Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Water

+3
cheryl'n'bruce'flo
FluffSlave
KatieB
7 posters

Go down

Water Empty Water

Post by KatieB Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:39 pm

As you might remember I posted a little while ago about how C&A never seem to drink. Well during the hotter months I started putting a bottle up as well as a bowl (I had never used a bottle before) in a last ditch attempt to get them to drink something.

Well wouldn't you know it...yesterday I saw Annie having a big drink from it. It didn't look like an easy thing to do bless her, but it seems if she is going to drink she will only do it from the bottle. Sigh...

So this leads me to my questions. Does anyone know of any good ones...she has a cheapo one at the moment but I was wondering if there are any out there that are easier for them to get the water out of?

K
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Water Empty Re: Water

Post by FluffSlave Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:21 pm

I just bought a Living World glass water bottle for my chinchillas and I LOVE it. It is really easy for them to drink from and to clean - it even has a cute little floating carrot to let you see the water level from a distance! Very Happy

They're not cheap, but they are worth it in my opinion.

The only thing I would say though is check you can assemble it in your set up. They are designed to be mounted to the inside of a barred cage...
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:52 pm

Ahhh. This would have to go on the mesh of the run.  But I'm wondering if hubster would be able to adapt a holder in some way thank Hun

Last edited by KatieB on Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by cheryl'n'bruce'flo Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:39 pm

The pigs use a savic source bottle. They have a different mechanism so they don't drip, but the guineas pigs are adept at dribbling which creates the same result.
cheryl'n'bruce'flo
cheryl'n'bruce'flo
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7837
Registration date : 2011-08-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruffin Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:20 am

I have 5 bottles around the hutches and runs only cheap ones and have a few bowls they all use the bottles more than the bowls the bunns dont drink as much as the piggys if jim which he does from time to time stops drinking I put him a bowl of pinapple juice down which starts him drinking again
Ruffin
Ruffin
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1122
Registration date : 2010-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:56 am

Whatever bottle you choose check the tube frequently because the ball can get lodged easily.   One of our buns had such hard a bite he would bend the metal.  Usually trapping the ball so all of the water ran out.
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:08 am

We use the Ezi-Filler water bottles besides they are non drip and with having so many dental buns they are ideal as the long tubed ones can cause discomfort for a bunny with a dental problem or spur and so they can stop drinking but with the ezi-fillers there is no tube as such instead they only lightly have to touch the drinking nozzle and they get water out. We have tried all sorts of water bottles and we find these are the best, for us anyway. Smile

http://www.johnhopewell.co.uk/default.asp?template=productdetail.page.xml&productid=22

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by BugsBunny Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:55 am

Dougal likes his bowls and he has to have them refreshed about 3 times a day, he tells me if they are not done at tea time again and in the evening, he loves his fresh water.
BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2293
Registration date : 2013-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down