Bonding problems after all

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bonding problems after all

Post by jolovesbunnies on Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:26 pm

Hello my dear friends, not very good news on the bun front. We had a friend for lunch on Friday and as soon as she came in the buns started fighting, it was awful. The friend who came also has a bunny and we think that maybe the smell of her bun which started them off. Ever since Binky has been attacking Holly and that lovely relaxed and happy bun atmosphere has gone. As I told you before, luckily Binks wonít venture into my bedroom so she has somewhere to go but I am gutted. I thought it was too good to be true. However it is now Monday and there is little or no improvement. All we can do is monitor the situation and just hope it turns out to be OK and do all the things which assist bonding. Holly is a gorgeous people bun and loves a fuss, however I was stroking her nose this morning which she loves and stroked her left side and she bit me. Now I donít know if he has actually hurt her on her side, there is certainly nothing visible but that doesnít mean she isn't bruised, or similar. It wasnít a break the skin bite but enough to make me jump. I did scream as you are supposed to but I think she is frightened, confused and feeling a bit defensive and who can blame her? They were lying down together, binkying and lying on their sides, I just cannot understand what has happened. I will keep you all posted and please send lots of bonding vibes. †Sad

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11569
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Bonding problems after all

Post by cheryl'n'bruce'flo on Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:34 pm

You didn't invite Binky's ex-girlfriend's hoomin over Jo? He has obviously got all whistful about what could have been!†Laughing

I would break out the spray bottle or clap loudly or indeed just scoop him up everytime he attempts to go for Holly. Or try confining them both to the pigpen for a couple of hours to encourage them to settle in a neutral space.

cheryl'n'bruce'flo
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7837
Registration date : 2011-08-05

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl on Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:35 pm

It sounds like the scent of the other rabbit might have been enough to provoke jealousy. I would think that some time would heal this bruised bond. †Hugs† I have faith that the gentleness and love you show your bunnies and their friendly personalities will prevail.
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies on Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:41 pm

Thank you my darlings for your kind words. I think you are right Cheryl, it was Sharon who came to lunch, oh dear, we can;t ban her LOL!

I hope you are right Gentl love and thank you for the nice things you say. they mean a lot to me.

Hugs

JO xx

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave on Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:44 pm

I really hope this blows over and eventually they bond properly for you, Jo Hugs
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer on Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:21 pm

I really hope things have settled down now. These bunnies don't know what's good for them sometimes.
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies on Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:20 pm

Thank you my dear friends, I think there is a small improvement today, I just hope it continues.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by paullp on Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:18 am

a similar thing happened to Patch and Daisy when Patch smells Myrtle (particularly her wee). Patch will get angry and attack Daisy but the last time they had a big bust up Patch came off much worse and their whole hierarchy has changed so Daisy seems more in charge (she humps him now) and they both seem much happier and settled.

It is worth persevering to re-bond them.
paullp
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 789
Registration date : 2012-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top