Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dougal is fine- vet check up went well

+2
KatieB
BugsBunny
6 posters

Go down

Dougal is fine- vet check up went well Empty Dougal is fine- vet check up went well

Post by BugsBunny Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:14 pm

Dougal got into the vets at 9:30 am today and she could not find anything wrong with him. She checked his teeth twice, listened for a good few mins to his gut and heart and looked in his ears, under chin, felt round his head and face, checked his fur and there was nothing obvious at all. She said he looks well and a good weight, his teeth are good and heart and gut very good too.

He is still very quiet though so I asked her if it could be what some of you guys said about shedding and stuff and she said it could be or it could be heating but I explained to her I do not put the heating on upstairs at all and it does go on and rarely it is low and for like 10-15 mins.

She said she is not too worrried as he is eating his hay and as long as he is eating that and drinking and going the toilet etc she is happy with him. I explained I check his poops etc and she was glad and said if any of those things chance then get hm back in. I also explained about his fgood and she agreed he could be off the pellet a bit cos of that. I said he is eating them, but he is picky with them and he does not scoff them all right away like he normally does, I got him a fresh smaller bag and he ate half and left half so I am also thinking he is full or tired or just a bit of shedding, he is not in a full malt as he had that not long ago and there's no fr clumps coming out of his back etc so it must be underneath. She said to keep and eye on him and if I am still concerned to get him back. She did not want to pump him with drugs or anything as she felt it would be unneccessary for him.

She also clipped his claws for me.

Let you know hoq he goes on this week and he is eating pellets, just slowerlike I said and he is eating his herbs but not all at once, with those he come back to them anyway through the evening.

My dad seems to think he is full too as when it was his bday he got a few things and 1 of them he finished yesterday was a hay mixed with stuff, hard roof off a small wooden hay rack type of thing , so maybe it is that. He is going toilet etc so I do not think we need to worry too much, I am just not used to him being so quiet.

Is my baby boy just growing up? , I hope he stays playful, he has such a funny and wonderful character and charm to him. Unless he is just tired lately and in a few days he is gonna be wild  Laughing Laughing .

He is brilliant when he goes the vtes too, such a good little pacient, if onyl he could be for me  Laughing Laughing , she was thurough anyway and good with him.
BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2293
Registration date : 2013-06-07

Back to top Go down

Dougal is fine- vet check up went well Empty Re: Dougal is fine- vet check up went well

Post by KatieB Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:35 pm

Glad the vet didn't find anything wrong Hun.

If keep an eye on him though for a few days xxx
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Dougal is fine- vet check up went well Empty Re: Dougal is fine- vet check up went well

Post by FluffSlave Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:28 pm

I'm glad your vet didn't find anything wrong with Dougal Very Happy

I'm sending a top up of vibes for him and you, though. They do know how to scare us, don't they? No Hugs
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by c.bolduan Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:29 am

Good to hear that Dougal is ok. Bertie always gets a bit subdued whilst moulting. Sending keep it up vibes. Wink 

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3124
Registration date : 2013-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:06 pm

I am pleased to hear this news hun. I am sendng lots of love to you both.

Hugs

Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by paullp Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:13 pm

glad Dougal is ok, lots of full recovery vibes for him!
paullp
paullp
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 789
Registration date : 2012-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by BugsBunny Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:27 pm

He does not look like he is matling though, but he msut be underneath maybe, it is strange, he is just being off and wierd for him.

I am happy that I got him checked out, cost us £27 or smething for that and nail clip but he is worht it and would pay any cost for him, lets hope ther is never any need for that though.

He seemed quiet again earlier this morning at 9am and he would not eat all his pellets again but at about 10:15 he eat them, very starange. He keeps scratchng a lot but he does not have fleas or anything, so it could be some nrew fur as his roots look dark. He is very shiny and much darker again now, when he was having his bad malt over winter he went lighter and was loosing tons of fur. I kept pulling loads out form him and brishing a load more out too and finding clumps all over the floor. Hee suddenly turned into the daft hyper fun bun I know once I refreshed all his hay and started cleaning. He loves me cleaning as he loves beating up the bin bag, kung fu bunny style  Laughing Laughing Laughing  it is well funny, thne he tried to get in it. He then duffed up the small dustpan and brush and as I was sweeping the big bits of hay form the carpter which is very hard to do, I do not know if anyone else has tried with a small dustpan and brush but it is freaking hard on carpet and have done this many times  Laughing Laughing Laughing . He stood on it and was kicking the hay back off making it harder to get up  Laughing Laughing Laughing . Then he did it again, then he flung the brush, then anythng I moved he was looking at me like that does not go there, what are you doing to my home humum. I lifted his castle to clean under it and anybody would think I had moved it and miles, I only lifted it, so he climbs under where I am lifting and starts nidging it, then when I closed one of his doors to clean under it he looked at me , nudged the door and looked at me again as if to say, why have you opened that  Laughing Laughing . he was jumping about and beng a loon and he just cracks me up when cleaning around him and he does not make it easy but boy is it funny. Made me feel way betteer too, later in day he was running around like a look as I could hear him when on the lo and then he was binking around.

Thie evening he ate 3 pellets when I put them in his bunny tree then walked away so I fished them out and put them in his cardboard bowl and he ate them, yer yesterday when I put tem in that he flung it, pettlers went flying everywhere and he refused them. I really do not know whay is going on  Laughing Laughing Laughing  but I am just glad he is okay.
BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2293
Registration date : 2013-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down