Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The trouble with Joey (sneezing and stasis)...U/D 02/09

+9
Thumper2001
c.bolduan
FluffSlave
jolovesbunnies
Tuckerbunnies
gentl
KatieB
Sparky
JoeyBunsMum
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The trouble with Joey (sneezing and stasis)...U/D 02/09 - Page 2 Empty Re: The trouble with Joey (sneezing and stasis)...U/D 02/09

Post by jolovesbunnies Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:37 pm

How is he today love?

Hugs
Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

The trouble with Joey (sneezing and stasis)...U/D 02/09 - Page 2 Empty Re: The trouble with Joey (sneezing and stasis)...U/D 02/09

Post by gentl Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:41 pm

Sending vibes! Glad he is getting help.
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:15 pm

How is he doing Hun ?
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by BugsBunny Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:16 pm

How is he doing?
BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2293
Registration date : 2013-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyBunsMum Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:16 pm

Hi everyone, I just realised how long it's been since I updated this thread Shocked So the latest is this;

Joey had his initial appointment with Frances Harcourt Brown in late July. The journey alone was freaking me out as it's just over 2 hours away and he doesn't travel well, but the bright idea was to take him in his cage (it's only used for his toilet!) and I'm amazed how much of a difference it made, he was a lot less stressed than going in a pet carrier. FHB wanted a proper look up his nose, so that meant a nasal endoscopy.

So he went back to FHB for the endoscope and more x-rays last week. Which basically showed very little, which was no surprise to me Hmmm It does appear there has been damage to some of the nasal bones and tissue from his original bout of infection a couple of years back, which again no surprise. She did say there was a part of his palette that looked slightly mishapen / uneven which she'd never seen before, and apparently when it was investigated whilst he was sedated it looked like it could go into spasm.
To me this makes some sense, as he has these sneezing fits if he moves too quick or gets fur up his nose and it's like something is irritating him and making him gag / "bark". The next step is potentially steroid drops or nebulizing with steroids. Obviously there is no nice easy asnwer, not that I was expecting there to be. So little Mr is confounding all the bun experts from
Molly Varga, John Chitty (who looked over his x-rays a couple of years ago) and now FHB. Rolling Eyes Laughing

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2784
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:17 pm

Joey - you are a complicated little fella, aren't you? Laughing

I am glad you have found a solution to travelling him which he is more comfortable with Very Happy

Sending lots of vibes for his continued health, and hopefully some answers! Hugs
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:21 pm

Oh dear, I am sorry to hear this love. Loving healthy vibes are on their way and please keep us updated.

Hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:47 pm

Joey Joey Joey ...... If only you could talk little guy.

Well he certainly has the very best in the country on the case.

Still it must be hard not having answers Hun.

I wish I could offer you more than the hugs and buckets of love coming your way xx
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:25 pm

How are you today sweetie? Wave

Hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:56 am

Sorry to hear this.  I hope Joey is improving.   Ssending many, many vibes.
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2