Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fibafirst?

+2
Sixer
c.bolduan
6 posters

Go down

Fibafirst? Empty Fibafirst?

Post by c.bolduan Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:47 pm

Hi folks,
I'm asking whether any one else is using Fibafirst food? I bought it out of curiosity to add as a treat not to necessarily change their food regime. With Bertie producing so many Ceacotrophs I thought I will feed him more of these. Of course, he is the only bun who doesn't like them. Bubbles and Vernon both think "mhmm-yummy", but he turns at least two blind eyes to it Rolling Eyes
When I ordered it I thought of Bubbles getting into troubles , now that reims , ok! With chewing and digesting all the fabrics in the world, so to have a high fibre food that will encourage things to moved on..............
I guess you know where I'm coming from.
I can't find much information except the page from supreme and they of course praise it as they want to sell their product. study Is it worth ordering some more??? Smile

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3124
Registration date : 2013-07-23

Back to top Go down

Fibafirst? Empty Re: Fibafirst?

Post by Sixer Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:20 am

I considered trying it but went for the Vetcareplus digestive health formula instead. Basically the same ingredients plus extra herbs and vitamins as far as I can see. A box of these goes a long way even with six rabbits. They just get a stick each in with their supper.

Can I ask what pellets you feed Bertie on? When we had Barney who produced excess caecals I finally pinned it down to the pellets - he produced too many with both Excel and Science Selective. The common denominator was alfalfa, or so I think. When I switched to the Oxbow Bunny Basics T he was fine - these are timothy hay based pellets with no alfalfa in sight! Just a thought.
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by c.bolduan Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:45 am

Sixer wrote:I considered trying it but went for the Vetcareplus digestive health formula instead. Basically the same ingredients plus extra herbs and vitamins as far as I can see. A box of these goes a long way even with six rabbits. They just get a stick each in with their supper.

Can I ask what pellets you feed Bertie on? When we had Barney who produced excess caecals I finally pinned it down to the pellets - he produced too many with both Excel and Science Selective. The common denominator was alfalfa, or so I think. When I switched to the Oxbow Bunny Basics T he was fine - these are timothy hay based pellets with no alfalfa in sight! Just a thought.

Thanks for the tip. Thumbs Up
They all get a mix of pellets and you are right it science selective, excel and harringtons. If I need to change the food it will have to be for Bubbles too as they share the warren. Very Happy
I will certainly try but still think we should see the vet tomorrow.

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by cheryl'n'bruce'flo Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:09 pm

Mine love fibafirst and it seems to create good poos even when fed on a treat basis.

On the pellet front I would change the excel as a starting point as they are most likely to cause soft poo. I found that Bruce tolerates the variations of excel (mature and light) but not normal excel.
cheryl'n'bruce'flo
cheryl'n'bruce'flo
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7837
Registration date : 2011-08-05

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:10 pm

I've never tried the Fibafirst but I would say to take him off the Excel.

Willow also had difficulty and tummy troubles when she was fed on this. I switched her over to Science Selective and have never looked back Very Happy
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by BugsBunny Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:03 pm

We give Dougal fibafirst, he gets one a day and on some days too, they are not fattening as mainly fiber so it is very good for them and they are very long sticks. He loves them and when he was stressed from moving into a new home for the few days and was off his hay a bit from it I fed him those and extra ones of them to help and it did him wonders.

I do not know what it is like as their main pellet type food though but it is good stuff.

Dougals main pellet is excel but some buns cannot cope with it with their delicate tums.
BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2293
Registration date : 2013-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:21 pm

My two love fibafirst, I feed them on a treat basis, and they have really helped improve their poos!
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by c.bolduan Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:50 am

Yes I give them as a treat and they work a treat on their poo's Very Happy
Since Bertie had his dental he is not producing as many c's as before or eats them!? So I won't change the diet yet but will reduce the amount of excel and put more ss in the mix.

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down