Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My old girl isn't doing so good.

+10
bunlover
FluffSlave
KatieB
Sixer
c.bolduan
BugsBunny
Tuckerbunnies
gentl
jolovesbunnies
SarahJane
14 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

My old girl isn't doing so good. - Page 3 Empty Re: My old girl isn't doing so good.

Post by FluffSlave Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:19 pm

Oh, poor girl Sad

I really hope the vet can help her out - please let us know what they say xxx

In the mean time, sending vibes and hugs to you, your Mum and Jelly Hugs
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

My old girl isn't doing so good. - Page 3 Empty Re: My old girl isn't doing so good.

Post by jolovesbunnies Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:48 pm

I hope all is OK darling, I am sending lots and lots of love.

Hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahJane Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:34 pm

She's gone down 1.8kg, she now weighs less than Pebbles. Sad

Vet is very concerned, he said none of her urine is scalding her, because we are keeping it clean with sudocrem and creating a barrier. But she is losing a lot of fur, and she won't stop weeing everytime you pick her up. She walks on her tiptoes, and he doesn't know if its because of arthritis or a bladder issue, maybe a growth or a cancer. So she's in tomorrow for an xray and scan on her bladder.Depending on what we find, we may be going down the acupuncture route.

She's okay in herself though, still a happy girl.
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6018
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:59 pm

Fingers crossed for Jelly Hugs
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:53 pm

Sending loads of vibes to you and Jelly Hugs

Please keep us updated with what the results of the scan were xxx
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by c.bolduan Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:10 pm

Vibes for Jelly. Lots of them and some for you too.

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3124
Registration date : 2013-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahJane Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:13 pm

I will, thank you guys. She's such a special girl, the sad part is, if something is very wrong she doesn't have age on her side,and I won't push her through something when she is old already.BUT, she is a tough girl, she always has been so, maybe she will surprise us.
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahJane Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:12 pm

Everything now makes sense. Jelly has a growth, likely cancerous, on the back of her kidney. It's why she started weeing on the floor in the first place, and why it never got any better. Her arthritis is minimal, yes she has it, but it isn't what's been causing her dodgy walking or her struggles. She is in need of a dental, but the vet has said there isn't a need to give her one because they aren't causing her much trouble, and unfortunately she isn't going to live long enough for her teeth to cause her any discomfort longterm.

We don't know how long she has, but she has declined very quickly so I'm not expecting very long at all. She's happy in herself right now, but not even Jelly can push through like this forever.

I am sad. Very sad. My best friends guinea pig died last night so she's taking me to collect Jelly and bring her home (and Pebbles) and then we are taking her piggy to the crematorium, so we both feel quite useless and sad for each other right now.

SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:38 pm

Oh babe - I'm so sorry that there isn't better news for your beautiful
Girl.

I'm sending you all my love babe xxxx
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:51 pm

I'm so sorry, SJ.

As hard as it is, try to enjoy the precious time you have left with her Hugs
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahJane Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:43 pm

I am devastated, but I've got to be thankful for all the time Ive had with her. 2006 this bun came into my life, her and Peanut Butter and PB left us in 2009, way way too soon. In all those years that have come and gone since then she's been the picture of health and now she is an old lady. She's lived a full, happy life and I will be heartbroken when she leaves me, but...this is what we wish for. We wish for them to lead long lives and die old, and so many of us don't get that, we lose them too soon. So, yeah I'm heartbroken. But, if this is what I get, if this is as much as time we have then I have to be grateful because eight years isn't something to be sniffed it.

I love her so much.
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:51 pm

I am so very sorry my darling, I just wish there was something I could say. We are all here for you.

Lots of love
Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:37 pm

I am so sorry to read this Sad

I think you have summed it up perfectly - Jelly has had a wonderful eight years with you and the best home and care imaginable. Try to enjoy what time you have left with her, and cherish all of the precious memories you have together Hugs

Thinking of you at this hard time xxxx
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:08 pm

Hugs 

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahJane Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:46 pm

Today Jelly couldn't walk, she was dragging her back end and I burst into tears - not because of her leaving me, but because it broke my heart to watch her struggle. So, I decided tomorrow would be the day. Then, she started running, not fast, I will add. She is SO thin, she weighed 1.6kg a few days ago and I'm pretty sure she's lost weight since then still.

