Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your thoughts, guys?

4 posters

Go down

Your thoughts, guys? Empty Your thoughts, guys?

Post by FluffSlave Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:57 pm

I've been thinking of anything and everything I can do for Mojo these past few days, and it suddenly occurred to me that making them proper "house bunnies" (as opposed to bunnies in a bedroom) might work better for him...

This might sound contradicting but if I could create a base for them in our living room, it might well work. The house is dead silent through the day and nightime, and in the evening the only people who spend time in the living room is me and my boyfriend when we're here, watching a bit of TV. So actually, it would be a fairly tranquil room Very Happy 

I'm going to ask Mum if she'd consider it, however for it to even be a possibility I need any house bun owner's suggestions. I'd need to tastefully (I'm not saying "pretty", but so it looked neat and tidy) and relatively affordably bun proof a few areas of the living room for her to allow it.

These are:

I'd have to either stop them from getting under and around this...

Your thoughts, guys? Image_zpsd6a2ee12

If so, how would you block that so it still looked nice?

OR

I'd have to somehow bunproof this, which sits behind the unit...

Your thoughts, guys? Image_zpsb73cbe55

Again, how so?

The other problem is our telephone cable which runs along two of our walls and looks like this...

Your thoughts, guys? Image_zps8b0de114

Anyway of stopping them from getting at that?

Any help greatly appreciated guys! Hugs

I remember bringing them up here a few times and they seemed fairly chilled, but it was always a pain because I had to keep them away from the above problems Hmmm
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Your thoughts, guys? Empty Re: Your thoughts, guys?

Post by FluffSlave Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:13 am

U/D - forget this. I just realised that the dogs would then be able to get at the buns. Two Jack Russells. I'm not prepared to risk that Sad
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:43 am

Oh hunni,

Im sorry this idea didnt work out. Im soooo praying for a solution to come up for you.
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Father Jack Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:14 am

Can't you put the Chins in the living room?
Father Jack
Father Jack
Forum Ambassador

Number of posts : 1639
Registration date : 2011-08-08

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:36 am

Father Jack wrote:Can't you put the Chins in the living room?
Mum won't let the chins live in any other rooms because of how destructive they are. They demolish the skirting boards and obviously she doesn't want that in her living room.
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Father Jack Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:19 am

FluffSlave wrote:
Father Jack wrote:Can't you put the Chins in the living room?
Mum won't let the chins live in any other rooms because of how destructive they are. They demolish the skirting boards and obviously she doesn't want that in her living room.
Can you not create them an enclosed space using CC panels so that they are free range but still enclosed?
Father Jack
Father Jack
Forum Ambassador

Number of posts : 1639
Registration date : 2011-08-08

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:51 am

They'd still chew the skirting boards in their enclosed space, and I'd also have the same problem of the dogs hassling them like they would the buns. Chinchillas really need a big open space to exercise in, they can run very fast and jump very high, which they couldn't do in an "enclosure".
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by BugsBunny Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:42 pm

so sorry that plan did not work out, really do hope yiu figure something out, can you not have a baby gate there for when the dogs are about that area or do the dogs go all over in every room?

We have Dougals propped open so he can get in and out his room and have constant access but we shut him in when we go out and he has never gotten over it, or would the dogs jump it? I know that dogs roam about around houeses so could be difficult but cannot think of anything else. Like us we have dogs coming in and out at times and Akira my bro's syberian husky would have him so she has to come in and be kept on the lead when she does as we cannot put a gate at the bototm of the stairs as it is open at 1 side with wood panels going down big banister kinda job. I do not btoher about the black lab sam and he stays here amd everyhting as he wont go upstairs as he is too old and even if he did he would not harm a fly that dog.

Sorry not been much help there.
BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2293
Registration date : 2013-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down