Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A right pickle.

+3
FluffSlave
SarahJane
Sixer
7 posters

Go down

A right pickle. Empty A right pickle.

Post by Sixer Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:38 pm

This morning I got a phone call from a colleague on the tennis committee. Did I want two more rabbits he said. No thanks, said I, what has happened. I was handed over to his wife who thankfully was treating the situation more seriously. I have never spoken to her or met her before but she quickly appreciated that handing over unwanted rabbits to a rescue was not that easy, she has knowledge of the cat rescue situation.

It transpired that their grand daughter who has a female rabbit has come home with two rabbits from the college she is studying animal management at. This was against the advice of her family. She is hoping to go on to uni in September and leave the female with her grandparents. They are not at all keen on taking on more rabbits. The two new rabbits are 4-5 month old un-neutered males. On being plonked in with the female, who thankfully is spayed, she attacked them.

I touched briefly on bonding but said that the most important thing was to look into get the boys neutered as at some point in the future they would be more than likely to fight. A decision could then be made about bonding or rehoming and that I would try to help if I could. To be fair, the grand daughter was intending to get the boys neutered. I just wish she had thought this through more before bringing them home. Hopefully the grandmother who seems sensible will be able to sort this pickle out.

Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

A right pickle. Empty Re: A right pickle.

Post by SarahJane Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:47 pm

It's always the worst thing when you get "do you want any more rabbits" - you feel such dread!

I was running a stall for my jewellery on saturday and a girl (about 10) pointed out a rabbit necklace, and the Mum said "We dont even know where yours is do we haha" and i looked a bit alarmed and she went "Oh no its perfectly fine, theyre wild anyway arent they" so i had to explain ermmm no. (whilst being professional!)
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6018
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:21 pm

Oh dear  Hmmm 

Sarah Jane - that is unbelievable! I give props to you for being able to remain professional No
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:43 pm

Oh dear. This is someone who is studying animal management?  No

I hope the buns end up safe and loved, thanks heavens the grandmother sounds sensible.
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by c.bolduan Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:14 pm

Study of any subject does not neccessarily make it up. Maybe this will be a teaching hopefully study No Shocked Wink 

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3124
Registration date : 2013-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:08 pm

I am not the brightest bulb in the box but some peoples' lack of care for their bunnies really makes me mad. Well done for putting her straight SarahJane love.

Hugs

Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:29 pm

Is there any update on this? Smile
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:36 am

No - I did speak to the tennis colleague and about a tennis matter and asked how things were with the rabbits. He told me he was keeping out of it so I have no idea. Whilst I am off work I will try to speak to the wife. Any phone calls with the tennis colleague turn into marathons - he can talk for ever, so I try to avoid phone calls with him when I can.
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:47 pm

I wish there was some way we could support you in this love, please let us know how you get on.

Hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum