Grrrrrrr PaH again!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Grrrrrrr PaH again!

Post by cheryl'n'bruce'flo on Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:55 pm

So I dropped into one of the local PaH stores to see if they had any large boxes of G.P. fibafirst. They did not.

But I also cast an eye over their buns, who had nothing at all to eat.

So I asked the girl on the desk, who was so busy on her tablet she did not look at me initially. She said they were going to feed them in a minute, when I countered that they required hay now she called over the manager. Manager says that they will be fed in a minute but they have just had their fruit and they can't be given too much to eat or they will get bloat. I countered that the problem was that they have hay that they need unlimited amounts of hay and as there was none left they had clearly been without for a while. The till girl chips in we have to measure it out and if we feed them too much then they won't have enough to last until morning. So you are obviously not giving them enough I say. Manager says we are going to feed them shortly but thanks for your concern (that's me dismissed).

Just so pisses me off - all they had to say was thanks for pointing it out we'll remedy it.

cheryl'n'bruce'flo
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7837
Registration date : 2011-08-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Grrrrrrr PaH again!

Post by Thumper2001 on Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:18 pm

Shocked There are no words.

They should be setting a bloody example!
Thumper2001
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 13208
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB on Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:45 pm

I think that deserves an email to head office or a post on their Facebook page Cheryl.

Not good enough.

Katie, Daisy B, Charlie & Annabelle x
KatieB
Admin

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl on Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:46 am

Katieb wrote:I think that deserves an email to head office or a post on their Facebook page Cheryl.  

Not good enough.

Agreed! !!!!!!!!
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Father Jack on Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:03 am

In that circumstance hudad would just grab a bag of hay off the shelf and give it to the buns Very Happy
Father Jack
Forum Ambassador

Number of posts : 1639
Registration date : 2011-08-08

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave on Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:21 pm

This is awful No

Like has already been said, these people should be setting an example to the public and any prospective/current bunny owners. Those poor rabbits...

I definitely think an email is needed here!
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by paullp on Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:49 pm

That is terrible Mad 
paullp
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 789
Registration date : 2012-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by cheryl'n'bruce'flo on Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:29 pm

Unfortunately I don't think it is worth an email this time.

If I were to complain what the head office would read was customer complains rabbits have no food and manager says she will feed them. The rest will be view as incidentals.

I feel you have to pick your battles with PaH head office. Whilst I know the information given was not good I am sure they will not see it that way.

cheryl'n'bruce'flo
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7837
Registration date : 2011-08-05

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM on Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:16 pm

It sounds to me like they have a budget for food and that the rabbits are being rationed.  When hay is such a cheap foodstuff, it should be unlimited.  I do think it is worth doing something about.  

They thought they were dealing with someone who knew little about rabbits so they could bull**** you, but unfortunately that is not the case.

NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14524
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky on Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:37 pm

cheryl'n'bruce'flo wrote: we have to measure it out and if we feed them too much then they won't have enough to last until morning.
Bullpoop do they. The hu-parents did the same once in our local P&H and got exactly the opposite attitude - the lady couldn't get to the shelf quick enough to get a bag of hay, rip it open and throw handfuls in for the buns. Yes, they should have had some in the first place, but we do find our local P&H are very receptive and the staff seem to genuinely care more about the welfare of the animals than many of the other stores we hear about.

Humum says she would be forced to write a semi-sarcastic letter to the store manager. She'd ask exactly what ration of hay they allocate to each bun, whether they keep track of each bun sold so they can reduce the ration accordingly at the next feed, how much the increase the ration by for the buns who have been there longer and so are bigger. And finally how they ensure the buns only eat their own ration Twisted Evil 

Father Jack wrote:In that circumstance hudad would just grab a bag of hay off the shelf and give it to the buns Very Happy
Thumbs Up Twisted Evil
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top