Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vibes for Dougals infection- Update

+3
FluffSlave
KatieB
BugsBunny
7 posters

Go down

Vibes for Dougals infection- Update Empty Vibes for Dougals infection- Update

Post by BugsBunny Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:58 pm

Hi Hoppers

Please can we have some healing vibes for sweet Dougal

I had to get Dougal into the vets today as at about 12 last night I where storking him and felt something on his side. I parted his fur ajnd found a round white sore that when I took photos with the camera and looked at the photo properly was actually yellow. Luckily enough it was not 1 of the nasty mites and the 1 the vet was worried it could be as he had no other signs of any on his skin, his fur keeps fallint out of the infected area so just to be safe so checked it under a microscope but all was cloear of mites.

It turns out he has caught it somehow and I did not notice as with doing his ears and stuff he has been a bit skitish and since the neuter i did not want to bug him too much or groom him as much but with grooming him the night before it took some fur away and I was able to feel that and catch it last night.  i am wondering if he did it at the vets or here, no idea, othing sharp around that could cause it but he is an ebergetic bun so he could have caught it on anything but he had been licking that side a lot since the netuer, he does groom himself a lot so did not thing anything of it.

It is infected but nothing some cream twice a day wihich is bith antinfalatory and antbiotics in it for 5 days twice a day wont fix. He is brilliahnt in letting me put it on him, does not bother at all, knew he would not as he loves being stroked and groomed and having a massage so he does not bother at all, not like with meds or drops Laughing Laughing .

vet loved him, they all do, she said he is a very good rabit and a sweetheart and his skin apart form that part as she checked him all over for me inlcuding underneath as I asked her and even his neuter spot and ears and everything is great. Ears all well now and good skin. He let me lift himn 3 times at vets and hold him for the vet whilst she examined him underneath, he was great, if only he would do that at home Laughing Laughing Laughing .

Last edited by BugsBunny on Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2293
Registration date : 2013-06-07

Back to top Go down

Vibes for Dougals infection- Update Empty Re: Vibes for Dougals infection- Update

Post by KatieB Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:44 am

oh no! poor little Guy! he has been in the wars hasnt he.

Im glad its nothing serious though (although he might disagree) - is he letting you put the cream on ok?

Sending him some more nose rubs :-)
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Vibes for Dougals infection- Update Empty Re: Vibes for Dougals infection- Update

Post by FluffSlave Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:13 pm

Oh dear, poor Dougal Sad

I'm sending the little guy lots of vibes and nose rubs!

At least he's letting you put the cream on Very Happy Hugs
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:47 pm

Lots of vibes for Dougal Hugs Hugs Hugs 

I prescribe extra treats Smile 
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:15 pm

Loads of vibes for Dougal.

Back to top Go down

Post by paullp Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:53 pm

Vibes for Dougal! glad he being so compliant with his medicine!
paullp
paullp
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 789
Registration date : 2012-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by BugsBunny Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:08 pm

Katieb wrote:oh no!  poor little Guy!  he has been in the wars hasnt he.

Im glad its nothing serious though (although he might disagree) - is he letting you put the cream on ok?

Sending him some more nose rubs :-)
ye Katie thanks hun, he is great with me messing with his fur and skin and applying stuff, when he had his infected sore eye he let me bathe it, just no likes medicine in his mouth or being touched on his feet and lifted. he is great with anyhting else and the vets love him.

thakns everyone and Sparky he agress with extra treats and since his neuter and war wounds he is doing indeed and loving it Laughing Laughing .
BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by BugsBunny Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:30 pm

Dougal seems great and has been norty a bit today, I have put a post on about it. His infeciton still looks the same but I think it will take time to go away and the cream must be working as he is even mor lively and not licking it a lot. He is brill with his gel, he lets me put it on no problem at all.
BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:07 am

Good boy Dougal! Love  You are such a big boy for letting your Mommy handle you and put the medicine on your side.  You do what your Mommy tells you to do so you can get better.

Hugs to you for being so vigilant and catching the sore.  Nose rub for the Dynamic Dougal!
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by BugsBunny Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:57 pm

gentl wrote:Good boy Dougal! Love  You are such a big boy for letting your Mommy handle you and put the medicine on your side.  You do what your Mommy tells you to do so you can get better.

Hugs to you for being so vigilant and catching the sore.  Nose rub for the Dynamic Dougal!
Thanks Holly

He will not let me pick him up here, just the vets as he is too scared at the vets to make a fuss. I am happy I got to 3 times there though and will not give up working on it at home, in time he will let me handle him fully I know it, eventually.

He is so good with the gel, does not flinch and lets me look at it and rub it on np.

I just wish he would stop getting hurt, I am just so glad too that I felt it on him and checked, it does not look nice but luckily it is localside and not massive, it must be sore though but he does not seem phased , but he has not been licking there a lot since putting that on too and he is even more lively and playful so it really must be helping him.

The only time he would not allow me to put it on was with the gloves, he hates laxtex gloves, think they remind him for the vets so I just use a bit of a bandage or something put it on that ready then dab it on. It is dangerous to get on yer skin yous see. Without the gloves and using things to dab it on he is fine.
BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:44 pm

Darling little Dougal, you are a good and brave little boy and Auntie Jo loves you.

Hugs

Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by BugsBunny Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:09 pm

He says thanks auntie Jo and could he have another 1 of your nose rubs.
BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:18 pm

He is very welcome darling and I am sending him lots and lots of nose rubs.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:22 pm

Give sweetie Dougal a nose rub from his Auntie Holly
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by BugsBunny Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:37 pm

will do

Thanks Hun
BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down