Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rosie, Dougal, Graham, Ronnie and Sparky :( ...

+12
jolovesbunnies
FluffSlave
Thumper2001
paullp
KatieB
Tuckerbunnies
c.bolduan
BugsBunny
Sixer
gentl
Amelia66
Sparky
16 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Rosie, Dougal, Graham, Ronnie and Sparky :( ... - Page 3 Empty Re: Rosie, Dougal, Graham, Ronnie and Sparky :( ...

Post by Sparky Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:09 pm

Thanks again peeps  Smile 

Graham seems a bit better, although she won't come down from the run so Humum is going to have a job on her hands catching her for meds later. Her head is no longer tilted. She'll see how she feels and might give her a syringe feed, as she did last night.

Roo has just had her meds. She looked a bit miserable but Humum thinks that might be because she is feeling better but is shut in the hutch with no run access. A few mre days of that won't hurt her, and she can have supervised free-range time at the weekend.

Dougal is showing a definite improvement Very Happy Still a bit snotty but not nearly so much.
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Rosie, Dougal, Graham, Ronnie and Sparky :( ... - Page 3 Empty Re: Rosie, Dougal, Graham, Ronnie and Sparky :( ...

Post by Tuckerbunnies Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:16 pm

I didn't know Rosie had an internal abscess oh Lord not nice at all I hope the meds shes on help and so sending her lots of vibes xxxxxxxxxx

Glad to hear Graham seems a bit better ( hope Humum can catch her ok )  Wink 

Poor Roo I'm sure she will cheer up when she is back out Bless her and that's good news to hear Dougal is improving  cheers 

Topping up and sending vibes from the Tuckerbunnies Warren to the Wood Warren xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyBunsMum Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:23 pm

Sending Rosie, Dougal and Graham lots of vibes. Good luck with all those meds!  Hugs 

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2784
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by c.bolduan Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:57 pm

Here are lots of more top up vibes for all the bunnies and hoomins too.
Glad that Dougal is on his way to recovery-keep it up  Thumbs Up Love Thumbs Up 

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3124
Registration date : 2013-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:19 am

SENDING MEGA VIBES FOR THE WOOD WAREN!  Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs 
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:46 am

Glad that there are improvements in everybun, is too using her leg any more than she was?

How is Humum? It's tough when you have poorly bunnies.
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:38 pm

Rosie is definitely improving. We're still worried about being able to get rid of it completely though.

Dougal is a lot better.

Although Graham's no longer head-tilty and is a lot less snuffly, we're pretty sure she is hardly eating. She's just had meds and a syringe feed and is in the nebuliser. She had a dose of Metaclopramide too. She'll be back out in the hutch half an hour before tea-time to de-stress, so if she is still reluctant to eat pellets Humum might have to make arrangements to bring her in over the weekend for some intensive nursing. If she can't get her a lot better by Monday she thinks they might be running out of options  Sad
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:56 pm

I am so glad to read these positive messages, I am sending lots of top up vibes and love too.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:39 am

Come on Graham! Mega vibes for the Wood Warren!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by BugsBunny Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:06 pm

I hope Graham picks up fast hun, you can do it little Graham.

Sending mega mega vibes for her and you and the rest of the warren.

Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs 
BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2293
Registration date : 2013-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by c.bolduan Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:35 pm

Vibes for Graham, as many as needed to make her eat. Wave Wave Wave 

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:34 pm

I'm sending loads of vibes for Graham Hugs

Please keep us updated xx
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:13 pm

Dougal: improving  Very Happy 

Rosie: stable but grumpy  Laughing (Humum does not dare put her back in a hutch with run access until she is off the meds, or she'll never catch her. She was expecting a nice weekend and would have let her free-range, but it has been chilly, wet and windy here  Sad )

Graham: was really touch-and-go yesterday. Humum got up to find her at the top of the run, the run covered in fur, Ronnie limping and Graham very muddy. They had obviously had a horrendous falling-out and that tipped Humum's decision to bring Graham in (neither she or Ronnie have any serious wounds; Ronnie's limp has cleared already.) Graham has been set up in a small, covered pen in the back bedroom where it is as quiet as possible because she is a bit of a stressy bun at the best of times. Yesterday morning she had the dropped-belly look of a bun in stasis and was obviously very uncomfortable. Humum gave her metaclopramide and metacam, syringe fed her every couple of hours, gave Graham her abx and panacur and forced her to have a hop round the landing a couple of times (while I glared at them both from behind a gate). By late evening she had not passed a single poop, although not showing any sign of bloating or blockage, and her food intake had been relatively low. (Also by late evening she was thoroughly fed up of Humum  Wink )

Humum had pretty much made the decision that if she got up this morning to no poop, Graham would be making her final trip to the vet today  Sad

There were poops!  cheers About a dozen small, hard, nothing-to-be-proud of poops, but poops nonetheless  cheers 

Humum has been out and bought huge bunches of herbs and some live herb plants and Graham is munching on a fair bit of that, she also seems to have had a bit of Fibafirst stick and a tiny nibble on very expensive hay. She's being pretty much left alone now as long as she is nibbling although Humum will give her a top-up syringe feed at med time, as much as anything to make sure she has had enough fluid. She looks a lot better than she did 24 hours ago, her tummy is not hanging so low and she is brighter with ears-up  Smile

She is still not a well bunny, and Humum is not sure what is causing her stasis, but she's got fight in her yet  Love
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:16 pm

I'm glad that Graham has picked up thanks to your humum's super care, Sparky Thumbs Up

I'm sending top up vibes and hugs all round Hugs
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:34 pm

Lots of cuddly nose rubs from me too.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by c.bolduan Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:17 pm

Lots of it all. Cuddles, vibes , well wishes, herbs and fennel to be really soothing on tummies. Get fennel tea and put a little in drinking water!? Sorry I'm just such a herbal freak Very Happy Hugs 

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:47 pm

I am pleased to hear Rosie and Dougal are holding there own  Very Happy Loads of vibes still being sent though as abscesses are really horrid  Sad 

I am even more pleased that Graham has picked up, poorly buns are even more stressful when they are stressy themselves. I wonder if Ronnie has picked up that she is ill and that is why there was a scuffle - Gabe had a go at Noo when her kidneys went awry and ditto when Spring was poorly before Christmas.

Blood tests may be an idea for Graham but I know only too well that is not an easy decision to make in a stress head bun.

Loads of vibes then being sent over Winter Hill xxx
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:00 am

Oh poor graham - sounds like a day from hell.

Im so glad to hear that she improved. How is she this morning?
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by BugsBunny Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:35 am

I am so glad Roise and Dougal are much better.

I am sorry about poor Graham and do hope she carries on fighting whatever is causing all this nastiness for her. Keep fighting little bun. It sounds like she has had such a rough time but your humum is brilliant and is doing everything she can, sounds like she is doing a wonderful job.

Mega vibes coming your way.

Hugs  Hugs  Hugs  Hugs 
BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2293
Registration date : 2013-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:47 am

BugsBunny wrote:I am so glad Roise and Dougal are much better.

I am sorry about poor Graham and do hope she carries on fighting whatever is causing all this nastiness for her. Keep fighting little bun. It sounds like she has had such a rough time but your humum is brilliant and is doing everything she can, sounds like she is doing a wonderful job.

Mega vibes coming your way.

Hugs  Hugs  Hugs  Hugs 

Couldn't have said it better!
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:14 pm

I'm sending a vibe top up all round Hugs
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:23 pm

Thanks again for all the love 'n' vibes, peeps  Very Happy 

All three seem relatively ok today.

Sixer wrote:I wonder if Ronnie has picked up that she is ill and that is why there was a scuffle - Gabe had a go at Noo when her kidneys went awry and ditto when Spring was poorly before Christmas.

Blood tests may be an idea for Graham but I know only too well that is not an easy decision to make in a stress head bun.
Humum is almost certain that is what has happened. Graham has never been all that nice to Ronnie and we think Ronnie saw her chance for a bit of revenge  No 

Graham is back at the vets with Roo on Thursday so we'll decide next steps then. She is eating 'ok' (not brilliantly) now so hopefully she'll pick up more over the next couple of days.

Katieb wrote:Oh poor graham - sounds like a day from hell.
Oh, Katie - it was awful  Crying or Very sad 

Every time I settled down for a nap, Humum came stomping upstairs again No I barely had the energy for my full night's sleep.
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:52 pm

I have had something similar like this before hun, only it has been the sick bunny who is doing the attacking, so as not to not show any weakness.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:05 am

How is everybun doing now?
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:24 am

Sending vibes!  Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs 
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next