I think Tuesday is going to be the day. It sounds awful, and I hope you guys understand what I mean by this, but my mum is going away, and I can't cope with Jelly on my own. She's at the end of the road, and the next few days would be distressing for me, and for her, she's so so tiny, and she's weeing on herself, the shed is having to be scrubbed daily (which I cant do) and I cant hold her properly without hurting her or myself, and she is on the verge of beginning to suffer - so I feel like I would rather let her go, and have my me, beside me, than let her go Weds, Thurs, Friday - (because she wont last any longer than that) and then have to do this all on my own, and also struggle in her last days and watch her suffer.

I don't see the point in letting her get so so bad.I know some of you guys may disagree, and some of you in my scenario may bring her indoors, and start syringe feeding and constant cleaning etc - and that would be your choice but...this is my girl, and she's a tough, fiesty rabbit and she doesn't want me pulling her about, and she doesn't want to drag herself around, and become emaciated and sad. I don't want that for her.

So, I won't be around much - not that I have been recently anyway, apologies for that.

I'll keep you guys updated, but I think that's what were doing.
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:06 am

Sarahjane, nobody knows her like you do, and therefore nobody can make the call like you can. I am sure nobody will be judging you.

In fact, I think you are doing the right thing.

I sometimes wonder if I should have let Thumper go sooner, but she deteriorated rapidly overnight and the good days still far outweighed the bad right up until that day. PTS didn't feel right right up until that day.  Follow your gut instinct.

I think you always doubt the decision you made - either way, unfortunately. Hugs
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by c.bolduan Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:20 am

SJ, you will be the only one to know and no other has the right or duty to judge. You know your bunny and hence it your decision is the right one, no matter what!
Sending you support thoughts and comfort vibes.

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:29 pm

I agree with the others. Jelly is your girl and you know her better than any one of us do Hugs

If it offers any comfort, I believe you are doing the right thing. I really do believe it is "better to let them go a few days early than a second too late". You are helping Jelly to leave with dignity and before she begins to really suffer. That is the most selfless, loving decision you could make for her xxx

Sending you loads of hugs and thinking of you. We're always here for you xx
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:24 pm

I think you are doing the right thing absolutely hun, you just know when it is time and as painful as it is, we have to do the right thing. I just hope you are OK. I am sending lots of loves and cuddles to you. We are here if you need us. Hugs

Hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahJane Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:19 pm

The little monkey had been running around today, she is so wobbly but her back legs haven't given way once, until I picked her up and then they did for a bit - I think when I pick her up I am pressing on the tumour and making it worse. But today, she's been okay.

I don't know. Today I found some photos, and it showed me how old and tired she is. Today has been a relatively 'good' day, and it's made me question everything.

I'm going to see how she is tomorrow, and if she is like she was today I won't say goodbye just yet. My best friend has told me she will help me and come with me when it's time. Maybe I should be able to do this on my own by now, but I just can't. So I am grateful I don't have to worry about that. I'm going to see how she is tomorrow day time, and then we'll see. Maybe we have a few days yet, maybe we don't.

It's a decision I always felt happy with, with Peanut. His infection had gone into his bone, and I put him to sleep when he was on the surface, a normal, happy bunny. He looked perfect. But i'd seen on here, and other places how poorly rabbits get within hours of an infection going into the bone, and I said enough was enough, three surgeries was enough. He'd ripped out his own claws, and he was misrable, but he looked so so well in himself. But, it was time.

And I don't want to be too late with Jelly. I really don't.

The way I see it is, rabbits have no concept of time, or space. They don't know what it means to live 'just one more day'. All she knows is happiness, comfort, or pain. And, I don't want to wait until it's too bad she is suffering. But i'll see. I'll let you guys know, i'll keep you in the loop.
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by c.bolduan Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:11 am

Please do and we are here if you need us! Hugs

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahJane Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:13 pm

I'm letting her go today. She's putting on a brave face, but she's letting me hold her, and sitting on my lap for ages, she's so tired and while she's hopping around as best she can, she's a little worse than yesterday, and I just don't want to see my girl deteriorate any more.

I am so sad, she's been a huge part of my life for so long. She's a HH original Laughing

It's going to be so hard to say goodbye.
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:09 pm

You are doing the right thing. She can go with dignity, and before she begins to suffer. You are making the kindest decision possible Hugs

Will be thinking of you xxxx
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahJane Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:37 pm

My heart is broken. Sad
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:43 pm

Aw, I'm so sorry Crying or Very sad

Go find your Peanut Butter, Jelly. I'm sure he'll be waiting for you x
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next