Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ear mites :-( update after VET visit 13/05

5 posters

Go down

Ear mites :-( update after VET visit 13/05 Empty Ear mites :-( update after VET visit 13/05

Post by c.bolduan Mon May 12, 2014 11:02 pm

Bubbles is having another moult so I tried to give her a all over after I got her back from the run.
As always a check and shreeek. Both ears have crusty patches and ugly grey matter. pale 
Off to the books but already guessing-ear mites.
Straight checked the other two- clear! cheers 
Thankfully we are booked tomorrow as our vet participates in the RAW and I had booked them in a while ago.
Never had this, no experience.
When I phoned Howard I sounded like a mum whose kids have head lice! Stammering some apologies and such nonsense. Hissy  HBWS 
Any tips, ideas and of course vibes for the little girl.
Bought her a bunch of mint on the way back from Warwick were I have collected the runaround parts! Love Love Love

Been to the vet this morning, all buns checked and vaccinated.
Some spurs found on Coffee and Bertie but no intervention needed at present, just to observe.albino 
Bubbles ears are not the normal ear mites as the scabs are on the top part of the ear.
All three to get a stat of Xeno and my Lady the full course.
Just to mention All staff fell in love with coffee as he was such a cutie and well behaved bunny investigating friendly and confident. He is a little to thin and I was told to give more food and treats! When has Sparky been for his check? He might be entitled to more treats too and I'm sure it would suit her!! Happy Dance Razz Hugs Love 

Last edited by c.bolduan on Wed May 14, 2014 1:01 am; edited 1 time in total

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3124
Registration date : 2013-07-23

Back to top Go down

Ear mites :-( update after VET visit 13/05 Empty Re: Ear mites :-( update after VET visit 13/05

Post by NickieM Mon May 12, 2014 11:11 pm

If you get onto it quickly, it clears up fast. Horribly itchy though.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Ear mites :-( update after VET visit 13/05 Empty Re: Ear mites :-( update after VET visit 13/05

Post by Guest Mon May 12, 2014 11:16 pm

Quick treatment is best plan of action. Don't be tempted to pick the scabs. Consider whether there is any pain and ask for analgesia if necessary. Treat the living area with Indorex.

Back to top Go down

Post by c.bolduan Mon May 12, 2014 11:16 pm

Just been researching! Som suggest to quarantine the bun! And the need to sterilise all enviroment. Not sure whether this is possible in our set up!
We will have to wait what vet says tomorrow. Poor Bubbles girl

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 12, 2014 11:19 pm

Indorex will do the job of sterilising the environment. You will just need to take all the buns out for a bit whilst you do it.

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Tue May 13, 2014 2:05 am

Oh, no! Sending no itchy ear vibes and for go away mites vibes.
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Tue May 13, 2014 4:28 pm

Oh dear, poor Bubbles Sad

I am sending her lots of non-itchy, non-scratchy vibes and hope your vet can sort her out really quickly Hugs
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Tue May 13, 2014 6:16 pm

Poor little love, I hate anything itchy. Lots of loving anti-itches on their way love and good luck tomorrow.

Hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by c.bolduan Wed May 14, 2014 1:02 am

See start of post for update! Especially Sparky bun!

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Ear mites :-( update after VET visit 13/05 Empty Update 16/05

Post by c.bolduan Fri May 16, 2014 9:29 am

c.bolduan wrote:Bubbles is having another moult so I tried to give her a all over after I got her back from the run.
As always a check and shreeek. Both ears have crusty patches and ugly grey matter. pale 
Off to the books but already guessing-ear mites.
Straight checked the other two- clear! cheers 
Thankfully we are booked tomorrow as our vet participates in the RAW and I had booked them in a while ago.
Never had this, no experience.
When I phoned Howard I sounded like a mum whose kids have head lice! Stammering some apologies and such nonsense. Hissy  HBWS 
Any tips, ideas and of course vibes for the little girl.
Bought her a bunch of mint on the way back from Warwick were I have collected the runaround parts! Love Love Love

Been to the vet this morning, all buns checked and vaccinated.
Some spurs found on Coffee and Bertie but no intervention needed at present, just to observe.albino 
Bubbles ears are not the normal ear mites as the scabs are on the top part of the ear.
All three to get a stat of Xeno and my Lady the full course.
Just to mention All staff fell in love with coffee as he was such a cutie and well behaved bunny investigating friendly and confident. He is a little to thin and I was told to give more food and treats! When has Sparky been for his check? He might be entitled to more treats too and I'm sure it would suit her!! Happy Dance Razz Hugs Love 
Ears look much better! Good news this is.
Now just observing the boys as both have got dental spurs. Coffees are quite bad and he is likely to need more surgery. With Bertie they want to wait and see as long as he is eating and not showing other symptoms. pale albino pale pale Love Love 

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Fri May 16, 2014 12:00 pm

Good news about the ears! Sending vibes for those teefer problems! May that all sort out without any complications or pain.
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Sat May 17, 2014 4:48 pm

I am so pleased abaout the ears love and I too send love and healing vibes for toofies.

Hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down