Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dougals urine thicker and white- worried- added photos

+2
KatieB
BugsBunny
6 posters

Go down

Dougals urine thicker and white- worried- added photos Empty Dougals urine thicker and white- worried- added photos

Post by BugsBunny Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:40 pm

Hi guys,

Sorry I have not been around much, been super busy lately.

I am worried about Dougals urine, it has always had white left over to clean when I have emptied his litter trays but lately it looks thicker white than normal. Do you think this could be bladder sludge? I will try and sort out the photo I took of it and get more if needed. He seems to be fine in himfelf and eating and drinking fine etc.

What do I need to bee loking out for?

I will try post the image before bed or tomoz morn if i do not get chnce.

Last edited by BugsBunny on Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:29 am; edited 1 time in total
BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2293
Registration date : 2013-06-07

Back to top Go down

Dougals urine thicker and white- worried- added photos Empty Re: Dougals urine thicker and white- worried- added photos

Post by KatieB Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:02 pm

Sounds like calcium in his wee - I wouldn't be too worried though hunni - make sure he is drinking plenty. What does his daily veg consist of?
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Dougals urine thicker and white- worried- added photos Empty Re: Dougals urine thicker and white- worried- added photos

Post by BugsBunny Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:17 am

He has always had it and I know it is calcium but it seems thicker and more noticable, even whiter.

he has different veg but he usually always has cabbage ( nott too much) , cauliflower ( small amount),Bit of brussel sprout, now and again he has beetrrot a bit of that, he has ocket now and again. i tend to change it up, sometimes he just has dired herbs, he has both when he is not having a smuhc veg, he has fresh mint, parsley etc, sometimes a bit of banana a small piece and a tiny blueberry, not on the same day. Thedried herbs are meadow mixes and dandelion etc. Some days i just give him dried herbs, other a mix, other days just veg. he has carrot now and again and carrot tops, but these are not that foten. oh and sometimes we get curly kale too. he has a nice amount but not too much, he gets a good blaance but maybe 1 of those is causing it. Also normal treats he gets once a twice a day. he gets 1 fenugreek crunchie, sometimes 2 and on the days he does not have those he gets a half a carrot cruncher, apple bake once a week and bettroot hard treat thing once a week and now and again a banan chip. sometimes he has the excel mixed veg herb dried stuff. You should see his treat tub lol, he has a small sotrage box full of them but I am very careful, make sure he gets enough but not too much, oh and now and again a small piece of alafalfa slims.

I will try and post 2 photos soon of it just to see what you think hun, thanks for getting back to me.

Hugs Hugs Hugs 
BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by BugsBunny Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:29 am

I havn't had time to mess with resiizing etc so just hope you can see it okay and load it up everyone. It is actually white, just looks yellow with the flash. the bits in it is hay he has moved uround the litter tray when digging, as lately he has taken to having a dig in his tray lol.

lick on them to make bigger and then it will show normal sixe once loaded up.

Dougals urine thicker and white- worried- added photos Fd2d41292313491

This 1 shows the correct colour, it looks thick to me, what do you think?

Dougals urine thicker and white- worried- added photos F466c3292314664
BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:01 pm

I hope he is OK hun.

Hugs

Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by BugsBunny Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:10 pm

thanks me too, duno wther to get him into fets , posted the fosted up to see whay the rest of you happers think Hun.

Thanks.
x
BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:35 pm

I really wouldn't be too worried - is it like this all the time or just at certain times of the day?
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by BugsBunny Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:01 pm

tbh no idea as he has back 2 nature litter, only see bits on top now and again and not the rest until I go to clean them out.

If he had baldder problems and urine infeciton would he be showing other signs? he has it all the time in bottom of tray but this seems thicker than normal, that is the only reason i am worried.

I am not sre wether to be or not.
BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:39 am

Make sure he has lots of water. Cabbage and Brussels sprouts should be no more than about 15 % of the diet (About 1 tablespoon per 2 lbs of body weight per day) because they are so high in oxalic acid. The House Rabbit Society says that if the white urine persists over more that a few days to consult the pet about the bunny's diet.

A bit of pineapple juice might be a goodly idea as well because it is so acidic. I hope Dougal Love is soon back to being OK very soon.
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:04 am

One of my guys gets chalky pee sometimes but it never really comes to much, and my guys eat very little in the way of veg Hugs
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:49 pm

How is the darling Dougal's urine today?
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by paullp Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:37 pm

hope dougal's pee is ok now
paullp
paullp
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 789
Registration date : 2012-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by BugsBunny Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:05 am

Sorry I have been AFK again, having soke health probelms of my own. Lat time I did Dougals litter tray day before yesterday there was not much of the chalkyness and I have cut down the veg, he idd not have tons but he loves cabbage so cut it down further to be sure the acid does not mkake him ill and it has worked.

Thanks for everyones help, if it happens again I will take another look at his diet, i am very careful withh im and did not start the veg til he was 7 months old too so I will be cautious always.
BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:48 pm

Hope Dougal continues to improve!
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:57 am

I hope all stays good now - I'm glad he's back to normal Very Happy Hugs
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:44 pm

Cuddles for Dougal!
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by BugsBunny Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:58 am

Hi all

sorry I have just been busy and ill and hubby aint doing well.

Dougals wee is not as thick now and not much of the calciium now so all good.

Thanks.
BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:46 pm

Glad to hear he is doing well bless him. x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:13 pm

Oh bless him, loving nose rubs to the both of you.

Hugs

Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:33 pm

I'm glad to hear it. Keep it up Dougal Very Happy
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down