Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bonding a complete failure, poor Coffee

+6
jolovesbunnies
Tuckerbunnies
Sixer
gentl
Thumper2001
c.bolduan
10 posters

Go down

Bonding a complete failure, poor Coffee Empty Bonding a complete failure, poor Coffee

Post by c.bolduan Fri May 30, 2014 3:29 am

Here I'm and I have to admitt that the bonding of the trio has failed.
Utterly and to much pain of my little boy.
I came back from work this evening after a very demanding shift in A&E.
Whilst taking my coat of I heard the well known sound of trouble in the warren.
Went to check and nearly fainted.
Coffee has again managed to escape from his hutch and run enclosure. The room coverd with fur. He chasing Bertie about.
Separated them and checked to find 9 bite wounds on him, most superficial, but two moderate and one on his paw where a skin flap is hanging of revealing tendons underneath Hissy Hissy Thumbs Up No No No 
Bertie seems unhurt but all three stressed.
Moved Coffee with all his housing and belongings into the lounge where he will stay until outside accommodation is sorted.
Phoned the vet, tobe seen in the morning. Cleaned all wounds and applied a dressing to,his foot. Metacam given too. Will contact wind whistle warren tomorrow and speak to Alice about possibility to try bonding there but feel that there has been so much pain and injury that I feel quite pessimistic about it.
Maybe the injury on his tounge is fight related too.
Feel very sorry for them and don't know what best to do now???? scratch pale 

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3124
Registration date : 2013-07-23

Back to top Go down

Bonding a complete failure, poor Coffee Empty Re: Bonding a complete failure, poor Coffee

Post by Thumper2001 Fri May 30, 2014 12:16 pm

Oh no! Poor Coffee!!!

Tbh I think I would give up and get Coffee a wife-bun. But that's just me Laughing I'm a wimp haha!

Hope he's ok Hugs
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Bonding a complete failure, poor Coffee Empty Re: Bonding a complete failure, poor Coffee

Post by Thumper2001 Fri May 30, 2014 12:17 pm

From what I hear, 2 males and 1 female rarely work out. That's not to say it never does...
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by c.bolduan Fri May 30, 2014 12:45 pm

No, the decision is made, no further attempts to bond the three.
These are deep bite wounds, I was quite shocked when I saw them this morning in day light.
He is fine in himself, that's because he is a very sweet laid back bun.
I suppose he likes it in the living room with all his belongings. Just hoovering off his veg portion as we speak and been good as gold overnight. All poo in litter box and no mischiefs. I slept on the sofa just to reassure and be close to him.
Yes I consider a hunbun for him, but want to wait until all wounds are healed and I get the outside quarters sorted.
The plan is to get a purpose build dog kennel with a separation wall and two doors to enable me to clean out.the runaround system will than be attached to this to,allow for two separate runs.
I will see whether I find a rescue with available lady bun that is willing to bond them for me prior to moving into the new accommodation.
Until then he will have to life in exile in the living room. Could be worse.
The old two tier hutch that is currently upstairs is been nibbled by a bunny B. so badly that I don't want to include it in the outdoor setting.
My idea was to keep it in our porch/conservatory with the puppy pen and use it in the winter if I want to sit with them, for grooming and as an infirmary as I got sockets in there and a halogen heater.
Just been told by OH you are hopping mad. This means hope remains Wave Thumbs Up albino 

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Fri May 30, 2014 1:52 pm

Poor Coffee! Bunnies hormones run strong don't they. My wee bun is covered with evidence of severe bites and scratches. He was in a 2 male one female trio too.

Sending comforting vibes for the adorable Coffee! And  Hugs for you!
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Fri May 30, 2014 4:19 pm

Poor Coffee, it does seem likely now that the damage on his tongue may well have been caused by another bun. I hope all his wounds heal quickly. I think you are right in finding a wifebun for Coffee, I am sure Alice will have a perfect partner for him. Vibes and hugs coming your way xx
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Fri May 30, 2014 5:52 pm

Oh gosh poor Coffee, sending him lots of 'Healing' vibes for his many wounds and some 'Good Luck' Vibes that he finds himself a nice
Wife to settle down with Bless him xxx

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Fri May 30, 2014 7:54 pm

Oh sweetie, what a horrid thing to come home to. I hope his bites get better soon after such a nasty attack and I am sorry for you and he that this hasn't worked out. Please keep us posted.

Hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Fri May 30, 2014 8:16 pm

Oh poor lad.... He has been in the wars!

I think your plan re a lady and new digs is the best idea.... And done other bun gets the chance at a completely wonderful home too!

I'm sending vibes that his wounds heal quickly and a hug for you as you have had quite a shock too xxxx
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by BugsBunny Fri May 30, 2014 8:22 pm

Poor sweet Coffee.

I am sending many healing vibes his way hun.

Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs 
BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2293
Registration date : 2013-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by paullp Fri May 30, 2014 9:16 pm

oh no! I hope all three de stress. I know how horrible it is to come home to find buns fighting like that  Hugs Hugs Hugs 
paullp
paullp
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 789
Registration date : 2012-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by c.bolduan Sat May 31, 2014 2:29 pm

Now then,
Coffee had nealy two days in the lounge and guess what...
he love it!
He is bright, cheer and playful, eats like there might be no more food in the near future.
Last night some thing moving happend. Cute alert
My big Tom cat came in the lounge( only allowed whilst I'm around as I would not trust and surely don't need the bun more frightened or injured) went to Coffee and started grooming him on his head, coffee just sat and enjoyed it and they then cuddled up with each other for about two minutes. Just not long enough for me to get the camera from upstairs and claim evidence on this event. But they might do it again?!! Camera now stays in the lounge......
So sweet.
I just done his dressing on his foot too, it is a very deep wound and he wouldn't keep still and let me clean and redress it. So I had to trance him for about three minutes. I feel awful about it, but couldn't get it done on my own otherwise.
Sorry pale Sad Sorry Suspect Sorry No 

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sat May 31, 2014 4:28 pm

Awwww how cute ! Deffo need pictures next time!!

KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by c.bolduan Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:55 pm

Another update.
Been to the vet this morning.
Tounge looks ok, new tissue growing.
Bite wounds are healing even the one on the food won't need dressing anymore.
He suprised me this morning with a row of binkys in the living room.
All good then I guess. Thanks for all the good wishes and thoughts and vibes. Wave Thumbs Up Love Hugs 

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:56 pm

Aww! I'm glad he is healing well Smile
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:14 pm

I am glad all is well love.

Hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:43 am

I'm so glad Coffee is healing so well. They can be savage little fighters. It's wonderful that he likes where he is and has made a 'friend' of sorts with the kitty. Hopefully there will be a hunbun in his future.
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:38 pm

I am sorry to hear that the bonding didn't go too well Sad

I am glad though that Coffee has settled into life as a living room bun well and his wounds are healing nicely Very Happy

I can't wait to see what the future holds re: housing and wife-bun! Pics will be required Love
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:46 pm

Our puss Felix plays with Holly too love, but like you we never leave them together unattended.

Hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down