I witnessed something awful today :(

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I witnessed something awful today :(

Post by FluffSlave on Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:04 pm

We decided to take our dogs to the pond in the woods today as it was such a nice afternoon. On our way back, we noticed both of them rummaging around in the undergrowth and very interested in something. We thought it was just a rabbit hole or mole tunnel, but then I saw this pair of ears and I knew it was a bunny Sad

Luckily neither of our dogs were trying to harm him/her, just very interested. I ran over to get them to leave the bun alone and what I saw just turned my stomach. This poor bunny was full of myxi, their eyes were like two giant abscesses and the poor thing was visibly terrified but that poorly that it was just fumbling around, completely disorientated and the best it could manage to get away from the dogs was very slow hops which were clearly taking it out of them.

I felt absolutely sick to my stomach and can't stop thinking about the poor thing. I know there's nothing I could have done, I just hope that little bunny is nearing the end of its suffering Crying or Very sad

To think that HUMANS caused and helped with the spread of such a sadistic thing sickens me. I would like to infect them with something similar Mad
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Re: I witnessed something awful today :(

Post by jolovesbunnies on Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:14 pm

This is sickening love, being a bunny mummy, bunnies are special to me. Are you going too tell anyone because if there is an outbreak, it could spread like wild fire. Yes, as usual people are resonsible for animal suffering either indirected or directly and there aren;t the words to express how disgusted this makes me feel. I would have been in a dreadful unconsoleable state myself love, so I know what you felt. Poor little bun, I hope he has passed by now and it hasn't spread.

Hugs
JO xx

Hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11430
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave on Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:34 pm

I hope so too Jo Sad

It is unfortunately already well known that Myxi is rife in that area. So awful Sad
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB on Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:44 pm

Oh babe that must have been an awful thing to see. I hope that her suffering is short.

So so awful x.

Katie, Daisy B, Charlie & Annabelle x
KatieB
Admin

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies on Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:27 pm

Thanks for telling me that Fluffsalve love, we have had outbreaks down here before but at the moment, touch wood, I think we are OK. Is there no way they can be helped and have their misery ended? Crying or Very sad I do hope the little darling has left for the Bridge.

Hugs
Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by BugsBunny on Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:17 pm

It would have made me very sad and sick too hun, not a nice thing to see such sweet bunnies suffering, poor darlings.
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2293
Registration date : 2013-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by c.bolduan on Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:34 pm

Sorry to join in. Came home yesterday morning after a night sit and took the rural wobbly route. Leading through a wood nearby. There is this bunny sitting on the "road". I had to stop because it moved so slowly and I saw his/her face. It was covered with blistres boils i dont know the right word for it but it looked horrid!Awful. Th bun just slowly hopped off the road.
Do I need to contact the local vets?
My folks are vaccinated but I know there is other bunnies in the area where this may not be the case. And a guinea pig rescue just around the corner.leaves me scared. pale

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2013-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies on Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:34 pm

I certainly would if I were you, even if they are aware, it will do no harm to mention it. I would tell everyone who is potentially in danger. Please let us know how you get on love, this is just so horrible. Someone should help them and stop the suffering. Sad

Hugs
JO xx.

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB on Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:50 pm

Saw one myself today - literally just down the road - this is so scary.

Katie, Daisy B, Charlie & Annabelle x
KatieB
Admin

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies on Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:30 pm

I so wish the local authority or whom ever is resonsible, would do something to end this dreadful suffering.

Hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down