

I am stilol not well and tired and ste is the same so still got major worries, we see his cardiologist in liverpool next week. He also starts his online distance learning course for UCLAN next week, day before we go to appointment. Still a bit worried about dougal, with not seeing if he is healing okay but he certainly acting like it Laughing .

Thaks for all the vibes, love you all hoppers, you are a great help.

I will try update you tomorrow if I get chance.

If there are any typo errors I am sorry, tired and being lazy,

Hugs Hugs Hugs
BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:17 pm

Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs 

What a lot you have to worry about at the moment. I really wouldn't worry too much about Dougal though, from the sounds of it he is just fine (norty, but fine). Buns who feel rotten often struggle with nortiness Wink
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:25 pm

Top up loving vibes are on their way love.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by paullp Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:50 pm

glad the neuter went well. Sending lots of vibes for healing!
paullp
paullp
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 789
Registration date : 2012-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:11 pm

Give sweet Dougal Love a nose rub for me!
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by BugsBunny Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:34 am

Thanks for the reassurence hoppers

yep he os definately full of energy and I do not know if it is because he is punishing us but he has been doing it a bit again being norty , he takes it out on the wallpaper but apart from that he has been a little love. I have not even been shutting him in his bedroom at night since and he has been great. He is brilliant really as he does not destroy anything else and although full of beans atm he is not being norty. Although I have the fun of getting him into his carrier tomorrow for the vet check up, not loooking forward to that and he will major sulk when he gets back. I wonde rif the wallpaper will get it? Laughing Laughing 
BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:43 am

I would think so! haha

Nothing like hitting you where it hurts!

Whoever thinks that buns are stupid is nuts!

Im glad he is doing okay hunni x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down